|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karl Marx was quoted for saying that "from each according to his ability, to each according to his" what?
2. U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War escalated in the early 1960s, with U.S. troop levels tripling in what year?
3. The main effects of the decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford in history were the rise of the Republican Party over what party?
(a) The Torey Party.
(b) The Green Party.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The Whig Party.
4. In 1987, Mamet made his film directing debut with what movie?
(a) City of Angels.
(b) Field of Flowers.
(c) House of Games.
(d) Signs of Sorrow.
5. Where was Al Sharpton born?
(a) Brooklyn, New York.
(b) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the area of the nation's economy under private rather than governmental control?
2. What book did David Mamet write about filmmaking?
3. When was Sarah Palin elected Governor of Alaska?
4. What incumbent Republican did Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeat in winning the U.S. Presidency?
5. When was Karl Marx born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
2. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
3. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
4. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
5. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
6. What does Mamet claim about war, diplomacy and choice in Chapter 36: Bumper Stickers?
7. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
8. Why does Mamet assert he wrote the book The Secret Knowledge in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
9. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
10. How are the Ashkenazi Jews described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis? How did Mamet's grandparents succeed in America?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)