|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hawaiian chant is based on the belief that people are made of the energy force of what?
2. Many ancient paintings of the Hawaiians represent the volcano as a what?
(b) Lightning rod.
3. What will not grow in the lava tube caves of Hawaii?
4. How many sisters does Pele have, according to legend?
5. Who is the Hawaiian goddess of fire, lightning, dance, and volcanoes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pila writes that for most people dreams are based on security, not what?
2. Where did Pila open a small curio shop?
3. What is a Polynesian island in the southeastern Pacific Ocean at the southeastern most point of the Polynesian triangle?
4. The owner of the Chicken Shack was a veteran of what war?
5. Where was a substance found which was not from this planet in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the chant in Chapter 7?
2. What associations between the Great Pyramids and Hawaiian volcanoes does Pila make in Chapter 6? Who does he speak with?
3. What is Oahu and how does Pila describe it in the journey of the Paradise of Self?
4. How does Pila explain the symbolism of the volcano in Hawaiian theology in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Pila recommend that travelers visit the volcano?
6. What does Pila write about the state of the world and society in Chapter 1?
7. What were the three orders of wisdom in Le Muria?
8. What does Pila write about the pyramids of Hawaii in Chapter 5?
9. What does Pila write about the Hawaiian belief of energy forces in Chapter 5?
10. Who is Dr. Gilroy and what did he show Pila?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)