|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Pila, the Hawaiian Islands represent a place where there is a tear in the fabric of what?
(d) Dimensional reality.
2. Where did Pila lead the visitors through an initiation in Chapter 14?
(a) The crater.
(b) The Place of Refuge.
(c) The volcano.
(d) The Edge of Eternity.
3. What did Pila conclude the strange glow seen in Chapter 11 to be?
(a) A sprite.
(b) An elf.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A demon.
4. What activity did Pila take up in Chapter 11?
5. Which word had to do with balance in actions and in life in following the Golden Rule?
6. How many phenomena does Pila discuss in the Edge of Eternity?
7. According to Pila, the strongest energy for healing is located where?
(a) Where the sand meets the water.
(b) Where the lava meets the water.
(c) The crater.
(d) Where the lava leaves the volcano.
8. How big is the triangular area with healing capabilities in the Edge of Eternity?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 2 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
9. Some of the heiaus were used for what?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(c) Milking cows.
(d) Learning to fly.
10. How many dolphins was Pila surrounded by in Chapter 11?
11. The Hawaiian belief is that each person is born with a bowl of what?
12. The ancient Hawaiians viewed what area as a sacred place where offenses were forgiven?
13. What does Pila refer to as the higher conscious mind in Chapter 12?
14. What did Pila sell in Chapter 11?
(a) His curio shop.
(b) His boat.
(c) His car.
(d) His house.
15. Which of the three parts of the human psyche is the connection to the light or spirituality?
(a) Higher conscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pila writes that there are simple _____ that can be followed to help the individual tap in on his own power.
2. What is the name for a Hawaiian temple?
3. One example of metaphorical cleansing of the mind suggested by Pila takes place where?
4. According to Pila, when the Old Ones return, power will revert to who?
5. When did Pila attend a secret meeting in Chapter 14?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)