|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the character Leo?
2. On July 25, 1986, Laura describes her recent birthday. How old did she turn?
3. One of the key themes of The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer is what?
4. What is the population of Twin Peaks?
5. What did Laura do when her boyfriend told her he loved her, as written on October 1, 1986?
(a) Laughed at him.
(c) Said she loved him too.
(d) Ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Benjamin Horne's son?
2. What is the title of the poem Laura wrote on November 13, 1985?
3. Who is Laura's father's employer?
4. What is Laura's cousin's name?
5. What drug does Laura write of experiencing on October 12, 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the thematic and symbolic elements which begin to emerge in the narrative in Laura's 14th year. What themes emerge?
2. What does Laura write of her dreams on July 23, 1984? What imagery is used?
3. What themes arise in Laura's entries from Part 3, October 3 1985 to December 16, 1985? What motifs?
4. Describe the symbolism in Laura and Donna's friendship as it evolves in Part 4, April 23, 1986 to July 25, 1986. How does it tie into the narrative's themes?
5. What are some of the principle examples of foreshadowing used in Laura's first diary entries? What do they foretell?
6. Where does Laura write the entry from August 11, 1984? What watches over her?
7. What does Laura question about religion on August 7, 1984? How does this tie to the narrative's themes?
8. Describe Laura's poem from July 29, 1984. Who is the subject of the poem?
9. What is the subject of Laura's poem on November 13, 1985? Who is referenced in the poem?
10. What does Laura describe doing on her fourteenth birthday? What has changed about her?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)