|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ was the first to demonstrate her power and she was able to run around the room on the walls seven or eight feet above the floor.
(d) La Gorda.
2. After the beings left the house the sisters re-arranged their shawls. ______ were pushed to the floor where they began strange movements.
(a) Josefina and La Gorda.
(b) Josefina and Rosa.
(c) Lidia and Rosa.
(d) Lidia and Josefina.
3. Carlos asks La Gorda what shape his luminosity is and she replies that he is in the shape of a/an ______.
4. La Gorda told Carlos that she was certain she had felt the presence of _____ in the marketplace.
(c) Don Juan.
5. According to the book, the Genaros include all of the following except ________, because they were apprentices of Don Genaro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pablito worked with Genaro to come up with a ______ mixture that gave super strength. Once he got the recipe, Pablito was going to leave Genaro.
2. The Mazatec sorcerer began to teach Nestor things about _____ that Genaro had not taught him before moving on.
3. Although Carlos tried to get out of it, La Gorda told him that the special call to be used was the ______ call.
4. La Gorda informs Carlos that their last 'appointment with power' will have to do with the sisters showing him their art, the art of ______.
5. Carlos asks Pablito if their bodies really jumped into the _____ the last time that he saw Don Juan and Don Genaro.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
2. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
3. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
4. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
5. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
6. What does Don Juan insist that being a warrior will bring to the person and to their efforts?
7. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
8. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
9. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
10. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)