|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the man believe that Kierkegaard intended to lead Cordelia astray?
(c) Most likely.
2. Johannes watches Cordelia's servant and is happy about what?
(a) The servant is a woman.
(b) She is wealthy enough to have a servant.
(c) The servant is a strong man.
(d) She is not walking alone.
3. Johahnes is deeply ___________.
4. Johannes speaks to Cordelia after seeing her pass by a ________ time.
5. Why does Edward pretend to be this way?
(a) To not attract anyone's attention.
(b) To try to attract Cordelia's attention.
(c) To give him time to learn from Johannes.
(d) To try not to arouse suspicion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kierkegaard appears interested in using the diary to paint himself as what?
2. Johannes is determined to bring her to love him by doing what?
3. Johannes then continues to describe Cordelia, with remarks like "Her countenance is like a fruit" and "Her head is a ___________ head."
4. Johannes writes Cordelia a letter about how they should overcome their fears and do what?
5. Why does Johannes believe Cordelia both hates and fears him?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)