|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pila say is served on the average traveler's plate with breakfast in Chapter 1?
(a) An orchid.
(b) A conch shell.
(c) A lily.
(d) A rose.
2. There were pictures sent by what in the video in Chapter 6?
(a) The Apollo moon missions.
(b) The Neptune deep sea epeditions.
(c) The Voyager probe.
(d) The Challenger space shuttle.
3. In what year did Hawaii become a U.S. State?
4. What are the energy frequencies in the body referred to in the Eastern tradition?
5. What place is mentioned by Pila along with the Bermuda Triangle as examples of where the earth's energies meet?
(b) New York.
(c) Devil's Sea.
6. Which island is referred to as the Big Island?
7. In Chapter 4, Pila writes that the key to solving problems is what?
8. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that people are "overworked, overstimulated, overfed and" what?
9. A group of people on what island consider the English language to be inadequate and devoid of pure meaning?
10. Where did Pila open a small curio shop?
11. Who was the Moon Goddess for the Children of God?
(a) Laka Hina.
12. In what year was The Secrets and Mysteries of Hawaii published?
13. What moku or district on the Big Island of Hawaii did Pila return to after the war?
14. What is the magnetic power of crystals called?
15. What is nicknamed the Valley Isle?
Short Answer Questions
1. The islands of Hawaii are associated with the energy fields in the human body as well as what?
2. The tetrahedron corresponds to sites of energy phenomena on other planets at ____ degrees latitude.
3. In Part I, Pila writes that Hawaii is known as the "Crossroads Between" what?
4. What word refers to the God force in the Hawaiian belief system?
5. Pila writes that for most people dreams are based on security, not what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)