|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What radio talk show does Al Sharpton host?
(b) "360 New York".
(c) "Keepin' It Real".
(d) "Truth in Politics".
2. It is Mamet's opinion in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal that who sends the message everyday that America has surrendered and is ready to be taken over by our enemies?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Barack Obama.
(c) Howard Stern.
(d) Sarah Palin.
3. In what year did Sarah Palin resign as Governor of Alaska?
4. When was Sarah Palin born?
5. Mamet writes that marriage is a naturally evolved response to the primordial urge for what?
(c) Biological urges.
Short Answer Questions
1. U.S. military involvement in the Vietnam War ended in what year?
2. When did the Vietnam War begin?
3. What is defined as existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought?
4. In what year was Sarah Palin appointed Chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission?
5. Mamet claims in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator, that the biggest fault of his generation is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
2. How does Mamet relate the government to a sports referee in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
3. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
4. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
5. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
6. How are the Ashkenazi Jews described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis? How did Mamet's grandparents succeed in America?
7. From what did the institution of marriage arise, according to Mamet in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
8. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
9. How does Mamet relate demagoguery to the Obama campaign in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
10. What led to the diminishing of conservative Judaism in Mamet's family, as described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)