|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the head waitress at the restaurant Laura went in "Christmas Eve Day, 1987 - Later"?
2. What literary device is used to compare Laura to Troy in the June 24, 1987 entry?
3. What drug dealer does Laura write of having become financially dependent on in her December 16, 198, entry?
4. How many women were brought to Laura after she was blindfolded in the November 13, 1987 entry?
5. What did Laura forget to bring in her second entry of April 2, 1987?
Short Essay Questions
1. What structural shift takes place in the narrative in Part 9, January 3 1988 to April 7, 1988?
2. What happens when Laura leaves to get food in her entry from November 12, 1987?
3. Who interrupts Laura's writing on February 3, 1987? What is said?
4. How does Laura describe her holidays on January 3, 1988?
5. What changes has Laura's character undergone in Part 6, October 3 1986 to April 2, 1987?
6. What activity does Laura describe undertaking on December 21, 1987? How does she feel about it?
7. How does the theme of duality manifest in Part 8, December 16, 1987 to Christmas Eve Day, 1987 - Later?
8. Who does Laura describe meeting at the diner on Christmas Eve Day, 1987?
9. What is significant about BOB's entering the narrative in Part 6, October 3 1986 to April 2, 1987?
10. What does Laura describe in her entry from October 3 1986? What kind of language is used?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the source material for The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. Where were the characters and the setting developed and by whom?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motifs of sex and drugs in The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. How does the author use these motifs to further the narrative's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Bobby Briggs. Where did Laura meet Bobby? What characteristics drew Laura to him? Why?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)