|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: the Will, the Diary, and the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Veronica tell the narrator that the only purpose of a woman's period was?
(a) To punish womankind.
(b) To tell you you are not pregnant.
(c) To cause pain and agony.
(d) To tell you when to have a baby.
2. From what material does the narrator describe Veronica's parents home constructed?
(a) Yellow brick.
(c) Red brick.
(d) White wood.
3. What does the narrator describe being tossed into a wet sink, causing it to steam in the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A hot
(b) A hot frying pan.
(c) A hot knife.
(d) A hot iron.
4. The narrator notes in Chapter 1 that when teasing or calling his friends to seriousness, Adrian would address the narrator by what name?
5. Where did the narrator attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. In discussing modern dating, the narrator says in Chapter 1, "This made me feel like a survivor from some antique, bypassed culture whose members were still using" what "as a form of monetary exchange" (45)?
2. What is the name of Susan's husband?
3. Which of his friends does the narrator describe as denouncing his family in Chapter 1?
4. Who writes to the narrator from Messrs. Coyle, Innes and Black in Chapter 2?
5. What does the narrator say he does now at the local hospital in the conclusion of Chapter 1?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)