|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet writes in Chapter 34: Hope and Change, that a democracy doesn't elect the best people in the country for what reason?
(a) They don't raise enough funds.
(b) They represent a third party.
(c) They generally don't run.
(d) They aren't as popular.
2. What refers to the area of the nation's economy under private rather than governmental control?
(a) Military sector.
(b) Eduacation sector.
(c) Religious sector.
(d) Private sector.
3. What incumbent Republican did Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeat in winning the U.S. Presidency?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
4. Mamet claims in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is? that the difference between fairness and equality is that the latter can be given what?
(a) A value.
(b) To future generations.
(d) A standard.
5. Who wrote the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford?
(a) Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.
(b) Associate Justice Clarence Thomas.
(c) Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy.
(d) Chief Justice Roger B. Taney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David Mamet claim was a brilliant actress and comedienne but failed to meet the standards of the feminists of her day in Chapter 26: Feminism?
2. Mamet claims in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth, that the people should save their abstract such as hope and their spiritual beliefs for what?
3. Although Camp Kawaga in Chicago that Mamet attended was a summer camp for Jewish children, they were forced to take part in what?
4. What concept stands on the side of the street sweeper and urges him to ask for more on payday since he gets far less than a physician, according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
5. Where was Al Sharpton born?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what play was Mamet criticized for misogynistic views in Chapter 26: Feminism? What was his response?
2. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
3. How does Mamet describe the internal sources of America's destruction in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal? What external sources does he describe?
4. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
5. Why does Mamet assert he wrote the book The Secret Knowledge in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is?
6. What does Mamet claim to the objective of Al Sharpton in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
7. What is the outcome of government intervention in the economy according to Mamet in Chapter 31: Breatharian?
8. Why does Mamet criticize the words "hope" and "change" in the Obama campaign in Chapter 34: Hope and Change?
9. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
10. How does Mamet relate demagoguery to the Obama campaign in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)