|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the members of the group spend their first dew days back at college after Bunny's funeral?
(a) They stay away from each other.
(b) They leave for a weekend at Francis' farm.
(c) They take the train to New York.
(d) They go back to the site of the murder.
2. What does Richard find in Charles' apartment that reminds him of Bunny?
(a) Pecan Sandies.
(b) Hershey's Kisses.
(c) Horlick's malted milk.
3. What does the college president say about Bunny?
(a) "He touched people's lives."
(b) "He was the spirit of the college."
(c) "He was a brave man."
(d) "He was a mystery to us all."
4. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
(a) That he had cancer.
(b) That he was a drug dealer.
(c) That he died dishonorably drunk.
(d) That he committed suicide.
5. What does Rika, Marion's friend, claim to have seen on the day of Henry's call to Marion?
(a) Bunny getting into a cab outside of school.
(b) Bunny standing outside of a bank in town.
(c) Bunny eating lunch at a local diner.
(d) Bunny reading in the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral?
2. Who does Richard bump into on his way home from Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles is released from jail?
3. Why does Henry suggest they call Marion and confirm that no one has seen Bunny for three days?
4. What does Henry overhear the Corcorans talking about before Bunny's funeral?
5. What does Camilla tell Richard when she wakes him up the morning after the police search of Bunny's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group manage as the guests of the Corcorans in the days before Bunny's funeral?
2. What does Camilla reveal to Richard about her brother after she has moved out of the apartment she shares with Charles? How does Richard respond?
3. Why does Charles become enraged with Henry? What does he believe Henry is trying to do?
4. How does the search for Bunny finally come to a climax? Who is involved with the investigation at that point?
5. What does the doctor in the emergency room recommend for Francis? Why? What does Francis tell Henry about his childhood?
6. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
7. What does Richard begin to understand about Henry as the novel draws to its climax?
8. Where is Marion during Bunny's disappearance? What about her behavior seems unusual to the group?
9. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
10. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral? Of what does Richard feel this and the other arguments among the group members is symptomatic?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)