|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Sarah Palin resign as Governor of Alaska?
2. Mamet describes a friend of his daughter's who was what in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
(a) A mormon.
(b) A muslim.
(c) An heiress.
(d) A beauty queen.
3. Mamet claims in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator, that the biggest fault of his generation is what?
4. Where was Saul Alinsky born?
5. What book did David Mamet write about filmmaking?
(a) On Directing Film.
(b) All About Film and Filmmaking.
(c) Films for Dummies.
(d) Directing the Future.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their descendants, whether or not they were slaves) could never be what?
2. What refers to a process where people who live in proximity to each other come together into an organization that acts in their shared self-interest?
3. What does Mamet define as when government vows to lead the people to the Promised Land in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
4. For what book is Saul Alinsky most well known?
5. Karl Marx was quoted for saying that "from each according to his ability, to each according to his" what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamet assert to be the reason for America's success in Chapter 39: The Secret Knowledge? What threatens that success to Mamet?
2. How does Mamet relate demagoguery to the Obama campaign in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
3. How does Mamet describe liberal hypocrisy in regard to feminism in Chapter 26: Feminism?
4. How does Mamet relate liberals to Rumpelstiltskin?
5. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
6. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
7. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
8. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
9. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
10. Why does Mamet assert he wrote the book The Secret Knowledge in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)