|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what subject does Richard switch his major without his parents' knowledge?
2. When at a party, what does Richard hear from a girl about his Greek group?
(a) They are brilliant.
(b) They are high school drop outs.
(c) They are well respected.
(d) They are devil worshippers.
3. What is the name of the hippie who owns the warehouse Richard lives in over winter break?
4. What does Richard overhear Francis say to Henry when the two are arguing in the back of Henry's apartment?
(a) "You don't like it? What about me?"
(b) "You want to drop out of school?"
(c) "You are in love with who?"
(d) "You were diagnosed with what?"
5. What does Richard realize when he is eating the back-to-school dinner alone in the commons?
(a) He is very happy to be back at school.
(b) He really is cut off from the rest of the school as Laforgue had said.
(c) He dresses much poorer than most of the other students.
(d) He is not certain he wants to remain at Hampden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the movie Richard is watching with Bunny the night of the bacchanal?
2. What does Henry catch Bunny doing when he wakes and sees Bunny sitting at his desk?
3. Why does Richard believe it is obvious to anyone that the group's story to Bunny to explain the blood was not true?
4. What does Bunny begin saying to his friends to upset and frustrate them after the night of the bacchanal?
5. What invitation does Camilla offer Richard when they are both at the loud Friday night party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why does Richard end up at Hampden College? How does he get to the college from his home?
2. After the bacchanal, the group members are worried about Bunny. Why?
3. Where did Richard grow up and spend his high school years? What do we know about his family? How does he feel about his family? His hometown?
4. Who is dead at the opening of the book? Why does the author begin his story this way? What do we know about the dead boy in the opening paragraphs of the book?
5. What does Bunny tell Henry about the night of the bacchanal? What does Henry realize Bunny has done during his illness to obtain the information he has? Why is this important?
6. What does Richard learn his friends have done? How does he react?
7. What happens to Henry in Italy? How does Bunny react to his friend's problem?
8. Under what conditions does Prof. Morrow allow Richard to join his Greek class? How does Richard initially react? What does he decide to do?
9. When Richard goes to meet with Julian to talk to him about misgivings he is having about his academics, who does he find talking with Julian? What are the two saying?
10. Who rescues Richard and nurses him back to health? How do these two people get along with each other? What are some of the things Richard learns about his Greek classmates during his recuperation? Why are these things important for Richard?
This section contains 1,423 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)