|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did the stock market crash, leading to the Great Depression?
2. What is defined as existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought?
3. When was Sarah Palin born?
4. Mamet writes in Chapter 34: Hope and Change, that a democracy doesn't elect the best people in the country for what reason?
(a) They represent a third party.
(b) They generally don't run.
(c) They aren't as popular.
(d) They don't raise enough funds.
5. In what year did Sarah Palin become mayor of Wasilla, Alaska?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet claims in Chapter 37: Late Revelations that the Obama campaign slogans suggested that change happens without what?
2. Although Camp Kawaga in Chicago that Mamet attended was a summer camp for Jewish children, they were forced to take part in what?
3. The main effects of the decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford in history were the rise of the Republican Party over what party?
4. Karl Marx was quoted for saying that "from each according to his ability, to each according to his" what?
5. Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by what Amendment to the U.S. Constitution?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamet claim to the objective of Al Sharpton in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
2. What does Mamet assert to be the reason for America's success in Chapter 39: The Secret Knowledge? What threatens that success to Mamet?
3. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
4. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
5. What does Mamet claim about war, diplomacy and choice in Chapter 36: Bumper Stickers?
6. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
7. What led to the diminishing of conservative Judaism in Mamet's family, as described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis?
8. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
9. How does Mamet describe the impact of the Dred Scott Decision in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
10. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)