|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ______ attention is focused on the awful side of the world and that the sisters' attention is on the beautiful side of the world.
2. Carlos asks Pablito if their bodies really jumped into the _____ the last time that he saw Don Juan and Don Genaro.
3. "Two hundred and twenty buttocks" was once a name given to ______, one of the sisters apprenticed to Don Juan.
(a) La Gorda.
4. The Mazatec sorcerer began to teach Nestor things about _____ that Genaro had not taught him before moving on.
5. La Gorda used a/an ______ in her mouth to fool customers into thinking that she had a toothache and could not eat.
(c) Avocado pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that the sisters gathered the attention of the nagual through dreaming and that Carlos gathered his through _____.
2. Pablito states that the main difference between Don Juan's apprentices and Don Genaro's apprentices is that Don Juan's were _____ when he found them.
3. The sisters were taught ______ as a way to keep the layers pressed together and eventually tie the attentions together.
4. According to La Gorda, the double was so called because it was double the ______ of the person.
5. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
2. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
3. Because Carlos is like the Genaros in luminosity, what should he not believe?
4. What is the argument Carlos has against the idea of attaining completeness which La Gorda teaches?
5. What happens when Pablito goes down to Veracruz after a fight with Lidia?
6. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
7. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
8. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
9. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
10. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)