|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 – 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say he was struggling with growing potatoes in Chapter 18?
(a) The climate is too wet.
(b) The climate is too dry.
(c) The climate is too warm.
(d) The climate is too cold.
2. What does the narrator say Hominy's work mostly consisted of in Chapter 6 (82)?
(a) "Washing my car."
(b) "Harvesting corn and potatoes."
(c) "Watching me work."
(d) "Picking cotton."
3. What does the narrator say is the "beauty of minstrelsy" in Chapter 15 (188)?
(a) Its overt racism.
(b) Its satire.
(c) Its timelessness.
(d) Its irony.
4. Because of Marpessa's schedule and her kids, she and the narrator could only date on what nights of the week when they rekindled their flame in Chapter 17?
(a) Saturdays and Sundays.
(b) Thursdays and Fridays.
(c) Mondays and Tuesdays.
(d) Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
5. How many times does the narrator say he has experienced direct discrimination based on race in Chapter 13?
(c) Five times.
(d) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What diagnosis did Marpessa determine for the narrator when he was 18?
2. Who is the dominatrix that Hominy frequented at the BDSM club?
3. Who are the three powerful and famous African-Americans that appeared at the meeting of the Dum Dum Donut Intellectuals in Chapter 19?
4. What movie does the narrator describe starring Charlie Chaplin and Paulette Goddard in Chapter 14?
5. What does the narrator say has more "motion of the ocean" than him in Chapter 17 (201)?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)