|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: the Will, the Diary, and the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Adrian when he committed suicide?
2. The narrator notes in Chapter 1 that when teasing or calling his friends to seriousness, Adrian would address the narrator by what name?
3. What does the narrator describe Old Joe Hunt always wearing in Chapter 1?
(a) A three-piece suit.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A striped sweater and slacks.
(d) A coat jacket and jeans.
4. What does the narrator describe being tossed into a wet sink, causing it to steam in the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A hot frying pan.
(b) A hot
(c) A hot knife.
(d) A hot iron.
5. What word from Chapter 2 means having a tendency to become liquid?
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many years has it been since the narrator visited the Ford family when the narrator receives the notice of Mrs. Ford's will in Chapter 2?
2. What periodical ran the headline after Adrian's death that was titled "Tragic Death of 'Promising' Young Man" (97)?
3. What composer does the narrator say "has gone the way of those geniuses who fascinate in youth, retain a residual power in middle age, but later seem, if not embarrassing, somehow less relevant" in Chapter 2 (115)?
4. How long after the narrator's marriage to Margaret did they have their first child?
5. What monarch's reign did Old Joe Hunt ask his students about on the third day of class, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)