|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did David Mamet write about filmmaking?
(a) On Directing Film.
(b) Directing the Future.
(c) Films for Dummies.
(d) All About Film and Filmmaking.
2. Roughly when did the Cold War begin?
3. In Chapter 30: Naturally Evolved Institutions, Mamet writes that liberals want to make the world fair by giving what to those with less ability or who are perceived to have been disadvantaged by society?
(c) An advantage.
(d) Free education.
4. Mamet writes in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth that American Democracy is based on the belief that what?
(a) All men are created equal.
(b) Communism is wrong.
(c) We can't go back to England.
(d) Christianity is the true religion.
5. Mamet claims in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is? that the difference between fairness and equality is that the latter can be given what?
(b) A value.
(c) A standard.
(d) To future generations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did David Mamet claim was a brilliant actress and comedienne but failed to meet the standards of the feminists of her day in Chapter 26: Feminism?
2. Mamet describes being criticized for being a misogynist by a female critic for what play in Chapter 26: Feminism?
3. What is defined as a group pattern of habitual activity usually transmitted from one generation to another?
4. What refers to the area of the nation's economy under private rather than governmental control?
5. What is defined as an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Saul Alinsky described in Chapter 37: Late Revelations? What criticism does Mamet have for community organization?
2. How are the Ashkenazi Jews described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis? How did Mamet's grandparents succeed in America?
3. What importance does Mamet lay on the foundation of family in Chapter 29: The Family?
4. For what play was Mamet criticized for misogynistic views in Chapter 26: Feminism? What was his response?
5. What does Mamet claim to the objective of Al Sharpton in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal?
6. How does Mamet describe his Christian experiences at Kamp Kwaga in Chapter 25: Oakton Manor and Camp Kawaga?
7. What is the outcome when the government intervenes on the side of the street sweeper according to Mamet in Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined?
8. What metaphor does Mamet cite for liberal perspectives in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator?
9. What led to the diminishing of conservative Judaism in Mamet's family, as described in Chapter 27: The Ashkenazis?
10. How did David Mamet's political beliefs evolve throughout his life?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)