|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of David Mamet's father?
(a) Bernard Morris Mamet.
(b) James Russel Mamet.
(c) Marcus Robert Mamet.
(d) Herbert David Mamet.
2. Mamet writes in Chapter 10: Milton Friedman Explained that the advantage that free enterprise has over the state is that it can what?
(a) More easily and effectively correct itself.
(b) Change prices and values easier.
(c) It can advertise.
(d) It can skirt regulations easier.
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, what contains the wisdom from which the laws and the traditions of the West originate?
(a) Common sense.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Cosmos.
4. When did the term Homeland Security first arise, following a reorganization of many U.S. government agencies?
5. Who is the protagonist of the novel "Lost Horizon"?
(a) Ralph Buckingham.
(b) Hugh Conway.
(c) Jack Jenkins.
(d) Albert Yonders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet writes in Chapter 11: What is "Diversity?" that a liberal education teaches children to dismantle and disparage what?
2. In Chapter 17: Puritans, Mamet writes that liberals apply what to all people and causes?
3. When was Vanessa Redgrave born?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 7: Choice, a group that knows nothing of the world's history plopped in an isolated area on earth has what one factor that keeps it together?
5. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet writes that although the Constitution gives the power to declare war to the Congress, who declared war on Japan and then got Congress' approval?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)