|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by what Amendment to the U.S. Constitution?
(a) The Fith Amendment.
(b) The Second Amendment.
(c) The First Amendment.
(d) The Eighth Amendment.
2. What radio talk show does Al Sharpton host?
(a) "Truth in Politics".
(b) "Keepin' It Real".
(c) "360 New York".
3. Whose poem written for his son and containing many Christian references did Mamet read while at Camp Kawaga?
(a) Mark Twain's.
(b) William Shakespear's.
(c) General MacArthur's.
(d) Aldo Leopold's.
4. Mamet describes being criticized for being a misogynist by a female critic for what play in Chapter 26: Feminism?
(a) Waiting for Godot.
(b) American Buffalo.
(d) Sexual Perversity in Chicago.
5. When did Saul David Alinsky die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet claims in Chapter 21: Rumpelstiltskin that the Obama administration refuses to accept the fact that the West is threatened by what?
2. When was Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
3. U.S. military involvement in the Vietnam War ended in what year?
4. For what book is Saul Alinsky most well known?
5. In 1987, Mamet made his film directing debut with what movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
2. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
3. What does Mamet claim about war, diplomacy and choice in Chapter 36: Bumper Stickers?
4. For what play was Mamet criticized for misogynistic views in Chapter 26: Feminism? What was his response?
5. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
6. What does Mamet write about the 2008 housing collapse in Chapter 23: Greed?
7. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
8. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
9. How does Mamet relate the government to a sports referee in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
10. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)