|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade does Pila write that people came in droves to Hawaii for mystical experiences?
2. What word refers to the God force in the Hawaiian belief system?
3. Who were a group of the remaining Children of God who were the thinkers?
(a) The Maggi.
(b) The Literati.
(c) The Essenes.
(d) The Therapeuti.
4. Each of the remaining tribes on the Hawaiian islands colored themselves after a color from what?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The trees.
(d) The rainbow.
5. What did the former Harvard professor promise to show Pila in Chapter 6?
(a) An artifact.
(b) A video.
(c) A book.
(d) A magic ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, Pila writes that the key to solving problems is what?
2. Who were a group of the remaining Children of the Rainbow who were the magicians?
3. How many sisters does Pele have, according to legend?
4. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that people are "overworked, overstimulated, overfed and" what?
5. What will not grow in the lava tube caves of Hawaii?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Oahu and how does Pila describe it in the journey of the Paradise of Self?
2. Why does Pila recommend that travelers visit the volcano?
3. What were the three orders of wisdom in Le Muria?
4. What has changed about the way the people approach vacationing, according to Pila? How does he describe the typical vacationer's first days?
5. How does Pila explain the symbolism of the volcano in Hawaiian theology in Chapter 7?
6. What associations between the Great Pyramids and Hawaiian volcanoes does Pila make in Chapter 6? Who does he speak with?
7. What do lay-lines correspond to, according to Pila in Chapter 5?
8. What are chakras and how does Pila describe them in the text?
9. What does Pila say the typical vacationer in Hawaii spends doing the third day through remainder of their trip?
10. What does Pila write about the world's problems and solutions in Chapter 4?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)