|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the science fiction story Dawkins cites, what do the instructions make?
(a) A time travel machine.
(b) An energy generator.
(c) A computer.
(d) A space ship.
2. What apparently selfish act of the penguin does the author describe?
(a) Shoving each other to see who will fall off a cliff.
(b) Hiding behind other penguins when a predator is spotted.
(c) Stealing other penguins' eggs.
(d) Stealing food from a baby penguin's mouth.
3. What apparently selfish act of the praying mantis does the author describe?
(a) A female eating her mate.
(b) Fighting over an aphid colony.
(c) Leading another mantis into a spider's web.
(d) Injuring another mantis that enters a claimed territory.
4. What is the name of the bee disease that Dawkins mentions in his example?
(a) Chalk brood.
(b) Stone brood.
(c) Foul brood.
(d) Sac brood.
5. What almost always happens when copies of things are made, according to Dawkins?
(a) An overabundance of copies.
(b) Confusion between copies and originals.
(c) Mistakes in the copies.
(d) Conflict between the copies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dawkins say that evolution is about?
2. What does the author compare nerves to?
3. What does the Watt Governor machine regulate?
4. What example of the type of valued human behavior that perhaps influences people to believe in group selection does Dawkins give?
5. What does Dawkins call the molecule that he imagines as the first molecule to make copies of itself?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)