|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through May.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Johannes went after Cordelia, what happened?
(a) He tripped and lost sight of her.
(b) She hurried away from him.
(c) He called her name and she ignored him.
(d) He bumped into another woman and lost sight of her.
2. In the first letter, Cordelia notes that Johannes has never really been what?
(b) In love.
3. Why does Johannes wonder if this has happened to him?
(a) He cannot speak Cordelia's name.
(b) He cannot recall Cordelia's name.
(c) He cannot hear Cordelia's voice.
(d) He cannot recall Cordelia's image.
4. Johannes discusses his thoughts at seeing Cordelia step out of a carriage, which he notes is a '____________ step.'
5. In the second letter, Cordelia tells a story of whom?
(a) A rich man and a rich maiden.
(b) A poor man and a poor maiden.
(c) A rich man and a poor maiden.
(d) A poor man and a rich maiden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cordelia live with her aunt?
2. Johannes watches Cordelia's servant and is happy about what?
3. The book opens with a man who has found a collection of essays where in Kierkegaard's house?
4. It should be noted at this point that Kierkegaard is the author writing from the perspective of a man who has come upon the letters of a man named Johannes, who Kierkegaard intends to represent who?
5. How did Cordelia act around Johannes when she was introduced to him?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)