|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter Richard receives from Julian before Bunny's funeral tell him?
(a) Julian will not be able to attend the funeral.
(b) Julian will be at the funeral with his students.
(c) Class will meet the following Monday.
(d) The college is closed until further notice.
2. What about her son's death has Mrs. Corcoran concerned?
(a) That he committed suicide.
(b) That he had cancer.
(c) That he was a drug dealer.
(d) That he died dishonorably drunk.
3. What message from the Corcorans does Henry relay in his letter to Richard?
(a) None of Bunny's friends are invited to the wake.
(b) They are sorry for keeping Henry so long.
(c) Henry is needed by the family and will not return to school for a week.
(d) All of the group is invited to stay at their home before the funeral.
4. Where does Bunny's brother attend college?
5. What does Richard think is the most striking object on the playground at the Early Childhood Center?
(a) The giant snail.
(b) The ball pit.
(c) The gigantic see-saw.
(d) The twelve-swing swing set.
6. What does Judy Poovey tell Richard in the hall when she sees him the day after Jake Teitelbaum's party?
(a) That the snow has not stopped falling outside.
(b) That Mona Beale is in love with Richard.
(c) That Mona Beale has a violent boyfirend.
(d) That she is in love with Richard.
7. What do Charles and Francis argue about the day before the funeral?
(a) Charles wants to sleep upstairs.
(b) Francis takes Charles' car without asking.
(c) Francis wants to check into a hotel.
(d) Charles takes Francis' car without asking.
8. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Friendly and newsy.
(c) Stilted and formal.
(d) Sad and lonely.
9. What does Richard find in Charles' apartment that reminds him of Bunny?
(a) Horlick's malted milk.
(c) Hershey's Kisses.
(d) Pecan Sandies.
10. Who rides in the car with Richard and Francis to Bunny' parent's home before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Sophie Dearbold.
(b) Judy Poovey.
(c) Rachel Lengsmith.
(d) Camilla Brooks.
11. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
(a) He had no friends and was an outcast.
(b) He was overwhelmed by school work.
(c) He was tremendously overweight.
(d) HIs dysfunctional family is to blame.
12. What does Henry overhear the Corcorans talking about before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Their request for an autopsy.
(b) Their plans to move.
(c) Their financial troubles.
(d) Their relief that Bunny is dead.
13. What does Mrs. Corcoran want done with the wreaths delivered to her home?
(a) She wants them placed around the house.
(b) She wants them brought to the funeral home.
(c) She wants them to remain in the entry hall.
(d) She wants them thrown away.
14. Who does Richard bump into on his way home from Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles is released from jail?
15. What brand of cigarettes does Camilla pull from her pocket when talking with Richard about her brother?
(a) Lucky Strikes, Francis' brand.
(b) Lucky Strikes, Henry's brand.
(c) Pall Malls, Richard's brand.
(d) Pall Malls, Henry's brand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the college president say about Bunny?
2. What does Charles find in Bunny's room and bring back for the group to see?
3. What flowers do Charles and Camilla cut and bring into their home before the snow begins to fall?
4. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
5. When they are having dinner at the twin's house, what does Henry ask Richard to do?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)