|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what key does the narrator say his father spoke in Chapter 1?
2. Why did the narrator claim poor people were the best drivers?
(a) Because they are hiding from the law.
(b) Because they cannot afford insurance.
(c) Because they drive stolen cars.
(d) Because they are talking on phones.
3. The narrator states in the Prologue, "I understand now that the only time black people don't feel guilty is when" what (18)?
(a) "We have paid our debts to society."
(b) "We've been oppressed."
(c) "We've actually done something wrong."
(d) "We've been falsely accused of a crime."
4. What does the narrator describe as Hominy's favorite room at the BDSM club in Chapter 6?
(a) The Black Chamber.
(b) The Bastille Room.
(c) The Red Room.
(d) The Blue Room.
5. What does the narrator claim to listen to recordings of when he has trouble sleeping in Chapter 1?
(a) The Watergate tapes.
(b) Slot machines playing.
(c) Ocean waves.
(d) Sheep baa-ing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
2. How old was Wheezer when he died?
3. What is Hominy's last name?
4. To what Shakespearean play does the narrator compare the Little Rascals in Chapter 6?
5. Of "Little Scotty Beckett," the narrator says, "Scotty was a big-eyed Rascal who used to run with" whom, in Chapter 6 (84)?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Hominy's work on the farm in Chapter 6?
2. How does the narrator describe Hominy's birthday celebration?
3. How do the members of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals respond to the narrator's proposal to restore the City of Dickens?
4. How is the narrator's home described? Where does he live?
5. How is Hominy Jenkins described by the narrator?
6. What does the narrator remark about mottos in the Prologue?
7. How did the community respond when the narrator began his process of marking the boundaries of Dickens?
8. How does the narrator describe his father in Chapter 1?
9. Who is Hampton Fiske and how is he described?
10. What happened when the narrator's father attempted an experiment on bystander syndrome when the narrator was a child?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)