|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concept stands on the side of the street sweeper and urges him to ask for more on payday since he gets far less than a physician, according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
2. In Chapter 23: Greed, Mamet claims that in the liberal view, those who take more than their "fair share" should be what?
3. According to Mamet, the United Nations destroyed the image of America by identifying the nation as what?
(a) The number one criminal of the world.
(d) Not concerned with other countries.
4. In Chapter 36: Bumper Stickers, Mamet claims that old bumper stickers like "War Is Not the Answer," gave the false impression that there is only a choice between death and what?
5. When did Saul David Alinsky die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is defined as something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity?
2. Mamet writes in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth that American Democracy is based on the belief that what?
3. Mamet describes being criticized for being a misogynist by a female critic for what play in Chapter 26: Feminism?
4. What book is Karl Marx most well-known for writing?
5. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling from what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
2. What does Mamet write about the 2008 housing collapse in Chapter 23: Greed?
3. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
4. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
5. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
6. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
7. How does Mamet describe liberal hypocrisy in regard to feminism in Chapter 26: Feminism?
8. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
9. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
10. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)