|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the character Bobby's last name?
2. At what time is Laura's August 6, 1986, entry written?
3. What border lies nearby Laura Palmer's home town?
4. In what year is the first entry of "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer" written?
5. Who does Laura write of taunting her in a nightmare on July 23, 1984?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characteristics of Laura's are essential and interconnected to the plot of the narrative?
2. What does Laura write attacked her in a dream on November 20, 1985? Why does she believe she is having nightmares?
3. What does Laura describe in the entry from September 11, 1986? When was it written?
4. What did Laura describe happening with the Canadian boys on October 20, 1985?
5. What themes arise in Laura's entries from Part 3, October 3 1985 to December 16, 1985? What motifs?
6. What is the subject of Laura's poem on November 13, 1985? Who is referenced in the poem?
7. What is the basis of the source material for The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer? What is the subject of the book?
8. What does Laura question about religion on August 7, 1984? How does this tie to the narrative's themes?
9. What is the subject of Laura's entry from April 23, 1986? How long had it been since she'd written?
10. What does Laura describe doing on her fourteenth birthday? What has changed about her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Laura and Donna's experience with the Canadian boys. Where did they meet? What took place?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Maddy and Ronnette Pulaski. What similarities do these young women share? What is each ones relationship to Laura Palmer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of duality in The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer. How does the theme manifest in the protagonist? How in other characters?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)