|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: the Will, the Diary, and the Formula.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator notes in Chapter 1, "I'd read somewhere that if you want to make people pay attention to what you're saying, you" do what (64)?
(a) Raise your voice.
(b) Lower your voice.
(c) Remain silent.
(d) Gaze about the room.
2. The narrator points out in Chapter 1 that "what you end up remembering isn't always" what (10)?
(a) "What happened."
(b) "The truth."
(c) "What others end up remembering."
(d) "The same as what you have witnessed."
3. To what university did Adrian win a scholarship?
4. What set Adrian Finn apart from the other boys, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
(a) He came from a two-parent home.
(b) He was new to the school.
(c) He was mentally disabled.
(d) He was physically disabled.
5. What word in Chapter 1 means behaving in an obsequious way to gain advantage?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator describe being tossed into a wet sink, causing it to steam in the opening of Chapter 1?
2. About how many years has it been since the narrator visited the Ford family when the narrator receives the notice of Mrs. Ford's will in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of Susan's husband?
4. The narrator states in Chapter 1, "Adrian might attract people, but he never behaved as if he wanted" what?
5. How old was Adrian when he committed suicide?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)