|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many people were at the meeting of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals that the narrator describes in Chapter 19?
2. At what time does the narrator say that Hominy would show up for work each day in Chapter 6?
(a) 12:00 - 12:15 p.m.
(b) 2:00 - 2:15 p.m.
(c) 1:00 - 1:15 p.m.
(d) 3:00 - 3:15 p.m.
3. In Chapter 9, the narrator says that "history isn't the paper it's printed on" (144). What does he assert history is instead?
(b) Time's passing.
(c) A dream.
(d) A people.
4. In the narrator's fantasy in Chapter 17, who does he describe telling Marpessa, "When you see Bonbon, the Cosmic Sellout and your one true love, cast down your panties where you are" (209)?
(a) Booker T. Washington.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Malcolm X.
5. Who directed the film The Ten Commandments?
(a) Cecil B. DeMille.
(c) Susan Silverman.
(d) Rob Reiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from Chapter 7 refers to the supernatural transformation of a person into a wolf?
2. What is described as the sister city to Algiers in "City Lites, An Interlude"?
3. What is the area of Harlem paired with by City Match?
4. What does the narrator say brought all the children of the neighborhood to his yard in Chapter 15?
5. What date did the narrator use on his emancipation of Hominy in Chapter 6?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)