|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard go to Henry's apartment on Thursday morning after the group has been missing for four days?
(a) To find his missing text book.
(b) To ask him about Bunny.
(c) To talk about Camilla.
(d) To talk to him about moving in as a roommate.
2. When at a party, what does Richard hear from a girl about his Greek group?
(a) They are brilliant.
(b) They are well respected.
(c) They are devil worshippers.
(d) They are high school drop outs.
3. What does Richard dread as the end of his first term at Hampden draws near?
(a) Second semester classes.
(b) Returning to Plano.
(d) Failing Greek.
4. When Richard and Camilla are walking together through the woods, what does Richard ask her to do?
(a) Come back to his room with him.
(b) Figure out a way to get rid of Cloke.
(c) Talk Henry out of his plans.
(d) Run away with him.
5. Under what conditions does Morrow admit Richard to his class?
(a) That he drop all of his classes and major in philosophy.
(b) That he drop all of his classes and move into another dorm.
(c) That he change advisors and move into another dorm.
(d) That he change advisors and drop all of his classes.
6. What do the twins send Richard during winter break?
(a) Fresh fruit from Florida.
(b) Letters and boxes of cookies.
(c) Letters and boxes of chocolate.
7. How does Henry react to Bunny's discovery when he finds Bunny sitting at his desk?
(a) He breaks Bunny's arm.
(b) He slaps Bunny hard across the face.
(c) He punches Bunny in the stomach.
(d) He pushes Bunny out of the room.
8. When Richard cannot sleep one night and walks around the campus, where does he find Bunny?
(a) In the kitchen making a sandwich.
(b) In one of the commons rooms watching television.
(c) In his dorm room reading a book.
(d) Outside of the building smoking a cigarette.
9. Where is Richard Papen from originally?
(a) New Mexico.
10. For what does Richard ask his supervisor at his job?
(a) Additional hours of work.
(b) An advance on his pay.
(c) A day off to study Greek.
(d) Admission to his class.
11. When he cannot find any of his friends and begins to worry, who does Richard call to ask for Francis?
(a) His parents.
(d) Francis' mother.
12. Where are Henry and Bunny going for winter vacation?
(a) Charles' farm.
(d) Home to their families.
13. What does Richard overhear Francis say to Henry when the two are arguing in the back of Henry's apartment?
(a) "You don't like it? What about me?"
(b) "You were diagnosed with what?"
(c) "You want to drop out of school?"
(d) "You are in love with who?"
14. What idealistic plan do the group members come up with before the end of fall term?
(a) To get Richard and Camilla together as a couple.
(b) To go into business together.
(c) To travel to Europe together.
(d) To live in Francis's house year-round.
15. To what H.G. Wells character does Richard compare himself during the winter break?
(b) The Invisible Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard identify as the one opportunity he has to disengage from the group?
2. What does Henry catch Bunny doing when he wakes and sees Bunny sitting at his desk?
3. How does Richard begin to feel about Bunny as the boy continues to torment him and his friends?
4. What invitation does Camilla offer Richard when they are both at the loud Friday night party?
5. When Richard confronts Henry and asks where the group has been, what does Henry tell him about the group?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)