|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
2. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
3. What suggestion does Henry make to Richard when Richard admits he is very worried after Bunny's murder?
4. How old is Bunny when he is murdered?
5. What game does the group play while Charles and Cloke go to Bunny's dorm room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Camilla reveal to Richard about her brother after she has moved out of the apartment she shares with Charles? How does Richard respond?
2. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
3. What does the doctor in the emergency room recommend for Francis? Why? What does Francis tell Henry about his childhood?
4. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
5. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
6. How does the search for Bunny finally come to a climax? Who is involved with the investigation at that point?
7. What does Richard begin to understand about Henry as the novel draws to its climax?
8. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
9. How do the group members relate to each other following Bunny's funeral? Why does Richard think they are all reacting this way?
10. After Bunny dies, what positive qualities about his personality come to light from his other friends at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"It was the most important night of my life. It enabled me to do what I've always wanted to do, to live without thinking." Which character says this, and why? What does he mean?
Essay Topic 2
Setting is often an important element of a novel. Describe the setting of this story. How does the setting affect this novel? Why is it important to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Richard want to become part of Prof. Morrow's class? Why does he want to become friends with the quirky and secretive group of Prof. Morrow's students? What compels him to withstand their rude treatment of him?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)