|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Richard an Francis go to see Julian on their way to see Charles on Friday?
(a) To ask if he had any messages for Charles.
(b) To ask if he would like to go with them to the hospital.
(c) To ask whether he has heard from Henry.
(d) To ask what will happen to their grades due to missed classes.
2. Where in the Corcoran house do Richard and Francis sleep while they are there?
(a) On cots on the porch.
(b) On cots in the spare bedroom.
(c) On cots in the basement.
(d) On cots in the laundry room.
3. Who does Richard bump into on his way home from Charles and Camilla's apartment after Charles is released from jail?
4. How does Richard describe Bunny's memory at the college?
(a) He is remembered as a "strong and dedicated student."
(b) He is remembered as a "stumbling teen inebriate."
(c) He is remembered as a "Greek scholar."
(d) He is not really remembered at all.
5. What happens to Richard in his nightmare after Bunny's funeral?
(a) He is murdered by Champ.
(b) He marries Marion.
(c) He is pushed over a cliff.
(d) He is drugged by Cloke.
6. When in town Saturday afternoon, what does Francis buy for Henry at the bookstore?
(a) A translation of Gregory of Tours.
(b) A biography of Cortes.
(c) A copy of Mycenaean inscriptions from Knossos.
(d) A study of Victorian murderesses.
7. What new rumor begins circulating about Bunny when he is reported missing?
(a) Perhaps he has decided to leave school.
(b) Perhaps he is dead.
(c) Perhaps he has left the country.
(d) Perhaps he is involved in drugs.
8. Where is Charles' apartment located?
(a) In North Hampden.
(b) In the same building as Julian's.
(c) Next door to the college.
(d) In South Hampden.
9. Why are Camilla and Richard in Mrs. Corcoran's bathroom the day before the funeral?
(a) Looking for sleeping pills for Richard.
(b) Looking for medication for Henry's headache.
(c) Looking for drugs for Cloke.
(d) Looking for asprin for Francis.
10. What do Henry and Richard find in their mailboxes during the week Bunny is presumed missing?
(a) A letter from the president of the college.
(b) A faculty questionnaire about Richard Roland.
(c) A letter from Bunny's father.
(d) A faculty questionnaire about Julian Morrow.
11. What does Henry tell Julian while Richard and Francis are in the office?
(a) All about the terrible trip to Rome with Bunny.
(b) All about his plans for the summer.
(c) All about his feelings of hatred for Charles.
(d) All about murdering Bunny.
12. What message from the Corcorans does Henry relay in his letter to Richard?
(a) They are sorry for keeping Henry so long.
(b) None of Bunny's friends are invited to the wake.
(c) All of the group is invited to stay at their home before the funeral.
(d) Henry is needed by the family and will not return to school for a week.
13. Who do Henry and and Richard find at Charles and Camilla's apartment when they show up on Thursday after Bunny's murder?
(a) Jules Feiffer.
(b) Cloke Rayburn.
(c) Edmund Corcoran.
(d) Julian Morrow.
14. What book does Henry quote at the end his letter to Richard before Bunny's funeral?
(a) The Illiad.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) Plato's Orations.
(d) The Bible.
15. What is Henry reading when the group arrives at the Corcoran house before the funeral?
(a) The Upanishads.
(b) The Odyssey.
(c) The Illiad.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the college president say about Bunny?
2. What does Richard mumble aloud while Bunny's father collapses in tears?
3. How does the press explain Bunny's death?
4. How old is Bunny when he is murdered?
5. Where does Charles tell Richard he is spending the summer?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)