|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
(a) A study of Victorian murderesses.
(b) A copy of Mycenaean inscriptions from Knossos.
(c) A translation of Gregory of Tours.
(d) A biography of Cortes.
2. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
(a) Bloody Mary's.
(c) Scotch and waters.
(d) Gin and tonics.
3. What does Charles say he and Camilla did the night after the murder?
(a) Cleaned house.
(b) Drank alcohol.
(c) Drove into town.
(d) Took a walk.
4. What drug does Richard take from Judy while he is in her room?
5. What does Richard find in Charles' apartment that reminds him of Bunny?
(a) Pecan Sandies.
(b) Hershey's Kisses.
(d) Horlick's malted milk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Henry make to Richard when Richard admits he is very worried after Bunny's murder?
2. What flowers do Charles and Camilla cut and bring into their home before the snow begins to fall?
3. What brand of cigarettes does Camilla pull from her pocket when talking with Richard about her brother?
4. What is "Shady Brook'?
5. What does Henry have Charles bring to Richard on the morning before Greek class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor in the emergency room recommend for Francis? Why? What does Francis tell Henry about his childhood?
2. How do the police finally become involved in the search for Bunny's body? How do the group members react to the police involvement?
3. How do Bunny's friends at school respond to his death? What do they think happened to him?
4. In the days before the funeral, what captures the attention of Bunny's family the most? Why are they concerned, and what does their concern confirm for Richard about Bunny's family?
5. How does the group manage as the guests of the Corcorans in the days before Bunny's funeral?
6. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
7. Why does Charles become enraged with Henry? What does he believe Henry is trying to do?
8. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
9. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
10. How do the group members relate to each other following Bunny's funeral? Why does Richard think they are all reacting this way?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)