|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pila write the ancient Hawaiians lived by in Chapter 13?
(b) The White Rule.
(c) The Golden Rule.
(d) The Volcano.
2. How tall is the specter that was seen walking in the Edge of Eternity?
(a) 15 feet.
(b) 7 feet.
(c) 10 feet.
(d) 30 feet.
3. In an interview with George Kerkoven, Pila discusses the healing power of what?
4. What does Pila refer to as the Edge of Eternity?
5. What is located at the top of Saddle Road?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A Navy base.
(d) An Army base.
Short Answer Questions
1. What journey does Pila recommend into the mountains in Chapter 10?
2. According to Pila, the Hawaiian Islands represent a place where there is a tear in the fabric of what?
3. How many people had Pila welcomed on his own in Chapter 14?
4. What is an anthropological term referencing a range of beliefs and practices regarding communication with the spiritual world?
5. Pila writes that all of the colors of the _____ of life come together in Hawaii.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pila say the Hawaiian islands represent in life in Chapter 14?
2. When does Pila claim people began pouring into Hawaii in Chapter 14?
3. What other-worldly sighting of his own does Pila describe in Chapter 11?
4. What conclusions does Pila find in the "enlightenment" discussion of Chapter 13?
5. What were the three angles for observing the Golden Rule by the ancient Hawaiians?
6. What does the Hawaiian legend say will happen to the Old Ones one day?
7. What are heiaus?
8. What does Pila write by way of introduction to Chapter 9?
9. How does Pila describe huna and the Hawaiian beliefs in Chapter 12?
10. How does Pila advise the traveler to seek heiaus in Chapter 8?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)