Chapter 1, Vacation: The New Dimension
1. In what year was The Secrets and Mysteries of Hawaii published?
2. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that what kind of vacation no longer suffices in today's world?
3. Who does Pila write Claire "Kalar" Chiles is known as to him in this world in the acknowledgments?
(b) My Wife.
(c) My Sister.
(d) My Friend.
4. In Part I, Pila writes that Hawaii is known as the "Crossroads Between" what?
5. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that a Gallup poll revealed how many people worldwide named Hawaii their dream vacation spot?
(b) One half.
6. In Chapter 1, Pila writes that people are "overworked, overstimulated, overfed and" what?
7. How long does Pila write the average vacationer has saved for his trip to Hawaii in Chapter 1?
(a) Over two years.
(b) Over six months.
(c) Over a year.
(d) Over a decade.
This section contains 3,341 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)