|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hawaiian chant is based on the belief that people are made of the energy force of what?
2. Who does Pila write Claire "Kalar" Chiles is known as to him in this world in the acknowledgments?
3. In Chapter 4, Pila writes that the key to solving problems is what?
4. Who did Pila think might have had a clue into the root of his problems the past 20 years in Chapter 3?
5. Who was an old Danish sailor who spent his life traveling around the world, working for various marine entities and met Pila at his shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection was found between the Martian landscape and the Egyptian one?
2. Why does Pila recommend that travelers visit the volcano?
3. What does Pila write about the state of the world and society in Chapter 1?
4. What do lay-lines correspond to, according to Pila in Chapter 5?
5. How did Crazy Ed greet Pila? What did this mean?
6. When did Pila first visit Hawaii? When did he return?
7. What is Oahu and how does Pila describe it in the journey of the Paradise of Self?
8. What does Pila write about the world's problems and solutions in Chapter 4?
9. Describe the Kingdom of Le Muria, as depicted by Pila in Chapter 2.
10. How does Pila lead the reader into the Paradise of Self in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the sights and attractions of Oceanview, as illustrated by Pila. What might one hope to see and experience there?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Angel Lady. What connection does she have to Pila? What books did she write?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between huna and the Hawaiian theology. Who originated the term "huna"? When?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)