|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the best apples taste like in Chapter 18?
2. What does the narrator say is the "beauty of minstrelsy" in Chapter 15 (188)?
(a) Its satire.
(b) Its timelessness.
(c) Its overt racism.
(d) Its irony.
3. What is the name of the fake school that the narrator has "erected" in Dickens?
(a) The Wilson Academy.
(b) The Wheaton Academy.
(c) The Roosevelt Academy.
(d) The Carlton Academy.
4. When was the movie set for The Ten Commandments buried under the Nipomo Dunes?
5. What character wrote the book Mick, Please: The Black Irish Journey from Ghetto to Gaelic?
(a) King Cuz.
(b) Jon McJones.
(c) Jean Piaget.
(d) Foy Cheshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Foy Cheshire's definition of WME in Chapter 19?
2. What is described as the sister city to Tel Aviv in "City Lites, An Interlude"?
3. How large does the narrator say Los Angeles County is?
4. Who did Hominy claim was "the original Little Rascal" (86)?
5. Where does the narrator say he had to go in order to track down Cipriano "Candy" Marinez after he tried to flee his abusive family on horseback?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)