|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richard identify as the one opportunity he has to disengage from the group?
(a) When he returns to classes and his job.
(b) When winter break comes again next year.
(c) When he came to Hampden.
(d) When he leaves Henry's apartment after learning of the murder.
2. To what subject does Richard switch his major without his parents' knowledge?
3. How does the group react when they learn Henry has told Richard all about the bacchanal?
(a) They are relieved they no longer have to keep secrets from Richard.
(b) They are upset and think he should not have been brought into things.
(c) They are upset and afraid Richard will tell the police.
(d) They are concerned Henry is having a nervous breakdown.
4. How many students are in Prof. Morrow's Greek class at the beginning of the semester?
5. How does Richard get to the warehouse in East Hampton?
(a) He hitches a ride on a truck.
(b) He takes a taxi.
(c) He walks in the cold.
(d) He rides a bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard dread as the end of his first term at Hampden draws near?
2. Why does Judy Poovey dislike Henry?
3. What does Richard realize when he is eating the back-to-school dinner alone in the commons?
4. Where does Richard find a job at school?
5. How does Camilla react in the days following the murder in the field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements does Richard make for winter break? Where does he go to find help? What does he find when he moves into his new place?
2. Charles and Camilla tell Richard about Henry's education. What does Richard learn about Henry in this conversation? Why is he surprised?
3. What surprises Richard when he enters the Greek class on the Monday after learning of Henry's plans to leave the country with Francis, Camilla and Charles? What surprises him even further when he asks Henry about what has been going on?
4. What does Richard learn his friends have done? How does he react?
5. How and why does Richard end up at Hampden College? How does he get to the college from his home?
6. What does Richard find when he borrows a key and enters Henry's apartment? What clues does he put together about the activities of the past few days?
7. Where do Henry and Bunny go for winter break? Why does Henry come home early? Where is Bunny?
8. In Chapter 4, Henry asks Richard a serious question before telling him about the murder of the farmer. What does he ask, what does he mean by this question, and what has Richard been covering up?
9. Who is Judy Poovey? Where does Richard speak to her about Henry? What does Judy tell him about his new friend?
10. After the bacchanal, the group members are worried about Bunny. Why?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)