|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom has Julian received a letter on Friday when Richard and Francis stop by?
2. What new rumor begins circulating about Bunny when he is reported missing?
3. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
4. What brand of cigarettes does Camilla pull from her pocket when talking with Richard about her brother?
5. Where does Richard take Francis in the middle of the night on Sunday night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
2. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
3. How does the search for Bunny finally come to a climax? Who is involved with the investigation at that point?
4. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
5. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
6. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
7. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
8. Where is Marion during Bunny's disappearance? What about her behavior seems unusual to the group?
9. What happens to the main characters at the climax of the story?
10. What does the doctor in the emergency room recommend for Francis? Why? What does Francis tell Henry about his childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the end, there is only one character who seems to have come out of the experience at Hampden College intact. Who is that character? What does he do after Henry's death that is so much more than any of the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
In the first chapter, Richard explains had he remained in California, he "might have ended up in a cult." How important is the statement to the story? Explain how this statement is an example of the use of irony in a novel.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Richard want to become part of Prof. Morrow's class? Why does he want to become friends with the quirky and secretive group of Prof. Morrow's students? What compels him to withstand their rude treatment of him?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)