|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In fact, the point of The Seducer's Diary is for Kierkegaard to paint a portrait of himself to _______________ his real life love, Cordelia.
(a) Reveal himself to.
(c) Open up to.
2. Johannes saw Cordelia alone and ________________________.
3. When did this event occur?
(a) At half past five.
(b) At half past six.
(c) At half past three.
(d) At half past four.
4. Where did this encounter take place?
(a) At her home.
(b) Outside Johannes' home.
(c) On the path between NÃ¸rreport and Ã˜sterport.
(d) In the library.
5. Johannes speaks to Cordelia after seeing her pass by a ________ time.
6. Johannes looks forward - intensely - to their rendezvous, and sees a rendezvous as what?
(a) A decisive moment for lovers.
(b) A beautiful moment for lovers.
(c) A secret moment for lovers.
(d) An anxious moment for lovers.
7. Does Johannes regard this man as a serious competitor?
(a) Only at first.
(b) Only much later.
8. Johannes is intent on inquiring more into who Cordelia is but worries about what?
(a) He will discover she is not wealthy.
(b) He will discover she is engaged.
(c) He will discover he does not love her.
(d) He will discover she is married.
9. Johannes wonders whether Cordelia's ______________________ will reflect itself reliably in her behavior.
10. Of what can Johannes not bear about himself?
(a) The inaccuracy of his eyes.
(b) The inaccuracy of his health.
(c) The inaccuracy of his voice.
(d) The inaccuracy of his ears.
11. On the twenty-second, where does Johannes see Cordelia?
(a) At the store.
(b) At Mrs. Jansen's.
(c) In the park.
(d) At the library.
12. Other girls delight in Johannes. Is he interested in them?
13. Why does Johannes decide to befriend Edward?
(a) To keep him away from Cordelia.
(b) To get closer to Cordelia.
(c) To convince him to leave Cordelia alone.
(d) To learn the relationship between this man and Cordelia.
14. He observes what in her eyes?
(b) The light shining.
15. Was life stimulating enough for Kierkegaard?
(b) Most of the time.
(c) Some of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johannes advise Edward to rely on him?
2. What does Johannes realize about his conception of Cordelia?
3. Johannes sees Cordelia but doesn't talk to her, instead speaking with whom in front of her?
4. The man notes that Kierkegaard broke off the engagement despite what?
5. With whom is Johannes getting in good?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)