|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the BDSM club on the Westside where the narrator contracted to dole out Hominy's punishments for him?
(a) The Black Cat.
(b) The Hot Kitchen.
(c) The Devil's Den.
(d) Sticks and Stones.
2. What word from Chapter 6 refers to a historical clerk, scribe, or notary?
3. For what college was the narrator's father the interim dean?
(a) South Los Angeles Community College.
(b) Citrus Heights Community College.
(c) Hollywood Hills Community College.
(d) West Riverside Community College.
4. At what time does the narrator say that Hominy would show up for work each day in Chapter 6?
(a) 12:00 - 12:15 p.m.
(b) 1:00 - 1:15 p.m.
(c) 2:00 - 2:15 p.m.
(d) 3:00 - 3:15 p.m.
5. What does the narrator describe as Hominy's favorite room at the BDSM club in Chapter 6?
(a) The Red Room.
(b) The Bastille Room.
(c) The Black Chamber.
(d) The Blue Room.
6. The narrator states in Chapter 7 that "One of the many sad ironies of African-American life is that every banal dysfunctional social gathering is called" what (93-94)?
(a) "A gathering."
(b) "A pot-luck."
(c) "A 'function'."
(d) "A get-together."
7. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
(a) Citrus Heights.
8. What does the narrator say Hominy's work mostly consisted of in Chapter 6 (82)?
(a) "Watching me work."
(b) "Washing my car."
(c) "Harvesting corn and potatoes."
(d) "Picking cotton."
9. Whose theory of cognitive development is cited in Chapter 1?
(a) James White.
(b) Jean Piaget.
(c) Robert Forster.
(d) Jean Genet.
10. Who wrote All Quiet on the Western Front?
(a) Jean Genet.
(b) Erich Maria Remarque.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) Jean Piaget.
11. What does the narrator claim is the "calling card of the Chickasaw nation" (10)?
(a) "The Water Whisperers."
(b) "Unconquered and Unconquerable."
(c) "In Tune with Earth and Skies."
(d) "Above and Beyond."
12. What was the hero of the one comic book that the narrator ever owned?
(d) Green Lantern.
13. The narrator states in the Prologue, "This may be hard to believe, coming from a black man, but I've never" what (3)?
(a) "Been in jail."
(b) "Killed anyone."
(c) "Stolen anything."
(d) "Gone fishing."
14. How old was Wheezer when he died?
15. What word from the Prologue refers to the theory or philosophy of law?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Darla Hood die from in reality, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
2. What is the name of the social psychology bible that the narrator's father took with him to talk down folks in his town?
3. Who does the narrator refer to as the "Mother of the Modern-Day Civil Rights Movement" in Chapter 10 (127)?
4. How much money does the narrator say he spent on his suit in the Prologue?
5. What word from Chapter 7 refers to the supernatural transformation of a person into a wolf?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)