|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Laura writes that she worries of being thought of as what on July 23, 1984?
2. Laura writes on July 27, 1984, that she secretly enjoys her cousin's discussions of what?
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
3. What is Laura's cat's name?
4. On July 25, 1986, Laura describes her recent birthday. How old did she turn?
5. What is Laura Palmer's birthday?
(a) July 22.
(b) July 5.
(c) July 7.
(d) June 27.
6. How much earlier did Maddy leave in Laura's entry for August 7, 1984?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
7. What is the name of the television show that the characters and events of the book originated from?
(a) "Mork and Mindy."
(b) "The X-Files."
(c) "Twin Peaks."
(d) "Northern Exposure."
8. What does Laura write she experienced on August 7, 1984?
(a) An orgasm.
(b) A date.
(c) A first kiss.
(d) The loss of her virginity.
9. How old was Laura when she lost her virginity?
10. What role does Laura write she hates to have to play but must in order to protect her vulnerability on August 3, 1986?
11. Laura fears Donna would end their friendship if she knew about what on October 3, 1985?
(b) Her drug addiction.
(d) Sexual fantasies.
12. What did Laura decide to do with the diary after December 16, 1985?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Put it away.
(c) Give it to Norma.
(d) Give it to Bobby.
13. What does Laura write she enjoys borrowing from her cousin?
14. Laura questions on June 22, 1986 whether who has something to do with her relationship to BOB?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her pony.
15. At what time of night is Laura's August 4, 1986 written?
(a) 3:30 AM.
(b) 4:30 AM.
(c) 2:00 AM.
(d) 1:00 AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was with Laura when she met the boys described on October 20, 1985?
2. What does Laura write "watches over her" in the entry from August 11, 1984?
3. What is Laura's cousin's name?
4. Laura writes in her entry on June 21, 1986, that she realizes Donna's thoughts are more what than hers?
5. What is Laura's mother's name?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)