|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Laura later discover gave her the pony on her birthday?
(a) Benjamin Horne.
(b) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Where were the young men from that Laura describes in October 12, 1985?
3. Laura writes that she worries of being thought of as what on July 23, 1984?
4. Whose death causes Laura grief in her entry of October 3, 1985?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her cat's.
(d) Her mother's.
5. What is the name of Benjamin Horne's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura write she is staying up late to combat on August 6, 1986?
2. Who or what is the evil spirit called that visits Laura at night?
3. What is Laura's mother's name?
4. How much earlier did Maddy leave in Laura's entry for August 7, 1984?
5. What swoops over Laura as she leaves the woods on November 20, 1985?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laura write of her dreams on July 23, 1984? What imagery is used?
2. When and where does Laura write her entry from August 6, 1986?
3. What is the subject of Laura's poem on November 13, 1985? Who is referenced in the poem?
4. Describe the major thematic elements in Part 5, August 3, 1986 to October 1, 1986. How do these reflect the protagonist?
5. Who does Laura describe for the first time in her entry from June 22, 1986? What is detailed?
6. What themes arise in Laura's entries from Part 3, October 3 1985 to December 16, 1985? What motifs?
7. To whom does Laura write directly in her entry from September 15, 1984? Why?
8. What does Laura write attacked her in a dream on November 20, 1985? Why does she believe she is having nightmares?
9. What does Laura describe in her first diary entry? What occasion begins the narrative?
10. When does Laura first describe her relationship with Bobby in the narrative? How does she describe herself with Bobby?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)