|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Secret of the Hawaiian Mystique.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pila write the average vacationer has saved for his trip to Hawaii in Chapter 1?
(a) Over six months.
(b) Over a decade.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Over two years.
2. In what year was The Secrets and Mysteries of Hawaii published?
3. What moku or district on the Big Island of Hawaii did Pila return to after the war?
4. Pila writes that sunset is a time for what?
5. Who did Pila think might have had a clue into the root of his problems the past 20 years in Chapter 3?
(c) Crazy Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group of people on what island consider the English language to be inadequate and devoid of pure meaning?
2. How many airports does Pila suggest the average traveler will have passed through on his way to Hawaii in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that people are "overworked, overstimulated, overfed and" what?
4. The owner of the Chicken Shack was a veteran of what war?
5. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that what kind of vacation no longer suffices in today's world?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)