|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard inject himself into the Greek student's conversation in the library?
(a) He asks if Julian Morrow really knew T.S. Eliot.
(b) He suggests a newer Greek dictionary.
(c) He asks if he can sit with them and translate.
(d) He suggests the locative tense for a translation.
2. How does Richard get to the warehouse in East Hampton?
(a) He walks in the cold.
(b) He hitches a ride on a truck.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He takes a taxi.
3. When he cannot find any of his friends and begins to worry, who does Richard call to ask for Francis?
(b) His parents.
(d) Francis' mother.
4. Who is standing next to Julian Morrow in the photo Richard sees when visiting Henry's apartment?
(a) Carol Channing.
(b) Kate Chopin.
(c) Vivian Leigh.
(d) Lillian Hellman.
5. What shocking thing does Richard see when he enters Prof. Morrow's office on the first day of class?
(a) His five classmates.
(b) Bunny in class alone with Prof. Morrow.
(c) There are two new students.
(d) The classroom has been painted fuscia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard do after seeing Charles and Camilla off for winter break?
2. What does Richard learn causes his aches and pains upon waking in the cold warehouse?
3. How does Richard find out about the warehouse accommodations?
4. What does Henry catch Bunny doing when he wakes and sees Bunny sitting at his desk?
5. Who among Richard's college friends are orphans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Richard finally meet and speak to students in Professor Morrow's Greek class? How do the students respond to him?
2. In Chapter 4, Henry asks Richard a serious question before telling him about the murder of the farmer. What does he ask, what does he mean by this question, and what has Richard been covering up?
3. From whom does Richard get the extra money he needs to implement his plan to impress Prof. Morrow and the Greeks studies students? What does the lender think Richard is going to do with the money? What does Richard actually do with the money?
4. How does Bunny treat Richard during the weekend at Francis' house in the country? What important information about Richard becomes obvious to the group?
5. What does Richard find when he borrows a key and enters Henry's apartment? What clues does he put together about the activities of the past few days?
6. What happens to Henry in Italy? How does Bunny react to his friend's problem?
7. Richard engages in risky behavior for winter living, and his life begins to deteriorate. Why does this happen to Richard? Is he aware of the dangerous living situation he is in? Why does Richard refuse to ask for help?
8. How does Bunny die? What part do the group members have in his death?
9. Who is Judy Poovey? Where does Richard speak to her about Henry? What does Judy tell him about his new friend?
10. What do Francis and Henry tell Richard about Bunny's behavior since the murder? How is Bunny treating the members of the group, and how are they responding?
This section contains 1,405 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)