|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that he's seen that were "funnier than my father's [comic] routine in Chapter 17 (206)?
(a) "Ganster murders."
(b) "Chicken slaughters."
(d) "Criminal executions."
2. What is the name of the fake school that the narrator has "erected" in Dickens?
(a) The Carlton Academy.
(b) The Wheaton Academy.
(c) The Roosevelt Academy.
(d) The Wilson Academy.
3. Why does the narrator say he was struggling with growing potatoes in Chapter 18?
(a) The climate is too warm.
(b) The climate is too dry.
(c) The climate is too cold.
(d) The climate is too wet.
4. What word from Chapter 15 means cheerful and full of energy?
5. What did Marpessa throw at Foy Cheshire, according to the narrator in Chapter 17?
(a) An orange.
(b) A rock.
(c) An apple.
(d) A knife.
6. How does the narrator refer to Hominy as he accompanied him in driving around town in Chapter 20?
(a) An "African-American Marco Polo."
(b) An "African-American Paul Revere."
(c) An "African-American Frankenstein."
(d) An "African-American Igor."
7. What diagnosis did Marpessa determine for the narrator when he was 18?
(a) Bipolar Disorder.
(b) Depressive Disorder.
(c) Social Anxiety Disorder.
(d) Attachment Disorder.
8. What is the name of the only movie theater in Dickens?
(a) The Meralta.
(b) The Sagan.
(c) The Carlton.
(d) The Roxy.
9. What was the latest of Foy Cheshire's novel adaptations that he passed around at the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals meeting in Chapter 19?
(a) The Adventures of Tom Soarer.
(b) The Cat and the Cancer.
(c) The Dopeman Cometh.
(d) The Mob Gang.
10. About how many people were at the meeting of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals that the narrator describes in Chapter 19?
11. Who is the student that volunteered to help the narrator castrate a calf on Career Day?
(a) Curtis Baxter.
(b) Susan Silverman.
(c) Sheila Clark.
(d) Jean Piaget.
12. Who directed the film The Ten Commandments?
(b) Cecil B. DeMille.
(c) Susan Silverman.
(d) Rob Reiner.
13. What did Foy Cheshire rename The Iceman Cometh?
(a) The Gangsta Cometh.
(b) The Ice-tea Cometh.
(c) The White-Man Cometh.
(d) The Dopeman Cometh.
14. Who is the only white teacher at the middle school where the narrator demonstrated castrating a calf?
(a) Mr. Edmunds.
(b) Mr. Wililams.
(c) Miss Smart.
(d) Mr. Jenkins.
15. The narrator describes himself in Chapter 18 as the Afrikaner parliamentarian in Johannesburg in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time each day on Monday through Friday would Hominy appear by the narrator's truck to segregate Dickens in Chapter 20?
2. In the narrator's fantasy in Chapter 17, who does he describe telling Marpessa, "When you see Bonbon, the Cosmic Sellout and your one true love, cast down your panties where you are" (209)?
3. Who is the City Match Consultant that called the narrator about his application with Dickens?
4. What is Foy Cheshire's definition of WME in Chapter 19?
5. What is describe as "the hillbilly neighborhood about ten miles north of Dickens" in Chapter 14 (180)?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)