|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pila open a small curio shop?
2. What are the energy frequencies in the body referred to in the Eastern tradition?
3. Pila suggests in Chapter 7 that people are careful when they are around what?
4. The angles and trajectories of the pyramids in Egypt and in Mars were the same to how far?
5. Where was a large Egyptian looking mask shown in an image in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Pila first visit Hawaii? When did he return?
2. What does Pila write about the pyramids of Hawaii in Chapter 5?
3. Describe the photographs depicted in Chapter 6 by Dr. Gilroy.
4. What do lay-lines correspond to, according to Pila in Chapter 5?
5. What has changed about the way the people approach vacationing, according to Pila? How does he describe the typical vacationer's first days?
6. What connection was found between the Martian landscape and the Egyptian one?
7. What were the three orders of wisdom in Le Muria?
8. How did Pila begin to learn about Hawaiian culture and mythology in Chapter 2?
9. What is the purpose of the chant in Chapter 7?
10. What does Pila write of the Hawaiian language?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the foods of Hawaii. What traditions of cooking and celebration are detailed in the text?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Pila's ritual for those who seek to come honor Pele. What takes place and where?
Essay Topic 3
Describe vortexes and lay-lines. What does Pila believe these both have the power to do? Why do they exist?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)