|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through August Part I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johannes discusses his thoughts at seeing Cordelia step out of a carriage, which he notes is a '____________ step.'
2. Johannes watches Cordelia's servant and is happy about what?
(a) She is not walking alone.
(b) She is wealthy enough to have a servant.
(c) The servant is a woman.
(d) The servant is a strong man.
3. When Johannes and Edward come for a visit, Johannes talks about interesting things but nothing that will indicate his interest in Cordelia. What does he let Edward do?
(a) Wait with the carriage.
(b) Wait on him.
(c) Write his letters to Cordelia.
(d) Pursue Cordelia.
4. Johannes only gives her part of the attention she desires in order to do what?
(a) Decide how he feels about her.
(b) Drive her crazy.
(c) Test her.
(d) Give him time to work on the next step of his plan.
5. Why does Johannes advise Edward to rely on him?
(a) To show him how to impress a woman.
(b) To show him how to attract Cordelia.
(c) To show him how to interact with others.
(d) To show him how to get a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johannes is intent on inquiring more into who Cordelia is but worries about what?
2. Was Cordelia hurt by this?
3. On the ninth, Johannes wonders if he has become _________________.
4. The man notes that Kierkegaard broke off the engagement despite what?
5. What does Johannes consider between Edward and Cordelia but changes his mind because it would diminish her?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)