|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue – Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ghetto community on the southern outskirts of Los Angeles where the narrator grew up?
(d) Citrus Heights.
2. For what musician does the narrator claim to have a strange affinity in Chapter 1?
(a) Michael Jackson.
(b) Neil Young.
(c) The Who.
(d) The Beegees.
3. What does the narrator claim to listen to recordings of when he has trouble sleeping in Chapter 1?
(a) Sheep baa-ing.
(b) The Watergate tapes.
(c) Ocean waves.
(d) Slot machines playing.
4. How much money does the narrator say he spent on his suit in the Prologue?
5. How does the narrator describe the hairstyles of the Justices when they enter the courtroom in the Prologue (19)?
(a) "Eisenhower-era hairstyles."
(b) "Reagan-era hairstyles."
(c) "Powdered-wig hairstyles."
(d) "Nixon-era hairstyles."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the current state of the Union in the Prologue?
2. The narrator states in the Prologue, "I understand now that the only time black people don't feel guilty is when" what (18)?
3. For what college was the narrator's father the interim dean?
4. The narrator states in the Prologue, "Be it ancient Rome or modern-day America, you're either citizen or" what (5)?
5. What is the name of the social psychology bible that the narrator's father took with him to talk down folks in his town?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)