|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Pila lead the visitors through an initiation in Chapter 14?
(a) The volcano.
(b) The Place of Refuge.
(c) The Edge of Eternity.
(d) The crater.
2. What does Pila refer to as the higher conscious mind in Chapter 12?
3. What is the name of the largest optical telescope in Hawaii?
(d) Android II.
4. Pila writes that there are simple _____ that can be followed to help the individual tap in on his own power.
5. What are the angels described by the Angel Lady look like?
(d) Earth mothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is the second-largest of the Hawaiian Islands at 727.2 square miles?
2. How does Pila suggest visitors should travel while in Hawaii?
3. Why do many car rental companies not allow travelers to take Saddle Road?
4. Which word had to do with balance in actions and in life in following the Golden Rule?
5. What is an anthropological term referencing a range of beliefs and practices regarding communication with the spiritual world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pila write by way of introduction to Chapter 9?
2. When does Pila claim people began pouring into Hawaii in Chapter 14?
3. How does Pila recommend traveling while in Hawaii? Where does he suggest one go first?
4. Where does Pila say the strongest healing energy arises in Chapter 7?
5. What does Pila write of secret meetings in Chapter 14? Describe these.
6. How does the Angel Lady envision the angels?
7. What is at the top of the mountain at Saddle Road?
8. What does Pila say the Hawaiian islands represent in life in Chapter 14?
9. What does the Hawaiian legend say will happen to the Old Ones one day?
10. What conflicts does Pila face in his life in Chapter 11? What encounter does he find?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)