|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some of the heiaus were used for what?
(b) Human sacrifice.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Learning to fly.
2. What is the largest heiau currently known to exist?
(a) Moloka Haiau.
(b) Halo Ino Heiau.
(c) Hale O Pi'ilani Heiau.
(d) Heiau hōʻola.
3. How many dolphins was Pila surrounded by in Chapter 11?
4. What is the most populous town in Maui?
5. What is the second phenomena seen in the park in Chapter 8?
(a) A cold hand.
(b) A ball of light.
(c) A flash of lightning.
(d) A green blob.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hawaiian legend teaches that the Old Ones of the High Order will return even after a period of how long?
2. Where did Pila lead the visitors through an initiation in Chapter 14?
3. What is located at the top of Saddle Road?
4. What is an anthropological term referencing a range of beliefs and practices regarding communication with the spiritual world?
5. Where does Pila describe seeing a strange glow in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other-worldly sighting of his own does Pila describe in Chapter 11?
2. What conflicts does Pila face in his life in Chapter 11? What encounter does he find?
3. When does Pila claim people began pouring into Hawaii in Chapter 14?
4. What does Pila say the Hawaiian islands represent in life in Chapter 14?
5. What is Saddle Road?
6. How does Pila describe huna and the Hawaiian beliefs in Chapter 12?
7. How does Pila advise the traveler to seek heiaus in Chapter 8?
8. What were the three angles for observing the Golden Rule by the ancient Hawaiians?
9. How do the three aspects of the psyche work together?
10. What psychic does Pila describe in Chapter 11? Where did they meet?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)