|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Henry react to Bunny's discovery when he finds Bunny sitting at his desk?
(a) He slaps Bunny hard across the face.
(b) He punches Bunny in the stomach.
(c) He breaks Bunny's arm.
(d) He pushes Bunny out of the room.
2. What is the name of the hippie who owns the warehouse Richard lives in over winter break?
3. When Richard cannot sleep one night and walks around the campus, where does he find Bunny?
(a) In one of the commons rooms watching television.
(b) In the kitchen making a sandwich.
(c) In his dorm room reading a book.
(d) Outside of the building smoking a cigarette.
4. What is the next trip Bunny has planned for himself and Henry in the summer?
(a) A luxury barge cruise through France.
(b) A luxury barge tour through Whales.
(c) A luxury barge tour through the Carribean.
(d) A luxury barge cruise down the Nile.
5. What does Richard dread as the end of his first term at Hampden draws near?
(a) Returning to Plano.
(c) Second semester classes.
(d) Failing Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Richard begin to feel about Bunny as the boy continues to torment him and his friends?
2. About what word do Prof. Morrow and Richard have a short conversation?
3. Where does Richard find the information about Hampden College?
4. How does Dr. Roland reward Richard for his hard work during winter break?
5. Where does Bunny say he would rather stay while in Rome than the hotel Henry has chosen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who rescues Richard and nurses him back to health? How do these two people get along with each other? What are some of the things Richard learns about his Greek classmates during his recuperation? Why are these things important for Richard?
2. Richard engages in risky behavior for winter living, and his life begins to deteriorate. Why does this happen to Richard? Is he aware of the dangerous living situation he is in? Why does Richard refuse to ask for help?
3. What does Richard learn about Henry during his lunch with Bunny? What happens at the end of the lunch? What does Richard learn about Bunny on the way home with Henry?
4. How does Bunny treat Richard during the weekend at Francis' house in the country? What important information about Richard becomes obvious to the group?
5. From whom does Richard get the extra money he needs to implement his plan to impress Prof. Morrow and the Greeks studies students? What does the lender think Richard is going to do with the money? What does Richard actually do with the money?
6. Charles and Camilla tell Richard about Henry's education. What does Richard learn about Henry in this conversation? Why is he surprised?
7. Under what conditions does Prof. Morrow allow Richard to join his Greek class? How does Richard initially react? What does he decide to do?
8. After the bacchanal, the group members are worried about Bunny. Why?
9. Who is Judy Poovey? Where does Richard speak to her about Henry? What does Judy tell him about his new friend?
10. In Chapter 4, Henry asks Richard a serious question before telling him about the murder of the farmer. What does he ask, what does he mean by this question, and what has Richard been covering up?
This section contains 1,450 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)