|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: the Meeting, the Letter, the Second Meeting.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret refer to Veronica as when she meets the narrator for lunch to discuss the matter in Chapter 2?
(a) "The Debacle."
(b) "The Fruitcake."
(c) "The Debutante."
(d) "The Witch."
2. Where did the narrator attend college?
3. By whom was Adrian raised?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His aunt.
4. For how long did Veronica's mother say they had lived in their current home when the narrator asked during his visit in Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. Where did the narrator go to meet his friend to discuss Adrian's suicide after he arrived home?
(a) The Windsor Hotel.
(b) The Charing X Hotel.
(c) The Marriott Hotel.
(d) The Four Seasons Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church does the narrator discover there had never been in Chislehurst in Chapter 2?
2. Of England, the narrator says in Chapter 2, "...in this country shadings of class resist time longer than" what (138)?
3. How old was Susan when she married?
4. What is the name of the two-disc boxed set by Donovan that the narrator describes having owned in college in Chapter 1?
5. What word from Chapter 1 refers to failing to act as a result of moral weakness?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)