|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the mirror in Charles and Camilla's apartment cracked?
(a) Camilla falls off a ladder and lands on the mirror which is on the floor.
(b) Charles falls off a ladder and lands on the mirror which is on the floor.
(c) Camilla cracks the mirror when she steps on it.
(d) Charles cracks the mirror in the car bringing it home.
2. How old is Bunny when he is murdered?
3. What does Charles find in Bunny's room and bring back for the group to see?
(a) A letter Bunny had written to his mother.
(b) An engagement ring for Marion.
(c) The newspaper article about the murder of the farmer.
(d) A bottle of very expensive French wine.
4. What does Judy Poovey tell Richard in the hall when she sees him the day after Jake Teitelbaum's party?
(a) That Mona Beale is in love with Richard.
(b) That she is in love with Richard.
(c) That Mona Beale has a violent boyfirend.
(d) That the snow has not stopped falling outside.
5. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
(a) To buy a six pack of beer.
(b) To find Charles.
(c) To Judy Poovey's room.
(d) To find Camilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Shady Brook'?
2. What does Rika, Marion's friend, claim to have seen on the day of Henry's call to Marion?
3. How does Hampden College handle Bunny's death and ensuing investigation?
4. How do the members of the group spend their first dew days back at college after Bunny's funeral?
5. What game does the group play while Charles and Cloke go to Bunny's dorm room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group manage as the guests of the Corcorans in the days before Bunny's funeral?
2. After Bunny dies, what positive qualities about his personality come to light from his other friends at school?
3. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
4. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
5. What does Richard begin to understand about Henry as the novel draws to its climax?
6. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
7. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
8. Where is Marion during Bunny's disappearance? What about her behavior seems unusual to the group?
9. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
10. How do the group members relate to each other following Bunny's funeral? Why does Richard think they are all reacting this way?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)