|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 through 36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Republican candidate for President in the 2008 election?
(a) Sarah Palin.
(b) John McCain.
(c) Barack Obama.
(d) Joe Biden.
2. Dred Scott v. Sandford was a ruling from what year?
3. When was Vanessa Redgrave born?
4. What is defined as an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment?
5. What is defined as the preservation of different cultures or cultural identities within a unified society, as a state or nation?
(a) Sovereign nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet claims in Chapter 35: The Small Refrigerator, that the biggest fault of his generation is what?
2. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet writes that although the Constitution gives the power to declare war to the Congress, who declared war on Japan and then got Congress' approval?
3. When was Nevil Shute born?
4. Franklin Delano Roosevelt was elected President of the United States in what year?
5. In Chapter 9: Chicago, Mamet writes that the culture of society could be summed up in one phrase, "That's how we do things in Chicago," the sub-text of which was what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)