|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Karl Marx most well-known for writing?
(a) The Socialist Manifesto.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) The World According to Garp.
(d) The Communist Manifesto.
2. When did the Vietnam War begin?
3. Mamet writes that he did not serve in the military for what reason in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
(a) He was given a deferment.
(b) He was wealthy.
(c) He moved to Canada.
(d) He moved to Mexico.
4. Mamet writes in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth that our nation has been the most successful in history because our laws are built upon the concept that compassion and greed in the hands of the state will result in what?
5. What word means to speak damagingly of; criticize in a derogatory manner; sully; defame?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet writes in Chapter 31: Breatharian that government did not invent what nor can it oversee it effectively?
2. What was a federation of unions that organized workers in industrial unions in the United States and Canada from 1935 to 1955?
3. Karl Marx was quoted for saying that "from each according to his ability, to each according to his" what?
4. For what book is Saul Alinsky most well known?
5. The Ashkenazi Jews were from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
2. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
3. How does Mamet relate the government to a sports referee in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
4. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
5. How does Mamet describe liberal hypocrisy in regard to feminism in Chapter 26: Feminism?
6. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
7. How does Mamet relate liberals to Rumpelstiltskin?
8. What does Mamet assert to be the reason for America's success in Chapter 39: The Secret Knowledge? What threatens that success to Mamet?
9. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
10. What does Mamet write about the 2008 housing collapse in Chapter 23: Greed?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)