|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1: High School and Robson's Suicide.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of his friends does the narrator describe as denouncing his family in Chapter 1?
2. The narrator points out in Chapter 1 that "what you end up remembering isn't always" what (10)?
(a) "What happened."
(b) "The truth."
(c) "The same as what you have witnessed."
(d) "What others end up remembering."
3. Who did the narrator's father blame when he found the narrator reading The Communist Manifesto?
4. The narrator notes in Chapter 1 that when teasing or calling his friends to seriousness, Adrian would address the narrator by what name?
5. Where does the narrator describe the school he attended in Chapter 1?
(a) East London.
(b) Central London.
(d) North London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word in Chapter 1 means behaving in an obsequious way to gain advantage?
2. What does the narrator say he and his friends regarded as "a crypto-fascist plan for repressing our sex drive" (18)?
3. What musical instrument did Adrian play, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
4. By whom was Adrian raised?
5. How did Robson kill himself?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)