|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hero of the one comic book that the narrator ever owned?
(d) Green Lantern.
2. What does the narrator say is the "beauty of minstrelsy" in Chapter 15 (188)?
(a) Its irony.
(b) Its satire.
(c) Its overt racism.
(d) Its timelessness.
3. What was the latest of Foy Cheshire's novel adaptations that he passed around at the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals meeting in Chapter 19?
(a) The Mob Gang.
(b) The Dopeman Cometh.
(c) The Adventures of Tom Soarer.
(d) The Cat and the Cancer.
4. What word in Chapter 19 refers to a thick stick of blackthorn or oak used in Ireland as a weapon?
5. What word from the novel refers to something formed of a single large block of stone?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the West African nation of Ghana declare independence?
2. Where was Oscar Zocalo lab partners with the narrator?
3. What word from the Prologue refers to the theory or philosophy of law?
4. Who is the student that volunteered to help the narrator castrate a calf on Career Day?
5. Who killed the narrator's father?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)