|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3: Culture, School Shootings, the Audience, and the Elevator, Mamet writes that culture predates what?
(d) The bible.
2. When was the play "Glengarry Glen Ross" first produced?
3. Who was the Republican candidate for President in the 2008 election?
(a) John McCain.
(b) Joe Biden.
(c) Barack Obama.
(d) Sarah Palin.
4. What term refers to the weapon equipment of a military vehicle, ship, or aircraft?
(c) Apparatus of death.
5. When was Milton Friedman born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3: Culture, School Shootings, the Audience, and the Elevator, Mamet writes that the pursuit of ____________________________ is a waste of time and money in that what can be taken from the experience is not marketable and has no relevance to the real work force?
2. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet claims that to Liberals, the government has the responsibility of protecting anyone who claims to be what?
3. In Chapter 9: Chicago, Mamet writes that the culture of society could be summed up in one phrase, "That's how we do things in Chicago," the sub-text of which was what?
4. When was the play "American Buffalo" first produced?
5. When was the NAACP formed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mamet assert of the free market in Chapter 18: The Noble Savage?
2. How does Mamet describe the relationship between the Left and the State of Israel in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
3. How does Mamet describe Jane Fonda's political actions in Chapter 19: Adventure Slumming?
4. What comparison does Mamet make between Charles Manson and Che Guevara in Chapter 4: Alcatraz?
5. How does Mamet describe his youth in his native city in Chapter 9: Chicago?
6. How does Mamet relate Obama's campaign to the musical "The Music Man" in Chapter 6: "The Music Man"?
7. What warning did Nevil Shute give to the government in Chapter 14: R100? How was it received?
8. How is Nevil Shute introduced in Chapter 14: R100? What was Shute contracted to make?
9. How is the premise of "Let's Make a Deal" described in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
10. What question did Milton Friedman ask, according to Mamet in Chapter 10: Milton Friedman Explained? Where does Mamet believe government should and should not intervene?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)