|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word refers to accuracy of living in following the path of the ancient Hawaiians?
2. Where does Pila describe seeing a strange glow in Chapter 11?
3. What does Pila refer to as the Edge of Eternity?
4. What is the largest heiau currently known to exist?
(a) Hale O Pi'ilani Heiau.
(b) Heiau hōʻola.
(c) Halo Ino Heiau.
(d) Moloka Haiau.
5. What is the name for a Hawaiian temple?
6. When is the best time for ritual, according to Pila?
7. Which is the second-largest of the Hawaiian Islands at 727.2 square miles?
8. Where did Pila's group hold a secret meeting on January 16, 1992 when they decided that personal and mental bondage energies had to end?
9. What does Pila refer to as the higher conscious mind in Chapter 12?
10. The Hawaiian belief is that each person is born with a bowl of what?
11. What did Pila sell in Chapter 11?
(a) His house.
(b) His boat.
(c) His car.
(d) His curio shop.
12. Pila writes that there are simple _____ that can be followed to help the individual tap in on his own power.
13. How many dolphins was Pila surrounded by in Chapter 11?
14. In Chapter 14, Pila writes that people began coming to Hawaii in what year specifically to make their connection?
15. The Hawaiian legend teaches that the Old Ones of the High Order will return even after a period of how long?
(a) Five decades.
(b) One century.
(c) Three hundred years.
(d) Hundreds of centuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will the Old Ones of the High Order return to, according to Hawaiian legend?
2. Pila writes that happiness is a manifestation of what?
3. Where did Pila attend a secret meeting in Chapter 14?
4. What color was the specter wearing which was seen walking in the Edge of Eternity?
5. The meaning of the world heiau was a place to capture what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)