|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos was able to produce the ____ that dispersed the beings which the nagual described as being a method to 'keep one's balance while walking'.
2. La Gorda used a/an ______ in her mouth to fool customers into thinking that she had a toothache and could not eat.
(a) Avocado pit.
3. Don Juan informed La Gorda that any jolt that causes a separation of the layers can cause a human being to ______.
(a) Become disoriented.
(c) Lose their double.
(d) Go into the tonal.
4. The call was responded to and the beings were prowling outside. Carlos felt their presence as an itch in his _____ area.
5. The sisters had pressured Carlos to cure Soledad because they were purposely trying to drain his ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the sisters teach Carlos about their powers, La Gorda tells Carlos that he must now learn the secrets of ______ from the Genaros.
2. Pablito worked with Genaro to come up with a ______ mixture that gave super strength. Once he got the recipe, Pablito was going to leave Genaro.
3. ______ used to gaze at thunderheads, and this was how he came to have two of his apprentices.
4. La Gorda said that seeing the substance left behind after Carlos attacked with his double was true 'seeing' and that the substance was part of his _____.
5. Don Juan taught the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ consisted of 'the order that we are aware of in our daily world'.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
2. As soon as the Nagual leaves, what does Pablito decide that he is strong enough to do?
3. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
4. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
5. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
6. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
7. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
8. What does dreaming do in relation to the layers of luminosity of the human body?
9. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
10. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)