|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the Corcoran house do Richard and Francis sleep while they are there?
(a) On cots in the spare bedroom.
(b) On cots in the laundry room.
(c) On cots on the porch.
(d) On cots in the basement.
2. What book does Henry quote at the end his letter to Richard before Bunny's funeral?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Plato's Orations.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) The Illiad.
3. Why are Camilla and Richard in Mrs. Corcoran's bathroom the day before the funeral?
(a) Looking for asprin for Francis.
(b) Looking for drugs for Cloke.
(c) Looking for medication for Henry's headache.
(d) Looking for sleeping pills for Richard.
4. What does Charles say he and Camilla did the night after the murder?
(a) Drank alcohol.
(b) Drove into town.
(c) Cleaned house.
(d) Took a walk.
5. What does Richard find in Charles' apartment that reminds him of Bunny?
(a) Pecan Sandies.
(c) Horlick's malted milk.
(d) Hershey's Kisses.
6. Who does Richard bump into on his way home from Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles is released from jail?
7. What does Charles find in Bunny's room and bring back for the group to see?
(a) A bottle of very expensive French wine.
(b) An engagement ring for Marion.
(c) The newspaper article about the murder of the farmer.
(d) A letter Bunny had written to his mother.
8. From whom has Julian received a letter on Friday when Richard and Francis stop by?
(a) Bunny's sister.
(c) Bunny's brother.
(d) Bunny's parents.
9. What is Thirsty Thursday?
(a) A drink promotion at the Villager.
(b) A milk shake promotion at Steak and Shake.
(c) A beer promotion at the Red Branding Saloon.
(d) A burger promotion at the Villager.
10. How does Hampden College handle Bunny's death and ensuing investigation?
(a) The college tries to cover it up to prevent more bad press.
(b) The college hires lawyers to defend Henry and Cloke.
(c) The college expels Cloke and puts the group on probation.
(d) The college fires Julian Morrow.
11. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
(a) Gin and tonics.
(b) Bloody Mary's.
(c) Scotch and waters.
12. What does the college president say about Bunny?
(a) "He was a mystery to us all."
(b) "He was a brave man."
(c) "He was the spirit of the college."
(d) "He touched people's lives."
13. Where does Henry go after Bunny's body is found?
(a) To Francis' house in the country.
(b) To Maine with the Corcorans.
(c) To Connecticut with the Corcorans.
(d) To Julian's house in New Haven.
14. What does Henry overhear the Corcorans talking about before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Their request for an autopsy.
(b) Their financial troubles.
(c) Their relief that Bunny is dead.
(d) Their plans to move.
15. What does Richard mumble aloud while Bunny's father collapses in tears?
(a) "Why did I bother to come here?"
(b) "God help me I'm sorry."
(c) "This man is out of control."
(d) "Please forgive me, Mr. Corcoran."
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bunny's parents do in the hopes of finding their son?
2. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
3. What suggestion does Henry make to Richard when Richard admits he is very worried after Bunny's murder?
4. What news does Francis give Richard when he returns to Richard's room the night after they are drunk together?
5. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)