|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9: Chicago, Mamet writes that the Left demands that the country continue to feel guilty about what?
(a) The space race.
(b) The Great Depression.
(c) World War II.
2. What television game show is referenced in Chapter 12: The Monty Hall Problem and the Contractor?
(a) "Wheel of Fortune".
(b) "The Price is Right".
(c) "Family Feud".
(d) "Let's Make a Deal".
3. Mamet has mused that he'd rather deal with a crooked cop than what in Chapter 9: Chicago?
(a) The mayor.
(b) A baseball player.
(c) A bureaucrat.
(d) The mafia.
4. Who was the Democratic candidate in the 2008 Presidential election?
(a) Joe Biden.
(b) Barack Obama.
(c) Sarah Palin.
(d) John McCain.
5. The United States Presidential election of 2008 was numbered what quadrennial presidential election?
6. Who was the Republican candidate for President in the 2008 election?
(a) John McCain.
(b) Barack Obama.
(c) Joe Biden.
(d) Sarah Palin.
7. When was Milton Friedman born?
8. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, a group that knows nothing of the world's history plopped in an isolated area on earth has what one factor that keeps it together?
(a) Shared ability to see the future.
(c) Shared denial of reality.
(d) The human element.
9. Who was Vanessa Redgrave's father?
(a) Sir Michael Redgrave.
(b) Sir Newman James.
(c) Sir James Murphy.
(d) Sir Albert Hutchman.
10. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet writes that although the Constitution gives the power to declare war to the Congress, who declared war on Japan and then got Congress' approval?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
11. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet claims that the Socialist vision of society, of taking care of the weak and downtrodden, only serves to do what?
(a) Tear at the fabric of our nation.
(b) Make America less prosperous.
(c) Encourage dependability on the government.
(d) Curb creativity and human imagination.
12. In what year did Jane Fonda visit Hanoi, where she was photographed seated on an anti-aircraft battery?
13. According to Mamet in Chapter 1: The Political Impulse, justice was seen by the Left as meaning what?
(a) The right to a fair trial.
(b) An increase in civil rights.
(c) Community service.
14. Who is the protagonist of the novel "Lost Horizon"?
(a) Ralph Buckingham.
(b) Jack Jenkins.
(c) Albert Yonders.
(d) Hugh Conway.
15. What thriving industry did California tax out of the state, according to Mamet in Chapter 14: R100?
(b) Scientific research.
(d) The film industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Jane Fonda born?
2. When was Sigmund Freud born?
3. What is defined as a suspicion of, hatred toward, or discrimination against Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage?
4. In Chapter 16: The Victim, Mamet writes that when six houses were destroyed in an incursion into Palestinian territory by the Israelis, it was depicted in Western media as what?
5. Who was the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate in the 2008 election?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)