|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the novel "Lost Horizon"?
(a) James Hilton.
(b) Chadwick Roberts.
(c) Randall Morris.
(d) Edmund King.
2. According to Mamet, the Left ascribes to a sharing of wealth but fails to answer what fundamental question?
(a) What currency is the strongest.
(b) How important wealth is.
(c) Where the wealth came from.
(d) What true wealth is.
3. Who wrote the book, music and lyrics for the play "The Music Man"?
(a) Rebecca Matthews.
(b) Erica Reynolds.
(c) Nancy Edwards.
(d) Meredith Willson.
4. Maxwell Street refers to a famous street in what city?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
5. Where is Alcatraz Island located?
(a) San Francisco Bay.
(b) The Sea of Cortez.
(c) Puget Sound.
(d) Humboldt Bay.
6. In Chapter 16: The Victim, Mamet writes that the liberal concern for the "victim" is merely an attempt to do what?
(a) Raise money.
(b) Evoke a religious, spiritual feeling.
(c) Attain power and fame.
(d) Be martyrs.
7. What does Mamet claim the Jews of the State of Israel want in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
(a) To rely on the might of the U.S.
(b) To provoke the Palestinians.
(c) To protect their borders and live in peace.
(d) To take over more land.
8. What term refers to the weapon equipment of a military vehicle, ship, or aircraft?
(c) Apparatus of death.
9. In Chapter 3: Culture, School Shootings, the Audience, and the Elevator, Mamet writes that the pursuit of ____________________________ is a waste of time and money in that what can be taken from the experience is not marketable and has no relevance to the real work force?
(a) Fast cars.
(b) A liberal college education.
(c) An acting degree.
10. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet writes that although the Constitution gives the power to declare war to the Congress, who declared war on Japan and then got Congress' approval?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
11. According to Mamet, who supported the concepts of fiscal conservatism, lower taxes and a strong military in the 2008 Presidential election?
12. When did a non-violent counterrevolution overthrow the Communists in East Germany?
13. At what institution did Milton Friedman teach for over three decades?
(a) Stanford University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Loyola University.
14. For what field was Milton Friedman a recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize?
(c) Economic Sciences.
15. What refers to an economic system in which prices and wages are determined by unrestricted competition between businesses, without government regulation or fear of monopolies?
(a) Wreckless market.
(b) Free market.
(c) Leashed market.
(d) Caged market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What economist makes the observation that aid to a developing country actually impedes that development in Chapter 6: The Music Man?
2. What television game show is referenced in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
3. What was the name of David Mamet's father?
4. Where was Vanessa Redgrave born?
5. When was Milton Friedman born?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)