|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rides in the car with Richard and Francis to Bunny' parent's home before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Sophie Dearbold.
(b) Camilla Brooks.
(c) Judy Poovey.
(d) Rachel Lengsmith.
2. When Charles sees Richard on Sunday night, for what does he ask?
(a) The key to Richard's room.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Bunny's picture.
(d) Five dollars.
3. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
(a) That he was a drug dealer.
(b) That he had cancer.
(c) That he died dishonorably drunk.
(d) That he committed suicide.
4. How does Hampden College handle Bunny's death and ensuing investigation?
(a) The college fires Julian Morrow.
(b) The college expels Cloke and puts the group on probation.
(c) The college hires lawyers to defend Henry and Cloke.
(d) The college tries to cover it up to prevent more bad press.
5. Who answers the door when the group arrives at the Corcoran's home?
(a) Bunny's mother.
(b) Bunny's father.
(c) The servant.
(d) Bunny's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suggestion does Henry make to Richard when Richard admits he is very worried after Bunny's murder?
2. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
3. What does the letter Richard receives from Julian before Bunny's funeral tell him?
4. What book does Henry quote at the end his letter to Richard before Bunny's funeral?
5. What flowers do Charles and Camilla cut and bring into their home before the snow begins to fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the days before the funeral, what captures the attention of Bunny's family the most? Why are they concerned, and what does their concern confirm for Richard about Bunny's family?
2. After Bunny dies, what positive qualities about his personality come to light from his other friends at school?
3. How do the group members relate to each other following Bunny's funeral? Why does Richard think they are all reacting this way?
4. How does the group manage as the guests of the Corcorans in the days before Bunny's funeral?
5. Why does Charles become enraged with Henry? What does he believe Henry is trying to do?
6. What in Bunny's letter found after his death reveals to Henry that the letter is not a prank but actually written by Bunny?
7. What does the doctor in the emergency room recommend for Francis? Why? What does Francis tell Henry about his childhood?
8. Who is Cloke, and how does he appear in the story? What is important about his appearance?
9. What issue does Richard struggle with after Bunny's death? To what does he attribute the group's actions?
10. How does the search for Bunny finally come to a climax? Who is involved with the investigation at that point?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)