|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What alibi does Henry invent to account for the group's time during the time of Bunny's murder?
2. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
3. What happens to Richard in his nightmare after Bunny's funeral?
4. How does Hampden College handle Bunny's death and ensuing investigation?
5. When Richard confronts Camilla about her brother, what does Camilla show him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bunny's friends at school respond to his death? What do they think happened to him?
2. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
3. Where is Marion during Bunny's disappearance? What about her behavior seems unusual to the group?
4. In the days before the funeral, what captures the attention of Bunny's family the most? Why are they concerned, and what does their concern confirm for Richard about Bunny's family?
5. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
6. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
7. What happens the day after Bunny's murder that changes the group's plans significantly?
8. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
9. After Bunny dies, what positive qualities about his personality come to light from his other friends at school?
10. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, there is only one character who seems to have come out of the experience at Hampden College intact. Who is that character? What does he do after Henry's death that is so much more than any of the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
In the first chapter, Richard explains had he remained in California, he "might have ended up in a cult." How important is the statement to the story? Explain how this statement is an example of the use of irony in a novel.
Essay Topic 3
What are the events that lead to Julian Morrow's departure from Hampden? How does his departure affect the group? Do their opinions of and feelings for Julian change?
This section contains 1,199 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)