|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry have Charles bring to Richard on the morning before Greek class?
(a) His notes on the reading assignment.
(b) The book Julian wanted them to read over the weekend.
(c) A letter from his parents in California.
(d) A copy of a Greek sonnet to recite in class.
2. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
(a) He was overwhelmed by school work.
(b) He had no friends and was an outcast.
(c) He was tremendously overweight.
(d) HIs dysfunctional family is to blame.
3. Where is Charles' apartment located?
(a) In North Hampden.
(b) In South Hampden.
(c) In the same building as Julian's.
(d) Next door to the college.
4. How does Henry respond to Charles' astonishment over the fact that they have actually killed Bunny?
(a) "I prefer to think of it as a redistribution of matter."
(b) "I think of it as justifiable homicide."
(c) "I am not above murder."
(d) "I think everyone would be relieved."
5. What does Mr. Corcoran offer the group after his violent mood swing after they arrive at the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Richard an Francis go to see Julian on their way to see Charles on Friday?
2. What does Camilla tell Richard when she wakes him up the morning after the police search of Bunny's room?
3. What suggestion does Henry make to Richard when Richard admits he is very worried after Bunny's murder?
4. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
5. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the main characters at the climax of the story?
2. How do Bunny's friends at school respond to his death? What do they think happened to him?
3. How does the search for Bunny finally come to a climax? Who is involved with the investigation at that point?
4. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
5. Why is Charles arrested during the month following Bunny's murder? Why is Henry concerned about this?
6. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
7. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
8. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
9. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
10. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)