|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name refers to a fictional Utopian lamasery high in the mountains of Tibet featured in the book "Lost Horizon"?
2. What thriving industry did California tax out of the state, according to Mamet in Chapter 14: R100?
(a) The film industry.
(c) Scientific research.
3. What refers to a prohibition or interdiction of anything; exclusion from use or practice?
4. In 1969, Al Sharpton was appointed by whom as youth director of Operation Breadbasket, a group that focused on the promotion of new and better jobs for African-Americans?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
5. What actor was Jane Fonda's father?
(a) Henry Fonda.
(b) James Fonda.
(c) Robert Fonda.
(d) Mitchell Fonda.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being an aeronautical engineer, Nevil Shute was also what?
2. Mamet writes in Chapter 11: What is "Diversity?" that buying into the "change" that Obama has promised will cause the descent of the nation into what?
3. When was the State of Israel established?
4. According to Mamet, a democracy is created with the intention of ensuring that no one suffers from the state which can only be accomplished by doing what?
5. In Chapter 13: Maxwell Street, Mamet claims that the Socialist vision of society, of taking care of the weak and downtrodden, only serves to do what?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)