|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 – 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator claim is the "black workingman's motto" in the Prologue (20)?
(a) "Harder and faster."
(b) "Work buys freedom."
(c) "Out of sight, out of mind."
(d) "The cream rises to the top."
2. How old was Wheezer when he died?
3. In what key does the narrator say his father spoke in Chapter 1?
4. How is "ABD" defined by the narrator's father in Chapter 1 (36-37)?
(a) "All But Dead."
(b) "All But Defeated."
(c) "All Bewarned and Die."
(d) "American Board of Dentists."
5. For whom did Chubsy-Ubsy have an unrequited love?
(a) Miss Darla.
(b) Miss Constance.
(c) Miss Crabtree.
(d) Miss Anna Marie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
2. With what Kafka novel does the narrator describe Mapessa covering her face in Chapter 9?
3. How many students were in the narrator's graduating class in high school?
4. When did the West African nation of Ghana declare independence?
5. Whom does the narrator describe in Chapter 1 as "the bitch next door and my only true love" during his childhood?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)