|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that L.A. is about in Chapter 9?
2. The narrator states in Chapter 7 that "One of the many sad ironies of African-American life is that every banal dysfunctional social gathering is called" what (93-94)?
(a) "A get-together."
(b) "A pot-luck."
(c) "A 'function'."
(d) "A gathering."
3. When was the town where the narrator grew up founded?
4. At what time does the narrator say that Hominy would show up for work each day in Chapter 6?
(a) 12:00 - 12:15 p.m.
(b) 1:00 - 1:15 p.m.
(c) 3:00 - 3:15 p.m.
(d) 2:00 - 2:15 p.m.
5. What word from the novel refers to something formed of a single large block of stone?
6. What date did the narrator use on his emancipation of Hominy in Chapter 6?
(a) May 13, 1832.
(b) October 17, 1838.
(c) June 17, 1859.
(d) May 12, 1965.
7. The narrator asserts in Chapter 7 that Foy Cheshire's ownership of the most racist Little Rascal films is what?
(a) An honest truth.
(b) A bald-faced lie.
(c) Urban legend.
(d) A conspiracy.
8. What is the name of the BDSM club on the Westside where the narrator contracted to dole out Hominy's punishments for him?
(a) The Black Cat.
(b) The Hot Kitchen.
(c) Sticks and Stones.
(d) The Devil's Den.
9. Who killed the narrator's father?
(a) The police.
(b) His brother.
10. How does the narrator describe the current state of the Union in the Prologue?
(a) An unwavering democracy.
(b) A romantic failure.
(c) A dysfunctional plutocracy.
(d) An egalitarian empire.
11. Who did Hominy claim was "the original Little Rascal" (86)?
(a) Sunshine Sammy.
12. The narrator states in the Prologue, "Be it ancient Rome or modern-day America, you're either citizen or" what (5)?
13. What word from Chapter 7 refers to the supernatural transformation of a person into a wolf?
14. How old was the narrator when he wrote his first scientific paper called "Passenger Seating Tendencies by Race and Gender"?
15. What does the narrator say "ain't easy" just like "pimpin' ain't easy" in the opening of Chapter 6 (80)?
(a) "Burying people."
(c) "Runnin' a gang."
(d) "Calling home."
Short Answer Questions
1. For what musician does the narrator claim to have a strange affinity in Chapter 1?
2. What is King Cuz's real name?
3. What does the narrator claim is the "black workingman's motto" in the Prologue (20)?
4. What single phrase comprises Chapter 2?
5. Whom does the narrator describe in Chapter 1 as "the bitch next door and my only true love" during his childhood?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)