|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who answers the door when the group arrives at the Corcoran's home?
(a) The servant.
(b) Bunny's father.
(c) Bunny's sister.
(d) Bunny's mother.
2. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
(a) That he committed suicide.
(b) That he was a drug dealer.
(c) That he died dishonorably drunk.
(d) That he had cancer.
3. When Charles sees Richard on Sunday night, for what does he ask?
(a) The key to Richard's room.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Bunny's picture.
4. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
(b) Bloody Mary's.
(c) Gin and tonics.
(d) Scotch and waters.
5. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Sad and lonely.
(b) Friendly and newsy.
(c) Stilted and formal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
2. Where does Richard go on Sunday night after Bunny's funeral when he is feeling particularly lonely?
3. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral?
4. What alibi does Henry invent to account for the group's time during the time of Bunny's murder?
5. Why are Camilla and Richard in Mrs. Corcoran's bathroom the day before the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral? Of what does Richard feel this and the other arguments among the group members is symptomatic?
2. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
3. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
4. What happens the day after Bunny's murder that changes the group's plans significantly?
5. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
6. How do the group members relate to each other following Bunny's funeral? Why does Richard think they are all reacting this way?
7. How do the police finally become involved in the search for Bunny's body? How do the group members react to the police involvement?
8. Why does Charles become enraged with Henry? What does he believe Henry is trying to do?
9. What does Camilla reveal to Richard about her brother after she has moved out of the apartment she shares with Charles? How does Richard respond?
10. What does Richard begin to understand about Henry as the novel draws to its climax?
This section contains 1,279 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)