|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Laura write of working at her job on April 7, 1988?
2. How many initials does Laura record in her February 1, 1988 entry?
3. Who warned Laura to be careful around Leo, according to the entry from October 3 1986?
4. Laura writes on December 23, 1987, that she was able to save money because she no longer needed to spend it on what?
5. On August 10, 1988, Laura writes that she has been sober for how many days?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Laura buy a nice Christmas present for on December 23, 1987?
2. Laura describes having gotten what on August 10, 1988?
3. Who does Laura write she'd begun babysitting in her December 15, 1987 entry?
4. Who does Laura write visited her at her job on April 10, 1988?
5. Who writes in Laura's diary for the first time on February 3, 1987?
Short Essay Questions
1. What drug exchange does Laura describe on November 12, 1987? What happened?
2. What is significant about Laura's abortion in terms of style/theme?
3. What structural shift takes place in the narrative in Part 9, January 3 1988 to April 7, 1988?
4. How does Laura describe her holidays on January 3, 1988?
5. What happens when Laura leaves to get food in her entry from November 12, 1987?
6. Where does Laura describe being taken in her entry from November 13, 1987? Whom was she with?
7. What does Laura write of Benjamin Horne on March 10, 1988?
8. What dream-like conversation does Laura describe with her father? When did it take place?
9. Who does Laura write of disliking in her April 10, 1988 entry? Why?
10. What activity does Laura describe undertaking on December 21, 1987? How does she feel about it?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)