|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caroletta make for Eula for her 31st birthday dinner?
(a) A casserole.
(b) Baked chicken.
(c) Potato salad.
2. What does the pastor’s son, Trevor, do when the girl first goes to his house in “Peach Cobbler”?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Asks her to go on a date.
(c) Stares at her breasts.
(d) Tries to kiss her.
3. In “Peach Cobbler,” what does Olivia bring to the tutoring session after Trevor’s aunt dies?
(a) A fruit basket.
(c) Homemade pasta.
(d) Peach cobbler.
4. In “Peach Cobbler,” what do readers finally learn the girl’s name is when she arrives at the pastor’s house and he answers?
5. What does the little girl’s mother do with the peach cobbler if the pastor does not show up on Monday?
(a) Throws it away.
(b) Gives it to the neighbor.
(c) Gives it to her daughter.
(d) Eats it all herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Leelee’s mother when she had her?
2. What does Olivia do after she leaves Trevor’s house after their final tutoring session in “Peach Cobbler”?
3. What does the little girl in “Peach Cobbler” see through her window as she walks home from school one Monday?
4. What is Leelee’s full name, which Rhonda only calls her when she is mad at her?
5. What does Leelee wake Rhonda to ask her the night before the snowfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the little girl feel when her mother and the pastor always leave her room laughing?
2. How does Olivia feel after the first time she and Trevor are intimate in “Peach Cobbler”?
3. What does the woman see when she looks into Not-Daniel's eyes after he first gets into her car toward the end of “Not-Daniel”?
4. What does the woman ask Not-Daniel after they have sex in her car and how does he respond?
5. What does Rhonda do for Leelee at the end of “Snowfall“ after they return home from work on the snowy day?
6. For whom does the narrator’s mother make peach cobbler every Monday in the story “Peach Cobbler”?
7. In “Peach Cobbler,” what was on the piece of paper the narrator’s mother handed her after the pastor left one day and why was it there?
8. What happens in the daughter’s fantasy in which she feeds the pastor her homemade peach cobbler?
9. What example does the letter writer use to show Jackie how her sisters are “the best sisters you could ask for” (34)?
10. What does Eula say regarding Valentine’s Day, and how does it make Caroletta feel?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)