|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Donna's last name?
2. Where is the entrance to the Black Lodge?
(a) Glastonbury Grove.
(b) Tuolomne Meadows.
(c) The Black Wood.
(d) The Pine Meadows.
3. How long had it been since Laura last wrote on June 21, 1986?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 1 year.
4. Who does Laura vow to be a "good person like" in the entry from August 16, 1984?
(d) Her mother.
5. What is Laura's cat's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was with Laura when she met the boys described on October 20, 1985?
2. Who does Laura later discover gave her the pony on her birthday?
3. What is Laura Palmer's birthday?
4. How many young men does Laura retell meeting on October 20, 1985?
5. What does Laura write she dreamed she was in August 7, 1984?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the subject of Laura's entry from April 23, 1986? How long had it been since she'd written?
2. Describe the change in narrative style in Part 5, August 3, 1986 to October 1, 1986. What causes the change?
3. Describe Laura's poem from July 29, 1984. Who is the subject of the poem?
4. To whom does Laura write directly in her entry from September 15, 1984? Why?
5. What are some of the principle examples of foreshadowing used in Laura's first diary entries? What do they foretell?
6. What does Laura describe in her first diary entry? What occasion begins the narrative?
7. What does Laura describe in the entry from September 11, 1986? When was it written?
8. What is the subject of Laura's poem on April 24, 1986? How does this entry end?
9. What did Laura describe happening with the Canadian boys on October 20, 1985?
10. What is the significance of owls in the narrative?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)