|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
(a) He had no friends and was an outcast.
(b) HIs dysfunctional family is to blame.
(c) He was overwhelmed by school work.
(d) He was tremendously overweight.
2. How do the members of the group spend their first dew days back at college after Bunny's funeral?
(a) They go back to the site of the murder.
(b) They leave for a weekend at Francis' farm.
(c) They stay away from each other.
(d) They take the train to New York.
3. What is "Shady Brook'?
(a) A new housing development near Hartford.
(b) A suburb of New Haven.
(c) A suburb of Boston.
(d) A country club subdividion.
4. To whom does Richard compare himself after he stands in the bathroom and cries the day after Bunny's murder?
(a) Ray Milland.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Franklin Roosevelt.
(d) Humphrey Bogart.
5. What does Rika, Marion's friend, claim to have seen on the day of Henry's call to Marion?
(a) Bunny getting into a cab outside of school.
(b) Bunny standing outside of a bank in town.
(c) Bunny eating lunch at a local diner.
(d) Bunny reading in the library.
6. What drug does Richard take from Judy while he is in her room?
7. What do Henry and Richard find in their mailboxes during the week Bunny is presumed missing?
(a) A letter from the president of the college.
(b) A faculty questionnaire about Richard Roland.
(c) A letter from Bunny's father.
(d) A faculty questionnaire about Julian Morrow.
8. What suggestion does Henry make to Richard when Richard admits he is very worried after Bunny's murder?
(a) Get a massage.
(b) Take a hot bath.
(c) Think in a different language.
(d) Read a suspense novel.
9. What does Camilla tell Richard when she wakes him up the morning after the police search of Bunny's room?
(a) Reporters and police are all over the campus.
(b) The snow has continued for another full day.
(c) Julian has called her asking about Bunny.
(d) She is in love with him.
10. Where does Bunny's brother attend college?
11. What does Charles find in Bunny's room and bring back for the group to see?
(a) A letter Bunny had written to his mother.
(b) A bottle of very expensive French wine.
(c) An engagement ring for Marion.
(d) The newspaper article about the murder of the farmer.
12. What do the police officers find in Bunny's room when they are called in to help find Bunny?
(a) Bunny's wallet and Henry's photo.
(b) Bunny's wallet and tickets to the Met in New York.
(c) Bunny's wallet and a copy of an article about the Rivera.
(d) Bunny's wallet with his ID and two hundred dollars.
13. Where is Charles' apartment located?
(a) In the same building as Julian's.
(b) In South Hampden.
(c) Next door to the college.
(d) In North Hampden.
14. Who answers the door when the group arrives at the Corcoran's home?
(a) Bunny's father.
(b) Bunny's sister.
(c) Bunny's mother.
(d) The servant.
15. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
(a) A copy of Mycenaean inscriptions from Knossos.
(b) A study of Victorian murderesses.
(c) A translation of Gregory of Tours.
(d) A biography of Cortes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard go after he leaves the off-campus party two days after the funeral?
2. What news does Francis give Richard when he returns to Richard's room the night after they are drunk together?
3. How does Richard describe the tone of the letter he receives from Henry before Bunny's funeral?
4. What does Richard think is the most striking object on the playground at the Early Childhood Center?
5. Who rides in the car with Richard and Francis to Bunny' parent's home before Bunny's funeral?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)