|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet claims in Chapter 21: Rumpelstiltskin that the impact of liberal policies will result in what?
2. Mamet writes that he did not serve in the military for what reason in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
3. In what year did Sarah Palin resign as Governor of Alaska?
4. When was Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
5. What refers to the area of the nation's economy under private rather than governmental control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
2. How does Mamet describe the impact of the Dred Scott Decision in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
3. What does Mamet claim about war, diplomacy and choice in Chapter 36: Bumper Stickers?
4. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
5. From what did the institution of marriage arise, according to Mamet in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
6. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
7. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
8. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
9. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
10. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the private and public sectors and the evolution of American politics, governmental control and finance. How has the government's role changed in the financial world in the past 100 years?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Mamet's metaphors in Chapter 29: The Family and Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions. How does Mamet describe the role of government using a child's sports game as an example?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and career of Al Sharpton. Do you agree or disagree with Mamet's conclusions about Sharpton? Why?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)