|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who directed the film The Ten Commandments?
(b) Cecil B. DeMille.
(c) Rob Reiner.
(d) Susan Silverman.
2. What does the narrator say that L.A. is about in Chapter 9?
3. When was the town where the narrator grew up founded?
4. Who are the three powerful and famous African-Americans that appeared at the meeting of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals in Chapter 19?
(a) Bill Cosby, Condoleeza Rice, and Colin Powell.
(b) Booker T. Washington, Malcolm X, and Martin Luther King, Jr.
(c) Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, and Malcolm X.
(d) Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, and Colin Powell.
5. To what Shakespearean play does the narrator compare the Little Rascals in Chapter 6?
(a) The Taming of the Shrew.
(c) All's Well that Ends Well.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator asserts in Chapter 18 that "the university apple orchards in Geneva, New York, are to the black market apple trade what Medellin, Columbia, is to" what (212)?
2. What verb in Chapter 19 means to dispute the truth, validity, or honesty of a statement or thing?
3. What is the name of the BDSM club on the Westside where the narrator contracted to dole out Hominy's punishments for him?
4. How does the narrator translate "Cogito, ergo Boogieum" to English in Chapter 14 (183)?
5. What latest public-access show of Foy Cheshire's had just been cancelled in Chapter 19?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)