|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
(a) Bloody Mary's.
(b) Gin and tonics.
(d) Scotch and waters.
2. What is the name of the Corcoran's dog?
3. Who comes to Richard's room the night after Jake Teitelbaum's party?
4. Why are Camilla and Richard in Mrs. Corcoran's bathroom the day before the funeral?
(a) Looking for asprin for Francis.
(b) Looking for drugs for Cloke.
(c) Looking for sleeping pills for Richard.
(d) Looking for medication for Henry's headache.
5. What new rumor begins circulating about Bunny when he is reported missing?
(a) Perhaps he is involved in drugs.
(b) Perhaps he has decided to leave school.
(c) Perhaps he has left the country.
(d) Perhaps he is dead.
6. Who answers the door when the group arrives at the Corcoran's home?
(a) Bunny's mother.
(b) Bunny's sister.
(c) Bunny's father.
(d) The servant.
7. What does Camilla tell Richard when she wakes him up the morning after the police search of Bunny's room?
(a) Reporters and police are all over the campus.
(b) Julian has called her asking about Bunny.
(c) The snow has continued for another full day.
(d) She is in love with him.
8. What do Bunny's parents do in the hopes of finding their son?
(a) Paid three detectives to interview all of Bunny's friends.
(b) Called Henry and offered him money to find Bunny.
(c) Offered a large reward to anyone with information about their son.
(d) Come to the school and demanded Bunny be found.
9. What book does Henry quote at the end his letter to Richard before Bunny's funeral?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) The Odyssey.
(d) Plato's Orations.
10. What is "Shady Brook'?
(a) A suburb of New Haven.
(b) A country club subdividion.
(c) A suburb of Boston.
(d) A new housing development near Hartford.
11. What does Henry have Charles bring to Richard on the morning before Greek class?
(a) A letter from his parents in California.
(b) The book Julian wanted them to read over the weekend.
(c) His notes on the reading assignment.
(d) A copy of a Greek sonnet to recite in class.
12. When Richard confronts Camilla about her brother, what does Camilla show him?
(a) The tattoo she got on her leg.
(b) The tattoo she had on her arm.
(c) The scar she received from a fall.
(d) The injuries Charles inflicted on her body.
13. What does Henry overhear the Corcorans talking about before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Their financial troubles.
(b) Their plans to move.
(c) Their relief that Bunny is dead.
(d) Their request for an autopsy.
14. When Francis and Sophie wake Richard the morning after they are all drunk together, what does Francis say to Richard in Greek?
(a) "Important news, my friend."
(b) "We have a serious problem."
(c) "Henry has disappeared."
(d) "You are in big trouble."
15. Why does Henry suggest they call Marion and confirm that no one has seen Bunny for three days?
(a) So she will talk to Julian about Bunny's disappearance.
(b) So she will call Bunny's other friends and form a search crew.
(c) So she will get the police involved.
(d) So she will become angry with Bunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rides in the car with Richard and Francis to Bunny' parent's home before Bunny's funeral?
2. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
3. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral?
4. What is the motto of Hampden College?
5. Where in the Corcoran house do Richard and Francis sleep while they are there?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)