|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is defined as something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity?
2. When was Karl Marx born?
3. To what office was Sarah Palin elected in 1992?
(a) Russian Diplomat.
(b) Governor of Alaska.
(c) Wasilla City Council.
(d) State Senator of Alaska.
4. The Ashkenazi Jews were from where?
(c) Eastern Europe.
(d) Southern France.
5. Mamet writes in Chapter 34: Hope and Change, that a democracy doesn't elect the best people in the country for what reason?
(a) They don't raise enough funds.
(b) They represent a third party.
(c) They generally don't run.
(d) They aren't as popular.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Sarah Palin appointed Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission?
2. What book did David Mamet write about filmmaking?
3. Mamet claims in Chapter 21: Rumpelstiltskin that the Obama administration refuses to accept the fact that the West is threatened by what?
4. Who wrote the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford?
5. Whose poem written for his son and containing many Christian references did Mamet read while at Camp Kawaga?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamet assert to be the reason for America's success in Chapter 39: The Secret Knowledge? What threatens that success to Mamet?
2. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
3. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
4. Why does Mamet assert he wrote the book The Secret Knowledge in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
5. Why does Mamet criticize the words "hope" and "change" in the Obama campaign in Chapter 34: Hope and Change?
6. How does Mamet relate the government to a sports referee in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
7. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
8. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
9. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
10. How does Mamet relate liberals to Rumpelstiltskin?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)