|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator states in the Prologue, "Be it ancient Rome or modern-day America, you're either citizen or" what (5)?
2. What does "RTD" stand for (118)?
(a) Rapid Transit District.
(b) Railway Transport Department.
(c) Road Transfer Division.
(d) Road Transportation Department.
3. What does the narrator say "ain't easy" just like "pimpin' ain't easy" in the opening of Chapter 6 (80)?
(a) "Calling home."
(b) "Burying people."
(c) "Runnin' a gang."
4. The narrator states in the Prologue, "This may be hard to believe, coming from a black man, but I've never" what (3)?
(a) "Been in jail."
(b) "Killed anyone."
(c) "Gone fishing."
(d) "Stolen anything."
5. What is the case number for "Me v. the United States of America" (20)?
6. What is the name of the social psychology bible that the narrator's father took with him to talk down folks in his town?
(a) The Path to Enlightenment.
(b) The Planning of Change.
(c) The Faith and the Fury.
(d) The Blue Future of Life.
7. The narrator describes himself in the Prologue as a "not-so-proud descendant of" the Mees located where (20)?
8. In what key does the narrator say his father spoke in Chapter 1?
9. With what Kafka novel does the narrator describe Mapessa covering her face in Chapter 9?
(a) The Trial.
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) The Stranger.
10. One member of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals discusses his children being assigned what novel to read in school in Chapter 7?
(a) Anne of Green Gables.
(b) The Sun Also Rises.
(c) To Have and Have Not.
(d) Huckleberry Finn.
11. Who wrote All Quiet on the Western Front?
(a) Jean Genet.
(b) Jean Piaget.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Erich Maria Remarque.
12. Of "Little Scotty Beckett," the narrator says, "Scotty was a big-eyed Rascal who used to run with" whom, in Chapter 6 (84)?
(c) Fat Albet.
13. What word from the Prologue refers to the theory or philosophy of law?
14. How old was Alfalfa when he was shot in the face?
15. How old was Wheezer when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does the narrator say he was called after a spelling bee when he was eleven?
2. Who did Hominy claim was "the original Little Rascal" (86)?
3. Who does the narrator refer to as the "Mother of the Modern-Day Civil Rights Movement" in Chapter 10 (127)?
4. Where does the narrator say his car is parked in the Prologue?
5. The narrator describes the black Justice as looking at him with "that crazy, red-eyed penetrating look that back home we call" what (22)?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)