|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Eula and her friend’s occupation?
(a) Social worker.
(b) School teacher.
(c) School nurse.
(d) Freelance writer.
2. How old is the little girl in “Peach Cobbler” when she first starts her period?
3. What does Leelee tell Rhonda she wants to do when she calls her after the incident at the university?
(a) She wants to quit her job.
(b) She wants to break up.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She wants to get married.
4. Who does the little girl tell her mother the peach cobbler belongs to when she is found eating it out of the trash?
(c) Her mother.
5. What is one of the lies Renee would tell her friends about her father in "Dear Sister"?
(a) That he takes her to the Bahamas.
(b) That he is the richest man in the country.
(c) That he is a famous actor.
(d) That he is a famous musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday was it when Renee was disappointed her father did not attend church with them as he had promised in "Dear Sister"?
2. What does Rhonda say “Black women aren’t meant to” (75) do at the start of “Snowfall”?
3. Which of her sisters in "Dear Sister" does the writer assume cannot be pregnant because she gets Depo shots?
4. What does Olivia do after she leaves Trevor’s house after their final tutoring session in “Peach Cobbler”?
5. What does Leelee recall eating down South, while her family talked about how much weight she gained?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Rhonda and Leelee doing to get ready for work at the beginning of “Snowfall”?
2. What do the woman and man in “Not-Daniel” have in common?
3. How does Caroletta feel when Eula asks her if she wants to die a virgin?
4. What example does the letter writer use to show Jackie how her sisters are “the best sisters you could ask for” (34)?
5. What does Rhonda do for Leelee at the end of “Snowfall“ after they return home from work on the snowy day?
6. What does the narrator of “Dear Sister” feel is the only good thing her father ever did for her and her sisters?
7. How does Olivia feel after seeing the picture of Trevor and his girlfriend at the prom at the end of “Peach Cobbler”?
8. What are some of the things Leelee says she misses about living down south?
9. What impression did Olivia get of Marilyn the first time she went over to tutor Trevor in “Peach Cobbler”?
10. What do Rhonda and Leelee typically do on snowy days?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)