|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what office was Sarah Palin elected in 1992?
(a) Russian Diplomat.
(b) State Senator of Alaska.
(c) Wasilla City Council.
(d) Governor of Alaska.
2. What executive orders did FDR institute which brought about a variety of programs designed to produce relief (government jobs for the unemployed), recovery (economic growth), and reform?
(a) The Good Deal.
(b) The New Deal.
(c) The Last Deal.
(d) The Fair Deal.
3. Mamet claims in Chapter 26: Feminism, that the left's dislike of Sarah Palin is in large part because she is what?
(a) A "worker".
4. What does Mamet define as the practice of indicting and assaulting others for their opinions or for sometimes just stating the truth in Chapter 24: Arrested Development?
(a) Persecution politics.
(b) Blind politics.
(c) Identity politics.
(d) Party politics.
5. What incumbent Republican did Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeat in winning the U.S. Presidency?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
6. What is a way the government generates revenues and which are based on proportions of earnings which is considered fair, according to Mamet?
7. In what year did the stock market crash, leading to the Great Depression?
8. Mamet claims in Chapter 21: Rumpelstiltskin that the Obama administration refuses to accept the fact that the West is threatened by what?
(a) Christian Evangelicism.
(b) Islamic Fascism.
9. Mamet claims in Chapter 38: Who Does One Think He Is? that the difference between fairness and equality is that the latter can be given what?
(a) A standard.
(c) To future generations.
(d) A value.
10. Who did David Mamet claim was a brilliant actress and comedienne but failed to meet the standards of the feminists of her day in Chapter 26: Feminism?
(a) Susan Sarandon.
(b) Lucille Ball.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Jane Fonda.
11. Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected President of the United States in what year?
12. Whose poem written for his son and containing many Christian references did Mamet read while at Camp Kawaga?
(a) William Shakespear's.
(b) General MacArthur's.
(c) Aldo Leopold's.
(d) Mark Twain's.
13. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling from what year?
14. Who wrote the Supreme Court's decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford?
(a) Associate Justice Antonin Scalia.
(b) Chief Justice Roger B. Taney.
(c) Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy.
(d) Associate Justice Clarence Thomas.
15. Mamet claims in Chapter 37: Late Revelations that the Obama campaign slogans suggested that change happens without what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Ashkenazi Jews were from where?
2. According to Mamet, the United Nations destroyed the image of America by identifying the nation as what?
3. Where was Saul Alinsky born?
4. What is defined as an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes?
5. In Chapter 23: Greed, Mamet claims that in the liberal view, those who take more than their "fair share" should be what?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)