|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The islands of Hawaii are associated with the energy fields in the human body as well as what?
2. In what decade does Pila write that people came in droves to Hawaii for mystical experiences?
3. In what year did Hawaii become a U.S. State?
4. In Chapter 7, Pila writes that the ancient Hawaiians believed in how many deities?
5. There were pictures sent by what in the video in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are chakras and how does Pila describe them in the text?
2. What were the three orders of wisdom in Le Muria?
3. How did Crazy Ed greet Pila? What did this mean?
4. What does Pila write of the Hawaiian language?
5. Who appeared all in white in Chapter 2? What was the state of the kingdom?
6. What does Pila write about the pyramids of Hawaii in Chapter 5?
7. What does Pila write about the state of the world and society in Chapter 1?
8. What do lay-lines correspond to, according to Pila in Chapter 5?
9. What does Pila write about the world's problems and solutions in Chapter 4?
10. What ritual does Pila introduce for Pele in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pila's assertions of the connection between the pyramids of Egypt and the volcanoes of Hawaii.
Essay Topic 2
Describe vortexes and lay-lines. What does Pila believe these both have the power to do? Why do they exist?
Essay Topic 3
What are chakras and where did they originate in concept? How are they employed in Pila's methods and philosophies?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)