|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cordelia stop looking for these people?
(a) She finds Johannes.
(b) She cannot find them.
(c) She decides to go home.
(d) She bores of looking for them.
2. What does Cordelia call him?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her fiance.
(d) Her seducer.
3. Does Johannes believe Cordelia has been in love?
4. Johannes notices that eventually Cordelia stops looking for ______________.
(b) Her family.
(c) A man.
5. Johannes points out that he has learned what for new women?
(a) New flattering phrases.
(b) New songs.
(c) New poems.
(d) New skills.
6. Where does Johannes tell Cordelia her family might be?
(a) Out of town.
(b) At home.
(c) Still in their carriage.
(d) In a room of which she is unaware.
7. Johannes notes that he has heard her say that she will be at the exhibition on Monday at 1 p.m., so he decides to arrive when?
(a) 30 minutes earlier.
(b) 15 minutes earlier.
(c) 15 minutes later.
(d) 30 minutes later.
8. Johannes desperately wants to learn more about Cordelia but must control himself for what reason?
(a) He does not want to scare her.
(b) To enjoy the emotion and sweetness of desire.
(c) He often gets out of control.
(d) He does not want to fall in love with her.
9. The book opens with a man who has found a collection of essays where in Kierkegaard's house?
(a) In a locked drawer.
(b) On a bookshelf.
(c) In a notebook.
(d) In his closet.
10. Who shows up to accompany Cordelia?
(a) A servant.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A man.
11. Why does the author want to do the answer to number 15?
(a) So Cordelia will take him back after their break-up.
(b) So Cordelia can get over him after their engagement is broken off.
(c) So Cordelia will never get over him.
(d) So Cordelia will never love another.
12. When Johannes and Edward come for a visit, Johannes talks about interesting things but nothing that will indicate his interest in Cordelia. What does he let Edward do?
(a) Pursue Cordelia.
(b) Wait on him.
(c) Wait with the carriage.
(d) Write his letters to Cordelia.
13. Was life stimulating enough for Kierkegaard?
(a) Some of the time.
(c) Most of the time.
14. Whose story comprises most of the diary?
(a) The narrator's.
(b) The girl's.
15. He is her _____________ for eternity.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Johannes getting in good?
2. When is Johannes willing to modify himself?
3. What does the author plan to do regarding the answer to number 14?
4. On what does Cordelia begin to focus?
5. Where did this encounter take place?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)