|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, the Left ascribes to a sharing of wealth but fails to answer what fundamental question?
(a) How important wealth is.
(b) What true wealth is.
(c) Where the wealth came from.
(d) What currency is the strongest.
2. What does Mamet assert would happen to the occupants of an Iranian vehicle with a bumper sticker with a Christian cross, a star of David and a Muslim crescent and the single word, "Co-Exist"?
(a) They would be forced to become muslims.
(b) Their hands would be cut off.
(c) They would be asked to leave.
(d) They would be beheaded.
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, a group that knows nothing of the world's history plopped in an isolated area on earth has what one factor that keeps it together?
(a) The human element.
(b) Shared ability to see the future.
(c) Shared denial of reality.
4. When was the State of Israel established?
5. In Chapter 10: Milton Friedman Explained, Mamet writes that as opposed to asking, "What are the decisions?" Milton Friedman posed what question?
(a) "Can't I make my own decisions".
(b) "Who makes decisions".
(c) "Decisions for who".
(d) "Who needs decisions".
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the play "The Music Man"?
2. What was the name of David Mamet's father?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, the denial of reality is one of the reasons the Left embraces what?
4. What aircraft crashed and burned after making it only 300 miles on a trans-Atlantic trip in Chapter 14: R100?
5. What term refers to the weapon equipment of a military vehicle, ship, or aircraft?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mamet describe his youth in his native city in Chapter 9: Chicago?
2. How does Mamet describe Homeland Security in Chapter 20: Cabinet Spiritualism and the Car Czar?
3. What does Mamet claim is the promise of the government in Chapter 9: Chicago?
4. How does Mamet relate Obama's campaign to the musical "The Music Man" in Chapter 6: "The Music Man"?
5. What does Mamet write about the meaning of the parting of the Red Sea in Chapter 8: The Red Sea?
6. How is Nevil Shute introduced in Chapter 14: R100? What was Shute contracted to make?
7. How does Mamet describe the change in Liberal Arts education in Chapter 5: Lost Horizon?
8. How does Mamet describe the relationship between the Left and the State of Israel in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
9. What does Mamet claim would be the outcome in Iran if people expressed freedom of thought in Chapter 17: Puritans?
10. What does Mamet assert the liberal viewpoint does to human creativity in Chapter 13: Maxwell Street?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)