|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: the Meeting, the Letter, the Second Meeting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Old Joe Hunt in Chapter 1?
(b) Hateful and mean.
(d) Wryly affable.
2. In discussing modern dating, the narrator says in Chapter 1, "This made me feel like a survivor from some antique, bypassed culture whose members were still using" what "as a form of monetary exchange" (45)?
3. What two locations are linked by the Wobbly Bridge?
(a) St. Paul's and Tate Modern.
(b) Hyde Park and Oxford Square.
(c) Whitecastle and Newbury.
(d) Chislehurst and London.
4. The narrator suggests in Chapter 1 that "it takes only the smallest pleasure or pain to teach us" what (11)?
(b) "Time's maleability."
(c) "What life is about."
(d) "How to love."
5. What does the narrator say he does now at the local hospital in the conclusion of Chapter 1?
(a) He teaches piano.
(b) He runs a library.
(c) He helps with the elderly.
(d) He runs the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What composer does the narrator say he still plays a lot of in Chapter 2?
2. What composers did Veronica hate?
3. For about how long does the narrator say he dated Veronica in Chapter 2?
4. What poet does the narrator describe in Chapter 2 as having not ever run out of animals?
5. Why did Adrian write to the narrator during his senior year of college?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)