|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the student that volunteered to help the narrator castrate a calf on Career Day?
(a) Jean Piaget.
(b) Susan Silverman.
(c) Curtis Baxter.
(d) Sheila Clark.
2. Where is the long-lost city of Dollersheim located?
3. Where does the narrator say he had to go in order to track down Cipriano "Candy" Marinez after he tried to flee his abusive family on horseback?
(a) Santa Monica.
(b) Hollywood Hills.
(c) Santa Maria.
(d) Panorama City.
4. What adjective from Chapter 16 means wicked or criminal?
5. Why does the narrator say he was struggling with growing potatoes in Chapter 18?
(a) The climate is too wet.
(b) The climate is too cold.
(c) The climate is too dry.
(d) The climate is too warm.
6. How much older is Nestor Lopez than the narrator?
(a) Ten years older.
(b) Two years older.
(c) Four years older.
(d) Three years older.
7. What character wrote the book Mick, Please: The Black Irish Journey from Ghetto to Gaelic?
(a) Foy Cheshire.
(b) Jean Piaget.
(c) King Cuz.
(d) Jon McJones.
8. What is described as the sister city to Tel Aviv in "City Lites, An Interlude"?
9. What is the name of Charisma Molina's mother?
(a) Anna Molina.
(b) Sally Molina.
(c) Maria Molina.
(d) Delores Molina.
10. What movie does the narrator describe starring Charlie Chaplin and Paulette Goddard in Chapter 14?
(a) Modern Times.
(b) Green Lantern.
(c) The Kid.
(d) The Great Dictator.
11. What is described as the sister city to Algiers in "City Lites, An Interlude"?
12. In the narrator's fantasy in Chapter 17, who does he describe telling Marpessa, "When you see Bonbon, the Cosmic Sellout and your one true love, cast down your panties where you are" (209)?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Malcolm X.
13. What does the narrator say the best apples taste like in Chapter 18?
14. To whom did the narrator give his last two satsuma mandarins in Chapter 15?
(b) King Cuz.
(c) Sheila Clark.
15. What did Foy Cheshire retitle The Great Gatsby as?
(a) The Great Blacksby.
(b) The Great Contraption.
(c) The Great Gary.
(d) The Great Emancipation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time each day on Monday through Friday would Hominy appear by the narrator's truck to segregate Dickens in Chapter 20?
2. Who are the three powerful and famous African-Americans that appeared at the meeting of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals in Chapter 19?
3. What is the name of the fake school that the narrator has "erected" in Dickens?
4. What word from Chapter 18 refers to a tomblike monument to someone buried elsewhere?
5. How many times does the narrator say he has experienced direct discrimination based on race in Chapter 13?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)