|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Shady Brook'?
(a) A suburb of New Haven.
(b) A suburb of Boston.
(c) A new housing development near Hartford.
(d) A country club subdividion.
2. Why do Richard an Francis go to see Julian on their way to see Charles on Friday?
(a) To ask whether he has heard from Henry.
(b) To ask what will happen to their grades due to missed classes.
(c) To ask if he would like to go with them to the hospital.
(d) To ask if he had any messages for Charles.
3. What does Camilla tell Richard when she wakes him up the morning after the police search of Bunny's room?
(a) Julian has called her asking about Bunny.
(b) Reporters and police are all over the campus.
(c) The snow has continued for another full day.
(d) She is in love with him.
4. How does Richard describe Bunny's memory at the college?
(a) He is remembered as a "strong and dedicated student."
(b) He is remembered as a "stumbling teen inebriate."
(c) He is remembered as a "Greek scholar."
(d) He is not really remembered at all.
5. What flowers do Charles and Camilla cut and bring into their home before the snow begins to fall?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of Richard during the period before Bunny's funeral?
2. What does Rika, Marion's friend, claim to have seen on the day of Henry's call to Marion?
3. Where does Charles tell Richard he is spending the summer?
4. Where is Charles' apartment located?
5. How does Henry respond to Charles' astonishment over the fact that they have actually killed Bunny?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the days before the funeral, what captures the attention of Bunny's family the most? Why are they concerned, and what does their concern confirm for Richard about Bunny's family?
2. What happens the day after Bunny's murder that changes the group's plans significantly?
3. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
4. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
5. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
6. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
7. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
8. Why does Charles become enraged with Henry? What does he believe Henry is trying to do?
9. What does Richard begin to understand about Henry as the novel draws to its climax?
10. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)