|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the area of the nation's economy under private rather than governmental control?
(a) Private sector.
(b) Religious sector.
(c) Eduacation sector.
(d) Military sector.
2. What does Mamet define as the practice of indicting and assaulting others for their opinions or for sometimes just stating the truth in Chapter 24: Arrested Development?
(a) Blind politics.
(b) Persecution politics.
(c) Party politics.
(d) Identity politics.
3. What refers to a process where people who live in proximity to each other come together into an organization that acts in their shared self-interest?
(a) Community organizing.
(b) Church gathering.
(c) Gang initiation.
(d) State legislature.
4. What book by Sarah Palin has sold more than two million copies?
(a) How to Gut a Moose.
(b) Russia is Coming.
(c) Denali and Me.
(d) Going Rogue.
5. What location does Mamet describe as similar to the Catskills and was a playground for adult Jews who were restricted from other hotels and resorts?
(a) The Hamptons.
(b) Oakerly Lake.
(c) Oakton Manor.
(d) Martha's Vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. U.S. military involvement in the Vietnam War ended in what year?
2. Mamet claims in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator, that the biggest fault of his generation is what?
3. When was Sarah Palin elected Governor of Alaska?
4. Mamet writes that he did not serve in the military for what reason in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
5. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their descendants, whether or not they were slaves) could never be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mamet assert he wrote the book The Secret Knowledge in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
2. How are the Ashkenazi Jews described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis? How did Mamet's grandparents succeed in America?
3. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
4. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
5. What does Mamet write about his own military experience in Chapter 37: Late Revelations?
6. How has opinion changed regarding the Jewish people, according to Mamet in Chapter 28: Some Personal History?
7. How does Mamet relate the benefits of working on a movie set in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
8. How does Mamet relate demagoguery to the Obama campaign in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
9. From what did the institution of marriage arise, according to Mamet in Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions?
10. How does Mamet define greed and ambition in Chapter 23: Greed?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)