|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the novel "Lost Horizon" published?
2. When was Jane Fonda born?
3. What refers to an economic system in which prices and wages are determined by unrestricted competition between businesses, without government regulation or fear of monopolies?
(a) Leashed market.
(b) Wreckless market.
(c) Free market.
(d) Caged market.
4. The United States Presidential election of 2008 was numbered what quadrennial presidential election?
5. What is the setting of the play Glengarry Glen Ross?
(c) New York.
6. Where was Vanessa Redgrave born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Rome, Italy.
7. According to Mamet, who supported the concepts of fiscal conservatism, lower taxes and a strong military in the 2008 Presidential election?
8. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, a group that knows nothing of the world's history plopped in an isolated area on earth has what one factor that keeps it together?
(b) The human element.
(c) Shared ability to see the future.
(d) Shared denial of reality.
9. What is defined as a suspicion of, hatred toward, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage?
(a) Anti Semitism.
(b) Anti Palestinianism.
(c) Anti Judaism.
(d) Anti Israelism.
10. What does Mamet claim Jane Fonda did in visiting Hanoi and being photographed seated on an anti-aircraft battery?
(a) Impressed the prsident.
(b) Ended the war.
(c) Committed treason.
(d) Enraged the Japanese.
11. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, the denial of reality is one of the reasons the Left embraces what?
12. According to Mamet, the Left ascribes to a sharing of wealth but fails to answer what fundamental question?
(a) What currency is the strongest.
(b) How important wealth is.
(c) What true wealth is.
(d) Where the wealth came from.
13. What was the name of David Mamet's father?
(a) Marcus Robert Mamet.
(b) Herbert David Mamet.
(c) James Russel Mamet.
(d) Bernard Morris Mamet.
14. Who wrote the novel "Lost Horizon"?
(a) James Hilton.
(b) Edmund King.
(c) Randall Morris.
(d) Chadwick Roberts.
15. What economist makes the observation that aid to a developing country actually impedes that development in Chapter 6: The Music Man?
(a) Carl Menger.
(b) Wilhelm Röpke.
(c) Dambisa Moyo.
(d) Paul Krugman.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what field was Milton Friedman a recipient of the Nobel Memorial Prize?
2. What refers to a series of four coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda upon the United States?
3. What name refers to a fictional Utopian lamasery high in the mountains of Tibet featured in the book "Lost Horizon"?
4. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet claims that the Socialist vision of society, of taking care of the weak and downtrodden, only serves to do what?
5. Mamet claims in Chapter 18: The Noble Savage that Conservatives believe in ______ which is not a fantasy and which is a proven success.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)