|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Richard describe Bunny's memory at the college?
(a) He is not really remembered at all.
(b) He is remembered as a "Greek scholar."
(c) He is remembered as a "strong and dedicated student."
(d) He is remembered as a "stumbling teen inebriate."
2. What do Henry and Richard find in their mailboxes during the week Bunny is presumed missing?
(a) A letter from the president of the college.
(b) A faculty questionnaire about Richard Roland.
(c) A faculty questionnaire about Julian Morrow.
(d) A letter from Bunny's father.
3. Why does Francis not want to see a psychiatrist for his problems?
(a) He is afraid to learn what is bothering him.
(b) He is not interested in healing.
(c) He had a bad experience with one as a child.
(d) He does not have the money to pay.
4. Who do Henry and and Richard find at Charles and Camilla's apartment when they show up on Thursday after Bunny's murder?
(a) Cloke Rayburn.
(b) Jules Feiffer.
(c) Julian Morrow.
(d) Edmund Corcoran.
5. What game does the group play while Charles and Cloke go to Bunny's dorm room?
6. What is the motto of Hampden College?
(a) Learn by Seeing.
(b) Learn by Experiencing.
(c) Learn by Teaching.
(d) Learn by Doing.
7. What does Richard find in Charles' apartment that reminds him of Bunny?
(a) Hershey's Kisses.
(b) Horlick's malted milk.
(c) Pecan Sandies.
8. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral?
(a) Francis wants to check into a hotel.
(b) Francis takes Charles' car without asking.
(c) Charles wants to sleep upstairs.
(d) Charles takes Francis' car without asking.
9. Where in the Corcoran house do Richard and Francis sleep while they are there?
(a) On cots in the laundry room.
(b) On cots on the porch.
(c) On cots in the spare bedroom.
(d) On cots in the basement.
10. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
(a) That he was a drug dealer.
(b) That he died dishonorably drunk.
(c) That he committed suicide.
(d) That he had cancer.
11. Where does Richard take Francis in the middle of the night on Sunday night?
(a) To Camilla's apartment.
(b) To a bar.
(c) To Henry's apartment.
(d) To the emergency room
12. What does Richard think is the most striking object on the playground at the Early Childhood Center?
(a) The gigantic see-saw.
(b) The giant snail.
(c) The twelve-swing swing set.
(d) The ball pit.
13. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
(a) A study of Victorian murderesses.
(b) A copy of Mycenaean inscriptions from Knossos.
(c) A translation of Gregory of Tours.
(d) A biography of Cortes.
14. What brand of cigarettes does Camilla pull from her pocket when talking with Richard about her brother?
(a) Pall Malls, Richard's brand.
(b) Pall Malls, Henry's brand.
(c) Lucky Strikes, Francis' brand.
(d) Lucky Strikes, Henry's brand.
15. What does Henry overhear the Corcorans talking about before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Their request for an autopsy.
(b) Their financial troubles.
(c) Their plans to move.
(d) Their relief that Bunny is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
2. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
3. Why does Henry suggest they call Marion and confirm that no one has seen Bunny for three days?
4. What message from the Corcorans does Henry relay in his letter to Richard?
5. How old is Bunny when he is murdered?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)