|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 – 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Chubsy-Ubsy have an unrequited love?
(a) Miss Constance.
(b) Miss Darla.
(c) Miss Crabtree.
(d) Miss Anna Marie.
2. What is Hominy's last name?
3. For what musician does the narrator claim to have a strange affinity in Chapter 1?
(a) Neil Young.
(b) The Beegees.
(c) Michael Jackson.
(d) The Who.
4. What word from the novel refers to something formed of a single large block of stone?
5. The narrator states in the Prologue, "I understand now that the only time black people don't feel guilty is when" what (18)?
(a) "We've been falsely accused of a crime."
(b) "We've been oppressed."
(c) "We've actually done something wrong."
(d) "We have paid our debts to society."
Short Answer Questions
1. How large does the narrator say Los Angeles County is?
2. What word from the Prologue refers to the theory or philosophy of law?
3. In Chapter 9, the narrator says that "history isn't the paper it's printed on" (144). What does he assert history is instead?
4. What does "RTD" stand for (118)?
5. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)