|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warned Laura to be careful around Leo, according to the entry from October 3 1986?
2. On August 2, 1988, Laura writes that it has been how long since BOB has visited her?
3. What does Laura hit while driving in the November 12, 1987 entry?
4. Laura's cat was named what?
5. The drugs hidden in Laura's room on December 23, 1987 were wrapped in a picture from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Laura write she had begun working on April 7, 1988? What does she say of her relationship?
2. Who did Laura call looking for drugs on December 23, 1987? Where did she find them?
3. What drug exchange does Laura describe on November 12, 1987? What happened?
4. What is ironic about Laura's relationship with Johnny Horne?
5. What happens when Laura leaves to get food in her entry from November 12, 1987?
6. What metaphor does Laura use in describing her horse Troy in Part 7, June 24 1987 to December 15, 1987?
7. What does Laura describe in her entry from October 3 1986? What kind of language is used?
8. What changes has Laura's character undergone in Part 6, October 3 1986 to April 2, 1987?
9. What happened in Laura's dream from December 23, 1987? Who did she call after waking up?
10. What is significant about Laura's abortion in terms of style/theme?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Bobby Briggs. Where did Laura meet Bobby? What characteristics drew Laura to him? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Leland Palmer, Doc Hayward, and Benjamin Horne. How do these father figures relate to one another? What are their differences?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrative style of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. What is the voice and tense of the novel?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)