|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ancient Hawaiians viewed what area as a sacred place where offenses were forgiven?
2. Who does Pila believe will also return to the Indian tribes, based on his heritage and faith?
3. Which word had to do with balance in actions and in life in following the Golden Rule?
4. What was the god of fertility called in Hawaiian?
5. What did Pila sell in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is at the top of the mountain at Saddle Road?
2. What suggestions does Pila lend to the individual regarding ritual in Chapter 14?
3. What psychic does Pila describe in Chapter 11? Where did they meet?
4. What are the Night Watchers? Where have they been reported?
5. What does Pila write by way of introduction to Chapter 9?
6. What phenomena are reported at the Edge of Eternity?
7. What does Pila believe will take place in the "enlightenment," in addition to the Hawaiian legends?
8. What other-worldly sighting of his own does Pila describe in Chapter 11?
9. What conclusions does Pila find in the "enlightenment" discussion of Chapter 13?
10. How does Pila advise the traveler to seek heiaus in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Pila's first experiences in Hawaii. What brought him there? What was his impression?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pila's assertions of the connection between the pyramids of Egypt and the volcanoes of Hawaii.
Essay Topic 3
What photographic evidence is presented for a connection between the pyramids, volcanoes, and Mars? How valid is this evidence?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)