|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third largest of the Hawaiian Islands and most populous of the islands in the State of Hawaii?
2. What journey does Pila recommend into the mountains in Chapter 10?
3. Many of the heiaus had purposes dealing with what?
4. Who were the stewards of the life-force essence, according to Pila?
5. What are the angels described by the Angel Lady look like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pila write of water and sunsets in Chapter 7?
2. What conflicts does Pila face in his life in Chapter 11? What encounter does he find?
3. What are the Night Watchers? Where have they been reported?
4. What does Pila write of secret meetings in Chapter 14? Describe these.
5. What is the understanding the individual is to gain from connecting to manna? How does this happen?
6. What conclusions does Pila find in the "enlightenment" discussion of Chapter 13?
7. How does Pila describe the differences in energy flow in Chapter 9?
8. What is at the top of the mountain at Saddle Road?
9. What psychic does Pila describe in Chapter 11? Where did they meet?
10. What does Pila say the Hawaiian islands represent in life in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Children of the Rainbow following the casting out of the kahunas. How did they reestablish themselves?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the "typical" vacation in Hawaii as illustrated by Pila. Compare this with Pila's vision of the ideal vacation in Hawaii.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the sights and attractions of Oceanview, as illustrated by Pila. What might one hope to see and experience there?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)