|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard go after talking with Henry on the phone the night of Bunny's murder?
(a) To buy a six pack of beer.
(b) To find Camilla.
(c) To Judy Poovey's room.
(d) To find Charles.
2. What does Richard think is the most striking object on the playground at the Early Childhood Center?
(a) The ball pit.
(b) The twelve-swing swing set.
(c) The giant snail.
(d) The gigantic see-saw.
3. What does Henry overhear the Corcorans talking about before Bunny's funeral?
(a) Their financial troubles.
(b) Their relief that Bunny is dead.
(c) Their plans to move.
(d) Their request for an autopsy.
4. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
(a) A copy of Mycenaean inscriptions from Knossos.
(b) A translation of Gregory of Tours.
(c) A study of Victorian murderesses.
(d) A biography of Cortes.
5. When they are having dinner at the twin's house, what does Henry ask Richard to do?
(a) To divert Marion from asking questions about Bunny's whereabouts.
(b) To talk to Camilla.
(c) To go to the theatre and watch the movies they are using as an alibi.
(d) To do his Greek homework for him.
6. What does Mrs. Corcoran want done with the wreaths delivered to her home?
(a) She wants them thrown away.
(b) She wants them brought to the funeral home.
(c) She wants them to remain in the entry hall.
(d) She wants them placed around the house.
7. What does Charles say he and Camilla did the night after the murder?
(a) Took a walk.
(b) Drove into town.
(c) Cleaned house.
(d) Drank alcohol.
8. Where in the Corcoran house do Richard and Francis sleep while they are there?
(a) On cots in the basement.
(b) On cots on the porch.
(c) On cots in the spare bedroom.
(d) On cots in the laundry room.
9. What drink is particularly popular with the young women taking care of Richard?
(b) Bloody Mary's.
(c) Scotch and waters.
(d) Gin and tonics.
10. What flowers do Charles and Camilla cut and bring into their home before the snow begins to fall?
11. How old is Bunny when he is murdered?
12. What is Henry reading when the group arrives at the Corcoran house before the funeral?
(a) The Odyssey.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) The Upanishads.
(d) The Bible.
13. What does Richard find in Charles' apartment that reminds him of Bunny?
(b) Pecan Sandies.
(c) Hershey's Kisses.
(d) Horlick's malted milk.
14. What does the letter Richard receives from Julian before Bunny's funeral tell him?
(a) Julian will not be able to attend the funeral.
(b) The college is closed until further notice.
(c) Class will meet the following Monday.
(d) Julian will be at the funeral with his students.
15. Who does Richard bump into on his way home from Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles is released from jail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bunny's brother attend college?
2. What message from the Corcorans does Henry relay in his letter to Richard?
3. How does Henry respond to Charles' astonishment over the fact that they have actually killed Bunny?
4. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
5. What drug does Richard take from Judy while he is in her room?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)