|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say "ain't easy" just like "pimpin' ain't easy" in the opening of Chapter 6 (80)?
(a) "Runnin' a gang."
(b) "Burying people."
(c) "Calling home."
2. The narrator describes himself in the Prologue as a "not-so-proud descendant of" the Mees located where (20)?
3. What word from Chapter 7 refers to the supernatural transformation of a person into a wolf?
4. At what time does the narrator say he was summoned to appear in court for his hearing in the Prologue?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 9:00 a.m.
(c) 11:00 a.m.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
5. The narrator asserts in Chapter 7 that Foy Cheshire's ownership of the most racist Little Rascal films is what?
(a) A conspiracy.
(b) An honest truth.
(c) A bald-faced lie.
(d) Urban legend.
6. How did Pete the Pup die?
(b) He swallowed an alarm clock.
(c) He choked on a bottle lid.
(d) Brain aneuryism.
7. For how long did the faked contract read that Hominy had been the narrator's slave when he was emancipated?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Six years.
(d) Two weeks.
8. Whom does the narrator describe in Chapter 1 as "the bitch next door and my only true love" during his childhood?
(a) Charisma Molina.
(b) Angela Dean Patterson.
(c) Marpessa Delissa Dawson.
(d) Emily Williams.
9. Where does the narrator say his car is parked in the Prologue?
(a) On Rockefeller Street.
(b) On Constitution Avenue.
(c) On Roosevelt Avenue.
(d) On the Avenue of America.
10. With what Kafka novel does the narrator describe Mapessa covering her face in Chapter 9?
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) The Trial.
(c) To Have and Have Not.
(d) The Stranger.
11. How much money does the narrator say he spent on his suit in the Prologue?
12. What did Darla Hood die from in reality, according to the narrator in Chapter 6?
13. How is "ABD" defined by the narrator's father in Chapter 1 (36-37)?
(a) "All Bewarned and Die."
(b) "All But Dead."
(c) "American Board of Dentists."
(d) "All But Defeated."
14. Whose theory of cognitive development is cited in Chapter 1?
(a) James White.
(b) Robert Forster.
(c) Jean Genet.
(d) Jean Piaget.
15. What is Hominy's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what college was the narrator's father the interim dean?
2. To what Shakespearean play does the narrator compare the Little Rascals in Chapter 6?
3. How large does the narrator say Los Angeles County is?
4. Who did Hominy claim was "the original Little Rascal" (86)?
5. What is King Cuz's real name?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)