|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pila describe as a combination of psychology and metaphysics and has also come to mean a secret power?
2. The islands in Kaneohe Bay are off which coast of Oahu?
3. In an interview with George Kerkoven, Pila discusses the healing power of what?
4. The Hawaiian belief is that each person is born with a bowl of what?
5. Where did Pila lead the visitors through an initiation in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pila write of secret meetings in Chapter 14? Describe these.
2. What are the Night Watchers? Where have they been reported?
3. How does the Angel Lady envision the angels?
4. What is Saddle Road?
5. What does Pila write by way of introduction to Chapter 9?
6. What conclusions does Pila find in the "enlightenment" discussion of Chapter 13?
7. How does Pila advise the traveler to seek heiaus in Chapter 8?
8. How does Pila describe the differences in energy flow in Chapter 9?
9. When does Pila claim people began pouring into Hawaii in Chapter 14?
10. What does Pila say the Hawaiian islands represent in life in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the correlation between chakras and the islands of Hawaii. How does each correspond to the other?
Essay Topic 2
What are chakras and where did they originate in concept? How are they employed in Pila's methods and philosophies?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Children of the Rainbow following the casting out of the kahunas. How did they reestablish themselves?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)