|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year is the first entry of "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer" written?
2. At what time is Laura's August 6, 1986, entry written?
(a) 3:30 AM.
(b) 10:10 PM.
(c) 3:00 AM.
(d) 4:47 AM.
3. What is the title of the poem Laura wrote on November 13, 1985?
(a) "The Song of the Owls."
(b) "Listening to the Wood."
(c) "On My 16th Birthday."
(d) "The Last Train."
4. What creatures does the Log Lady describe to Laura when they meet?
5. Where was the entry from August 11, 1984, written?
(a) Laura's bedroom.
(b) Harold's house.
(c) The woods.
(d) Leo's house.
6. Who does Laura describe losing her virginity to on October 1, 1986?
7. Who does Laura later discover gave her the pony on her birthday?
(a) Her father.
(b) Benjamin Horne.
(d) Her aunt.
8. What did Laura vow to do before anyone could hurt her on November 20, 1985?
(a) Run away.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Lose her virginity.
(d) Hurt herself.
9. Laura writes on July 27, 1984, that she secretly enjoys her cousin's discussions of what?
(a) Smoking cigarettes.
10. Laura writes in her entry on June 21, 1986, that she realizes Donna's thoughts are more what than hers?
11. What is Laura Palmer's birthday?
(a) July 5.
(b) July 7.
(c) June 27.
(d) July 22.
12. What does Laura write she experienced on August 7, 1984?
(a) A date.
(b) A first kiss.
(c) An orgasm.
(d) The loss of her virginity.
13. What does Laura write it seems she hasn't done in years on June 21, 1986?
14. Where does Laura write that "he" takes her on June 22, 1986, at night?
(a) The Black Lodge.
(b) The woods.
(c) The White Lodge.
(d) The courtyard.
15. Whose friendship does Laura write seems to be deteriorating on April 23, 1986?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura decide to do with the diary after December 16, 1985?
2. Whose death causes Laura grief in her entry of October 3, 1985?
3. On what date did Laura write of finally getting her period?
4. Laura writes on June 22, 1986 that she tries desperately to stay what?
5. What did Laura hope would leave her alone on December 16, 1985?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)