|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue – Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
(d) Citrus Heights.
2. What does the narrator claim is the "black workingman's motto" in the Prologue (20)?
(a) "The cream rises to the top."
(b) "Out of sight, out of mind."
(c) "Work buys freedom."
(d) "Harder and faster."
3. What word from the Prologue refers to the theory or philosophy of law?
4. When did the West African nation of Ghana declare independence?
5. Whose murder in 1964 launched interest and experiments in the bystander effect?
(a) Paul Wilkinson's.
(b) Kitty Genovese's.
(c) Sarah Greenway's.
(d) Patricia Smith's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator claim is the "calling card of the Chickasaw nation" (10)?
2. Who killed the narrator's father?
3. The narrator describes himself in the Prologue as a "not-so-proud descendant of" the Mees located where (20)?
4. Whom does the narrator describe in Chapter 1 as "the bitch next door and my only true love" during his childhood?
5. How does the narrator describe the closing of the letter that summoned him to the Supreme Court in the Prologue?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)