|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard think is the most striking object on the playground at the Early Childhood Center?
(a) The twelve-swing swing set.
(b) The giant snail.
(c) The ball pit.
(d) The gigantic see-saw.
2. Where does Richard go after he leaves the off-campus party two days after the funeral?
(a) To his dorm room.
(b) To Dr. Roland's office.
(c) To see Camilla.
(d) To Julian's office.
3. How does Henry respond to Charles' astonishment over the fact that they have actually killed Bunny?
(a) "I think everyone would be relieved."
(b) "I am not above murder."
(c) "I prefer to think of it as a redistribution of matter."
(d) "I think of it as justifiable homicide."
4. Why do Richard an Francis go to see Julian on their way to see Charles on Friday?
(a) To ask whether he has heard from Henry.
(b) To ask what will happen to their grades due to missed classes.
(c) To ask if he had any messages for Charles.
(d) To ask if he would like to go with them to the hospital.
5. What does Richard witness in Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles returns from jail that astounds him?
(a) Charles and Camilla kissing.
(b) Henry and Camilla kissing.
(c) Judy and Charles kissing.
(d) Charles and Marion kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of cigarettes does Camilla pull from her pocket when talking with Richard about her brother?
2. What is Thirsty Thursday?
3. How does Hampden College handle Bunny's death and ensuing investigation?
4. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
5. What does Charles find in Bunny's room and bring back for the group to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charles become enraged with Henry? What does he believe Henry is trying to do?
2. How do the group members relate to each other following Bunny's funeral? Why does Richard think they are all reacting this way?
3. What happens the day after Bunny's murder that changes the group's plans significantly?
4. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
5. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
6. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
7. In the days before the funeral, what captures the attention of Bunny's family the most? Why are they concerned, and what does their concern confirm for Richard about Bunny's family?
8. After Bunny dies, what positive qualities about his personality come to light from his other friends at school?
9. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral? Of what does Richard feel this and the other arguments among the group members is symptomatic?
10. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
This section contains 1,334 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)