|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, a group that knows nothing of the world's history plopped in an isolated area on earth has what one factor that keeps it together?
(a) Shared ability to see the future.
(c) Shared denial of reality.
(d) The human element.
2. When was Nevil Shute born?
3. What refers to a prohibition or interdiction of anything; exclusion from use or practice?
4. According to Mamet, who supported the concepts of fiscal conservatism, lower taxes and a strong military in the 2008 Presidential election?
5. In Chapter 3: Culture, School Shootings, the Audience, and the Elevator, Mamet writes that the pursuit of ____________________________ is a waste of time and money in that what can be taken from the experience is not marketable and has no relevance to the real work force?
(a) A liberal college education.
(c) An acting degree.
(d) Fast cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Milton Friedman born?
2. What name refers to a fictional Utopian lamasery high in the mountains of Tibet featured in the book "Lost Horizon"?
3. What is the setting of the play Glengarry Glen Ross?
4. Who was Vanessa Redgrave's father?
5. When was the State of Israel established?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mamet define culture in Chapter 3: Culture, School Shootings, the Audience, and the Elevator?
2. What values does Mamet claim the Democrats and Republicans espoused in the 2008 election in Chapter 1: The Political Impulse?
3. What does Mamet write about the meaning of the parting of the Red Sea in Chapter 8: The Red Sea?
4. What does Mamet say of the liberal concern for the victim in Chapter 16: The Victim?
5. How do liberal youths today relate to the book "Lost Horizon", according to Mamet in Chapter 5: Lost Horizon?
6. How does Mamet describe the change in Liberal Arts education in Chapter 5: Lost Horizon?
7. What does Mamet claim would be the outcome in Iran if people expressed freedom of thought in Chapter 17: Puritans?
8. How does Mamet describe the relationship between the Left and the State of Israel in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
9. How does Mamet describe the nature of laws in Chapter 13: Maxwell Street?
10. How is the premise of "Let's Make a Deal" described in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)