|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kierkegaard appears interested in using the diary to paint himself as what?
(a) A foe.
(b) A friend.
(c) A good husband.
(d) A seducer.
2. Johannes notes that women should become self-sufficient in their use to do what?
(a) Make good wives.
(b) Become well-educated.
(c) Take financial pressure off their parents.
(d) Make good mothers.
3. What has still not happened by the twenty-first?
(a) Johannes has not decided to seduce Cordelia.
(b) Johannes has still not fallen for Cordelia.
(c) Johannes has still made no headway with Cordelia.
(d) Cordelia has not stopped loving Johannes.
4. In the first letter, Cordelia notes that Johannes has never really been what?
(b) In love.
5. In fact, the point of The Seducer's Diary is for Kierkegaard to paint a portrait of himself to _______________ his real life love, Cordelia.
(a) Reveal himself to.
(c) Open up to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cordelia live with her aunt?
2. Johannes wonders why nothing corrupts young women more than spending time with whom?
3. Other girls delight in Johannes. Is he interested in them?
4. When did this event occur?
5. Johannes looks forward - intensely - to their rendezvous, and sees a rendezvous as what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)