|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 – 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One member of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals discusses his children being assigned what novel to read in school in Chapter 7?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) Huckleberry Finn.
(c) Anne of Green Gables.
(d) The Sun Also Rises.
2. At what time does the narrator say that Hominy would show up for work each day in Chapter 6?
(a) 2:00 - 2:15 p.m.
(b) 3:00 - 3:15 p.m.
(c) 12:00 - 12:15 p.m.
(d) 1:00 - 1:15 p.m.
3. How much money does the narrator say he spent on his suit in the Prologue?
4. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
(a) Citrus Heights.
5. What does "RTD" stand for (118)?
(a) Road Transfer Division.
(b) Railway Transport Department.
(c) Rapid Transit District.
(d) Road Transportation Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does the narrator say he was summoned to appear in court for his hearing in the Prologue?
2. How many students were in the narrator's graduating class in high school?
3. What does the narrator lay out the three basic laws of in the opening of Chapter 3?
4. The narrator states in the Prologue, "Be it ancient Rome or modern-day America, you're either citizen or" what (5)?
5. What word used in the Prologue is an adjective describing a person who is optimistic regardless of the circumstances?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)