|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: the Will, the Diary, and the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret refer to Veronica as when she meets the narrator for lunch to discuss the matter in Chapter 2?
(a) "The Debacle."
(b) "The Debutante."
(c) "The Witch."
(d) "The Fruitcake."
2. How long ago does the solicitor say Mrs. Ford's will was drawn up in Chapter 2?
(a) Six years ago.
(b) Five years ago.
(c) Two years ago.
(d) Twenty years ago.
3. Who does the narrator describe as making "philosophical objections to the perceived nature of reality" in Chapter 1 (18)?
4. The narrator notes in Chapter 1 that when teasing or calling his friends to seriousness, Adrian would address the narrator by what name?
5. What is the name of the narrator's firstborn child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Veronica tell the narrator that the only purpose of a woman's period was?
2. Which of his friends does the narrator describe as denouncing his family in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Veronica's brother?
4. What word in Chapter 1 means behaving in an obsequious way to gain advantage?
5. Why did Adrian write to the narrator during his senior year of college?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)