|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Hominy claim was "the original Little Rascal" (86)?
(c) Sunshine Sammy.
2. The narrator states in Chapter 7 that "One of the many sad ironies of African-American life is that every banal dysfunctional social gathering is called" what (93-94)?
(a) "A gathering."
(b) "A pot-luck."
(c) "A get-together."
(d) "A 'function'."
3. What did Darla Hood die from in reality, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
4. In what key does the narrator say his father spoke in Chapter 1?
5. What does "RTD" stand for (118)?
(a) Rapid Transit District.
(b) Road Transportation Department.
(c) Railway Transport Department.
(d) Road Transfer Division.
Short Answer Questions
1. What date did the narrator use on his emancipation of Hominy in Chapter 6?
2. Who is the dominatrix that Hominy frequented at the BDSM club?
3. What does the narrator say "ain't easy" just like "pimpin' ain't easy" in the opening of Chapter 6 (80)?
4. What does the narrator say that L.A. is about in Chapter 9?
5. What is the name of the BDSM club on the Westside where the narrator contracted to dole out Hominy's punishments for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator remark about mottos in the Prologue?
2. What happened when the narrator's father attempted an experiment on bystander syndrome when the narrator was a child?
3. Why does the black woman slap the narrator in the Prologue?
4. How does the narrator describe Hominy's work on the farm in Chapter 6?
5. What happened on the occasions where the narrator attempted to emancipate Hominy?
6. How does the narrator encounter Marpessa in Chapter 9? What emerges in their meeting?
7. When and where do the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals meet?
8. What are the three basic laws of ghetto physics that the narrator describes in Chapter 3?
9. Who is Hampton Fiske and how is he described?
10. How do the members of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals respond to the narrator's proposal to restore the City of Dickens?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)