|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6 – 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hampton Fiske's 800 number?
2. With what Kafka novel does the narrator describe Mapessa covering her face in Chapter 9?
(a) The Stranger.
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) Waiting for Godot.
(d) The Trial.
3. How did Pete the Pup die?
(a) He choked on a bottle lid.
(b) He swallowed an alarm clock.
(c) Brain aneuryism.
4. What does the narrator say that L.A. is about in Chapter 9?
5. Whose murder in 1964 launched interest and experiments in the bystander effect?
(a) Sarah Greenway's.
(b) Paul Wilkinson's.
(c) Patricia Smith's.
(d) Kitty Genovese's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator describe in Chapter 1 as "the bitch next door and my only true love" during his childhood?
2. The narrator describes the black Justice as looking at him with "that crazy, red-eyed penetrating look that back home we call" what (22)?
3. What Californian fast food chain does the narrator describe newcomers being fascinated with in Chapter 9?
4. What date did the narrator use on his emancipation of Hominy in Chapter 6?
5. How old was Alfalfa when he was shot in the face?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)