|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pila writes that happiness is a manifestation of what?
2. What color was the specter wearing which was seen walking in the Edge of Eternity?
3. In Chapter 9, Pila writes that the path to God is what?
4. What is the name of the largest optical telescope in Hawaii?
5. Why do many car rental companies not allow travelers to take Saddle Road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pila write by way of introduction to Chapter 9?
2. How does Pila describe huna and the Hawaiian beliefs in Chapter 12?
3. What were the three angles for observing the Golden Rule by the ancient Hawaiians?
4. What does Pila believe will take place in the "enlightenment," in addition to the Hawaiian legends?
5. What are the three parts of the human psyche, as explained in Chapter 12? How are they implemented along with manna?
6. How does Pila advise the traveler to seek heiaus in Chapter 8?
7. What conflicts does Pila face in his life in Chapter 11? What encounter does he find?
8. Where does Pila say the strongest healing energy arises in Chapter 7?
9. What phenomena are reported at the Edge of Eternity?
10. How does the Angel Lady envision the angels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the sights and attractions of Oceanview, as illustrated by Pila. What might one hope to see and experience there?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pila's assertions of the connection between the pyramids of Egypt and the volcanoes of Hawaii.
Essay Topic 3
How did the Kingdom of Le Muria come to ruin? What events does Pila describe in the text?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)