|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl Marx was quoted for saying that "from each according to his ability, to each according to his" what?
2. U.S. military involvement in the Vietnam War ended in what year?
3. In Chapter 26: Feminism, Mamet claims that the weakening of what will eventually destroy the family which is essential for a successful society?
4. In what year was Al Sharpton a candidate for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. presidential election?
5. When did Mamet's grandparents immigrate to the United States?
(a) The 1900s.
(b) The 1890s.
(c) The 1920s.
(d) The 1910s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of legislation approved by the U.S. Congress in that prohibited further U.S. military activity in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia?
2. What is defined as something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity?
3. In what year did Sarah Palin resign as Governor of Alaska?
4. What radio talk show does Al Sharpton host?
5. When did Saul David Alinsky die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
2. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
3. How does Mamet relate demagoguery to the Obama campaign in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
4. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
5. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
6. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
7. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
8. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
9. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
10. How does Mamet describe the impact of the Dred Scott Decision in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)