|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the best time for ritual, according to Pila?
2. How could the energy flow of the heiaus be redirected, according to Pila?
3. Many of the heiaus had purposes dealing with what?
4. Who were the stewards of the life-force essence, according to Pila?
(a) The Kahunas.
(b) The Goddesses.
(c) The Grand Wizards.
(d) The Hunas.
5. What did Pila conclude the strange glow seen in Chapter 11 to be?
(a) An elf.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A sprite.
(d) A demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the third largest of the Hawaiian Islands and most populous of the islands in the State of Hawaii?
2. According to Pila's Indian heritage, sunsets in the west mean what?
3. Pila writes that upon the return of the Old Ones, Man will again come into contact with what?
4. Pila writes that all of the colors of the _____ of life come together in Hawaii.
5. Who is known as the Angel Lady?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pila describe huna and the Hawaiian beliefs in Chapter 12?
2. How do the three aspects of the psyche work together?
3. What conflicts does Pila face in his life in Chapter 11? What encounter does he find?
4. What does Pila write of water and sunsets in Chapter 7?
5. What does the Hawaiian legend say will happen to the Old Ones one day?
6. How does Pila describe the differences in energy flow in Chapter 9?
7. What does Pila say the Hawaiian islands represent in life in Chapter 14?
8. What is at the top of the mountain at Saddle Road?
9. When does Pila claim people began pouring into Hawaii in Chapter 14?
10. What suggestions does Pila lend to the individual regarding ritual in Chapter 14?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)