|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alibi does Henry invent to account for the group's time during the time of Bunny's murder?
(a) They are driving to another town.
(b) They are shopping at the local grocery.
(c) They are studying at the library.
(d) They are at a double feature at the Orpheum.
2. What does the college president say about Bunny?
(a) "He was a brave man."
(b) "He touched people's lives."
(c) "He was the spirit of the college."
(d) "He was a mystery to us all."
3. What does Richard witness in Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles returns from jail that astounds him?
(a) Charles and Camilla kissing.
(b) Charles and Marion kissing.
(c) Henry and Camilla kissing.
(d) Judy and Charles kissing.
4. Who answers the door when the group arrives at the Corcoran's home?
(a) Bunny's father.
(b) The servant.
(c) Bunny's sister.
(d) Bunny's mother.
5. What does Richard think is the most striking object on the playground at the Early Childhood Center?
(a) The giant snail.
(b) The ball pit.
(c) The twelve-swing swing set.
(d) The gigantic see-saw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry go after Bunny's body is found?
2. What game does the group play while Charles and Cloke go to Bunny's dorm room?
3. Who takes care of Richard during the period before Bunny's funeral?
4. What does Camilla tell Richard when she wakes him up the morning after the police search of Bunny's room?
5. From whom has Julian received a letter on Friday when Richard and Francis stop by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
2. What does Camilla reveal to Richard about her brother after she has moved out of the apartment she shares with Charles? How does Richard respond?
3. How do the police finally become involved in the search for Bunny's body? How do the group members react to the police involvement?
4. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
5. What happens to the main characters at the climax of the story?
6. Why is Charles arrested during the month following Bunny's murder? Why is Henry concerned about this?
7. How do Bunny's friends at school respond to his death? What do they think happened to him?
8. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
9. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
10. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
This section contains 1,323 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)