|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet claims in Chapter 37: Late Revelations that the Obama campaign slogans suggested that change happens without what?
2. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their descendants, whether or not they were slaves) could never be what?
(a) Slave owners.
(d) U.S. citizens.
3. What book did David Mamet write about filmmaking?
(a) Directing the Future.
(b) Films for Dummies.
(c) All About Film and Filmmaking.
(d) On Directing Film.
4. According to David Mamet, Al Sharpton complains about hair salons in black communities being owned largely by whom?
5. Mamet claims in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is? that the difference between fairness and equality is that the latter can be given what?
(b) A standard.
(c) A value.
(d) To future generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Saul David Alinsky born?
2. Mamet claims in Chapter 21: Rumpelstiltskin that the impact of liberal policies will result in what?
3. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling from what year?
4. When was Karl Marx born?
5. When was Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamet write about the 2008 housing collapse in Chapter 23: Greed?
2. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
3. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
4. Why does Mamet state that a democracy does not generally elect the best people into office in Chapter 34: Hope and Change? What example does he cite?
5. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
6. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
7. What does Mamet claim about the denigration of American culture in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
8. What does Mamet assert to be the reason for America's success in Chapter 39: The Secret Knowledge? What threatens that success to Mamet?
9. What does Mamet claim about war, diplomacy and choice in Chapter 36: Bumper Stickers?
10. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)