|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sisters had pressured Carlos to cure Soledad because they were purposely trying to drain his ______.
2. Don Juan then explained to the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ was the inexplicable force that held things together.
3. When La Gorda became sick and tired of being fat she stopped eating for _____ days which broke her food fixation.
4. In order to teach the lessons on dreaming, Don Juan had the sisters practice using piles of ______.
5. Pablito informs Carlos that his people are ______ and their civilization used to live in the part of Mexico where they were currently residing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Carlos tried to get out of it, La Gorda told him that the special call to be used was the ______ call.
2. ______ used to gaze at thunderheads, and this was how he came to have two of his apprentices.
3. The sisters showed Carlos how to energize himself by gazing at _____ with half closed eyes.
4. After the sisters teach Carlos about their powers, La Gorda tells Carlos that he must now learn the secrets of ______ from the Genaros.
5. La Gorda informs Carlos that when she gazes at a rock she catches a special ______ from it that is particular to that rock.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pablito goes down to Veracruz after a fight with Lidia?
2. What is the purpose of La Gorda since she is a warrior and every warrior must have a purpose?
3. What are the details of humans which make them more vulnerable to death?
4. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
5. What does Don Juan insist that being a warrior will bring to the person and to their efforts?
6. Because Carlos is like the Genaros in luminosity, what should he not believe?
7. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
8. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
9. Why does La Gorda see Don Juan as being cruel in the way that he lives and the way that he teaches?
10. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)