|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Californian fast food chain does the narrator describe newcomers being fascinated with in Chapter 9?
(a) In-N-Out Burger.
(b) Rob Roy Burger.
(d) Five Guys Burgers.
2. What does the narrator lay out the three basic laws of in the opening of Chapter 3?
(a) Ghetto physics.
(b) Racial interactions.
(c) Court appearances.
3. What word from the novel refers to something formed of a single large block of stone?
4. What did Darla Hood die from in reality, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
5. The narrator states in Chapter 7 that "One of the many sad ironies of African-American life is that every banal dysfunctional social gathering is called" what (93-94)?
(a) "A pot-luck."
(b) "A gathering."
(c) "A get-together."
(d) "A 'function'."
6. What word from Chapter 7 refers to the supernatural transformation of a person into a wolf?
7. What is Hampton Fiske's 800 number?
8. Of "Little Scotty Beckett," the narrator says, "Scotty was a big-eyed Rascal who used to run with" whom, in Chapter 6 (84)?
(b) Fat Albet.
9. What is Hominy's last name?
10. For what musician does the narrator claim to have a strange affinity in Chapter 1?
(a) The Who.
(b) The Beegees.
(c) Neil Young.
(d) Michael Jackson.
11. What word from the Prologue refers to the theory or philosophy of law?
12. What word from Chapter 6 refers to a historical clerk, scribe, or notary?
13. The narrator describes himself in the Prologue as a "not-so-proud descendant of" the Mees located where (20)?
14. How old was the narrator when he wrote his first scientific paper called "Passenger Seating Tendencies by Race and Gender"?
15. How is "ABD" defined by the narrator's father in Chapter 1 (36-37)?
(a) "All Bewarned and Die."
(b) "All But Defeated."
(c) "All But Dead."
(d) "American Board of Dentists."
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the narrator say he was called after a spelling bee when he was eleven?
2. On what date was the narrator summoned to appear at the U. S. Supreme court building in the Prologue?
3. To what Shakespearean play does the narrator compare the Little Rascals in Chapter 6?
4. At what time does the narrator say that Hominy would show up for work each day in Chapter 6?
5. The narrator states in the Prologue, "This may be hard to believe, coming from a black man, but I've never" what (3)?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)