|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the largest optical telescope in Hawaii?
2. Where did Pila's group hold a secret meeting on January 16, 1992 when they decided that personal and mental bondage energies had to end?
3. What secret order did the Angel Lady become a member of?
4. The Hawaiian belief is that each person is born with a bowl of what?
5. What is the name for a temple in which to treat the sick in Hawaiian?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Hawaiian legend say will happen to the Old Ones one day?
2. When does Pila claim people began pouring into Hawaii in Chapter 14?
3. What are the three parts of the human psyche, as explained in Chapter 12? How are they implemented along with manna?
4. How does Pila recommend traveling while in Hawaii? Where does he suggest one go first?
5. What are heiaus?
6. What is Saddle Road?
7. How does Pila advise the traveler to seek heiaus in Chapter 8?
8. What is the understanding the individual is to gain from connecting to manna? How does this happen?
9. What psychic does Pila describe in Chapter 11? Where did they meet?
10. What conflicts does Pila face in his life in Chapter 11? What encounter does he find?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the foods of Hawaii. What traditions of cooking and celebration are detailed in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Define and describe the following terms from the text: Huna, Kahuna, Calabash, and Manna. How do each relate to the other?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Angel Lady. What connection does she have to Pila? What books did she write?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)