|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Saul David Alinsky die?
2. What book did David Mamet write about filmmaking?
(a) Films for Dummies.
(b) On Directing Film.
(c) All About Film and Filmmaking.
(d) Directing the Future.
3. What is defined as an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes?
4. What is defined as something that incites or tends to incite to action or greater effort, as a reward offered for increased productivity?
5. Mamet claims in Chapter 37: Late Revelations that the Obama campaign slogans suggested that change happens without what?
6. Who did David Mamet claim was a brilliant actress and comedienne but failed to meet the standards of the feminists of her day in Chapter 26: Feminism?
(a) Susan Sarandon.
(b) Jane Fonda.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) Lucille Ball.
7. Mamet writes in Chapter 34: Hope and Change, that a democracy doesn't elect the best people in the country for what reason?
(a) They aren't as popular.
(b) They don't raise enough funds.
(c) They generally don't run.
(d) They represent a third party.
8. Roughly when did the Cold War begin?
9. Mamet claims in Chapter 33: Self-Evident Truth, that the people should save their abstract such as hope and their spiritual beliefs for what?
(b) The dinner table.
(c) The weekend.
10. It is Mamet's opinion in Chapter 22: My Father, Al Sharpton, and the Designated Criminal that who sends the message everyday that America has surrendered and is ready to be taken over by our enemies?
(a) George W. Bush.
(b) Howard Stern.
(c) Sarah Palin.
(d) Barack Obama.
11. What incumbent Republican did Franklin Delano Roosevelt defeat in winning the U.S. Presidency?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) John Adams.
(d) Herbert Hoover.
12. Mamet claims in Chapter 31: Breatharian, that government intervention serves to do what?
(a) Create regulations and taxes.
(b) Retard the advancement of man.
(c) Complicate simple tasks.
(d) Advance the understandings of man.
13. In 1987, Mamet made his film directing debut with what movie?
(a) House of Games.
(b) Signs of Sorrow.
(c) City of Angels.
(d) Field of Flowers.
14. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling from what year?
15. According to Mamet in Chapter 29: The Family, liberal universities mislead students by teaching them that society is susceptible to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Franklin Delano Roosevelt born?
2. Although Camp Kawaga in Chicago that Mamet attended was a summer camp for Jewish children, they were forced to take part in what?
3. In Chapter 32: The Street Sweeper and the Surgeon, or Marxism Examined, Mamet claims that while it's absurd to judge that someone is not capable of a certain position because of his race, it is just as absurd to do what?
4. Where was Al Sharpton born?
5. Freedom of speech in the United States is protected by what Amendment to the U.S. Constitution?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)