|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Al Sharpton born?
2. When was Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
3. Mamet claims in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is? that the difference between fairness and equality is that the latter can be given what?
(a) A value.
(b) A standard.
(c) To future generations.
4. Mamet claims in Chapter 26: Feminism, that the left's dislike of Sarah Palin is in large part because she is what?
(b) A "worker".
5. Who did David Mamet claim was a brilliant actress and comedienne but failed to meet the standards of the feminists of her day in Chapter 26: Feminism?
(a) Marilyn Monroe.
(b) Lucille Ball.
(c) Jane Fonda.
(d) Susan Sarandon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet writes that marriage is a naturally evolved response to the primordial urge for what?
2. Roughly when did the Cold War begin?
3. Mamet writes in Chapter 34: Hope and Change, that a democracy doesn't elect the best people in the country for what reason?
4. Mamet writes in Chapter 29: The Family, that the family is the single-most important unit for transmitting what?
5. In Chapter 26: Feminism, Mamet claims that the weakening of what will eventually destroy the family which is essential for a successful society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
2. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
3. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
4. How are the Ashkenazi Jews described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis? How did Mamet's grandparents succeed in America?
5. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
6. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
7. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
8. How does Mamet describe liberal hypocrisy in regard to feminism in Chapter 26: Feminism?
9. How does Mamet relate the government to a sports referee in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
10. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)