|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what office was Sarah Palin elected in 1992?
(a) Wasilla City Council.
(b) State Senator of Alaska.
(c) Russian Diplomat.
(d) Governor of Alaska.
2. What is defined as an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes?
3. What is defined as a group pattern of habitual activity usually transmitted from one generation to another?
4. When was Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
5. Who did David Mamet claim was a brilliant actress and comedienne but failed to meet the standards of the feminists of her day in Chapter 26: Feminism?
(a) Lucille Ball.
(b) Marilyn Monroe.
(c) Susan Sarandon.
(d) Jane Fonda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poem written for his son and containing many Christian references did Mamet read while at Camp Kawaga?
2. What is defined as existing in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought?
3. Who headed a radical group that occupied Columbia University and insisted that he was speaking for the student body but most students didn't support him?
4. What book by Sarah Palin has sold more than two million copies?
5. U.S. military involvement in the Vietnam War ended in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
2. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
3. How does Mamet relate demagoguery to the Obama campaign in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
4. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
5. How does Mamet relate the metaphor of the street sweeper to Marxism in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
6. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
7. How does Mamet define greed and ambition in Chapter 23: Greed?
8. How does Mamet describe liberal hypocrisy in regard to feminism in Chapter 26: Feminism?
9. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
10. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)