|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location does Mamet describe as similar to the Catskills and was a playground for adult Jews who were restricted from other hotels and resorts?
(a) Oakton Manor.
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) The Hamptons.
(d) Oakerly Lake.
2. Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected President of the United States in what year?
3. What radio talk show does Al Sharpton host?
(b) "360 New York".
(c) "Truth in Politics".
(d) "Keepin' It Real".
4. Mamet writes in Chapter 34: Hope and Change, that a democracy doesn't elect the best people in the country for what reason?
(a) They represent a third party.
(b) They don't raise enough funds.
(c) They aren't as popular.
(d) They generally don't run.
5. In what year did Sarah Palin resign as Governor of Alaska?
Short Answer Questions
1. U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War escalated in the early 1960s, with U.S. troop levels tripling in what year?
2. Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by what Amendment to the U.S. Constitution?
3. In Chapter 23: Greed, Mamet claims that in the liberal view, those who take more than their "fair share" should be what?
4. It is Mamet's opinion in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal that who sends the message everyday that America has surrendered and is ready to be taken over by our enemies?
5. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling from what year?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)