Part 1 - July 22, 1984 to July 30, 1984
• July 22, 1984 - In the first entry in her new diary, given to her for her twelfth birthday, Laura writes of her intention to tell it everything.
• July 22, 1984 Laura excitedly describes her surprise of the gift of a beautiful horse which she names Troy.
• Laura hints of the mystery of the horse's origins and closes with a comment that she hopes "BOB doesn't come tonight."
• July 23, 1984 - Laura writes about her frequent bad dreams, describing the most recent one in detail.
• July 23, 1984 - Laura writes with anticipation of the imminent arrival of her cousin Maddy.
• July 27, 1984 - Laura comments that she's writing in her diary out in the fort that she, her best friend Donna, and Maddy built, and says she secretly enjoys Maddy talking about "tongue kissing" her boyfriend, even though Donna finds it disgusting.
• July 29, 1984 - This entry is a poem written...
This section contains 2,683 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)