|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The nagual stated that if Carlos could control his attentions then he would be a great ______.
2. Once in the new room, Carlos noticed that the walls were oriented to the ______ directions.
3. Don Juan stated that the ______ attention was only achieved after the objects of the tonal had been removed.
4. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
(b) Place of power.
5. When Pablito comes to visit Carlos he refers to Carlos as _____, which means teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda informs Carlos that ______ told her to tell him to examine all of his bouts with the sisters and Soledad so he may learn from them.
2. The three Genaros reveal to Carlos over the dinner table that the reason they called Don Juan the nagual is because, like him, he was ______.
3. In order to teach the lessons on dreaming, Don Juan had the sisters practice using piles of ______.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ability to summon his 'double' is part of the ______ art.
5. Don Juan stated that when the _____comes out it separates the layers which then must be tightened.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
2. What is the argument Carlos has against the idea of attaining completeness which La Gorda teaches?
3. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
4. Why does La Gorda see Don Juan as being cruel in the way that he lives and the way that he teaches?
5. What does dreaming do in relation to the layers of luminosity of the human body?
6. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
7. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
8. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
9. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
10. What is the purpose of La Gorda since she is a warrior and every warrior must have a purpose?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)