|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
(a) To find Charles.
(b) To Judy Poovey's room.
(c) To buy a six pack of beer.
(d) To find Camilla.
2. What does Mr. Corcoran offer the group after his violent mood swing after they arrive at the house?
3. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Stilted and formal.
(d) Friendly and newsy.
4. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
(a) He was tremendously overweight.
(b) HIs dysfunctional family is to blame.
(c) He had no friends and was an outcast.
(d) He was overwhelmed by school work.
5. Why do Richard an Francis go to see Julian on their way to see Charles on Friday?
(a) To ask if he had any messages for Charles.
(b) To ask what will happen to their grades due to missed classes.
(c) To ask whether he has heard from Henry.
(d) To ask if he would like to go with them to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Shady Brook'?
2. How old is Bunny when he is murdered?
3. What do the police officers find in Bunny's room when they are called in to help find Bunny?
4. What is the motto of Hampden College?
5. From whom has Julian received a letter on Friday when Richard and Francis stop by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group manage as the guests of the Corcorans in the days before Bunny's funeral?
2. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
3. In the days before the funeral, what captures the attention of Bunny's family the most? Why are they concerned, and what does their concern confirm for Richard about Bunny's family?
4. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
5. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
6. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
7. Why is Charles arrested during the month following Bunny's murder? Why is Henry concerned about this?
8. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
9. What does the doctor in the emergency room recommend for Francis? Why? What does Francis tell Henry about his childhood?
10. Where is Marion during Bunny's disappearance? What about her behavior seems unusual to the group?
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)