|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry reading when the group arrives at the Corcoran house before the funeral?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Illiad.
(d) The Upanishads.
2. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
(a) A translation of Gregory of Tours.
(b) A copy of Mycenaean inscriptions from Knossos.
(c) A biography of Cortes.
(d) A study of Victorian murderesses.
3. What does the college president say about Bunny?
(a) "He touched people's lives."
(b) "He was a mystery to us all."
(c) "He was a brave man."
(d) "He was the spirit of the college."
4. What does Henry have Charles bring to Richard on the morning before Greek class?
(a) His notes on the reading assignment.
(b) The book Julian wanted them to read over the weekend.
(c) A letter from his parents in California.
(d) A copy of a Greek sonnet to recite in class.
5. Where does Henry go after Bunny's body is found?
(a) To Francis' house in the country.
(b) To Julian's house in New Haven.
(c) To Maine with the Corcorans.
(d) To Connecticut with the Corcorans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charles say he and Camilla did the night after the murder?
2. What does Henry tell Julian while Richard and Francis are in the office?
3. What new rumor begins circulating about Bunny when he is reported missing?
4. When Francis and Sophie wake Richard the morning after they are all drunk together, what does Francis say to Richard in Greek?
5. What brand of cigarettes does Camilla pull from her pocket when talking with Richard about her brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Bunny's parents react to his disappearance? What does Richard think of their reaction?
2. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral? Of what does Richard feel this and the other arguments among the group members is symptomatic?
3. What information does Cloke provide that causes the members of the group to realize the focus of the investigation might shift away from any suspicion being directed at them?
4. What poem does Henry read at Bunny's funeral and why? How does Richard respond to Henry's choice?
5. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
6. What do the members of the group find peculiar about Bunny's father the day before the funeral?
7. How does Richard's behavior change after the discovery of Bunny's body?
8. Why is Charles arrested during the month following Bunny's murder? Why is Henry concerned about this?
9. How does the search for Bunny finally come to a climax? Who is involved with the investigation at that point?
10. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)