|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edward pretend to be?
2. Who shows up to accompany Cordelia?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) A man.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A servant.
3. On the twelfth, Johannes discovers the glory of having a young girl come upon you when?
(a) In the rain.
(b) In the store.
(c) In the park.
(d) In the library.
4. The man points out that the work is a diary fully of what?
5. Johannes sees Cordelia but doesn't talk to her, instead speaking with whom in front of her?
(a) The servants.
(b) Mr. Baxter.
(c) Aunt Jansen.
6. Johannes cannot make up his mind about how to ___________________ her.
(d) Speak to.
7. On the twenty-seventh what has Johannes decided about Cordelia?
(a) She is an isolated person.
(b) She is a shy person.
(c) She is a curious person.
(d) She is an intelligent person.
8. When Johannes and Edward come for a visit, Johannes talks about interesting things but nothing that will indicate his interest in Cordelia. What does he let Edward do?
(a) Wait on him.
(b) Write his letters to Cordelia.
(c) Pursue Cordelia.
(d) Wait with the carriage.
9. Johannes proclaims that limiting one's self is the precondition of what?
(a) Enjoying things.
10. He writes in the first person and expresses deep _______________ at finding the work that is about to begin and the sultry details within it.
11. When Johannes went after Cordelia, what happened?
(a) He tripped and lost sight of her.
(b) He called her name and she ignored him.
(c) He bumped into another woman and lost sight of her.
(d) She hurried away from him.
12. Why does Cordelia stop looking for these people?
(a) She bores of looking for them.
(b) She cannot find them.
(c) She finds Johannes.
(d) She decides to go home.
13. Johannes speaks to Cordelia after seeing her pass by a ________ time.
14. From here, what must be understood?
(a) Johannes is Edward and Cordelia Wahl is Kierkegaard's sister.
(b) Johannes is Johannes and Cordelia Wahl is Cordelia Wahl.
(c) Johannes is Kierkegaard and Cordelia Wahl is the real Cordelia.
(d) Johannes is Kierkegaard and Cordelia Wahl is his sister.
15. Whose story comprises most of the diary?
(c) The girl's.
(d) The narrator's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johannes notes that he has heard her say that she will be at the exhibition on Monday at 1 p.m., so he decides to arrive when?
2. He is her _____________ for eternity.
3. Does Johannes believe that it is within his power to plot Cordelia's psyche?
4. Why does Johannes wonder if this has happened to him?
5. Where does Johannes tell Cordelia her family might be?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)