|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet claims in Chapter 26: Feminism, that the left's dislike of Sarah Palin is in large part because she is what?
(a) A "worker".
2. Mamet writes in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth that our nation has been the most successful in history because our laws are built upon the concept that compassion and greed in the hands of the state will result in what?
3. In Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined, Mamet claims that while it's absurd to judge that someone is not capable of a certain position because of his race, it is just as absurd to do what?
(a) Assume the same based on their religion.
(b) Push someone into a position who is not suited for it just because of his race.
(c) Assume the same based on their sex.
(d) Hold an election for the position.
4. Mamet's father only finished how many years of community college before he bluffed his way into law school?
5. What word means to speak damagingly of; criticize in a derogatory manner; sully; defame?
Short Answer Questions
1. What incumbent Republican did Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeat in winning the U.S. Presidency?
2. In what year was Sarah Palin appointed Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission?
3. Mamet claims in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator, that the biggest fault of his generation is what?
4. Mamet claims in Chapter 21: Rumpelstiltskin that the Obama administration refuses to accept the fact that the West is threatened by what?
5. What refers to the area of the nation's economy under private rather than governmental control?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what did the institution of marriage arise, according to Mamet in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
2. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
3. How does Mamet define greed and ambition in Chapter 23: Greed?
4. For what play was Mamet criticized for misogynistic views in Chapter 26: Feminism? What was his response?
5. Why does Mamet assert he wrote the book The Secret Knowledge in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
6. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
7. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
8. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
9. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
10. How does Mamet relate liberals to Rumpelstiltskin?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)