|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ was able to leave the world when he was twirled by a wind while working in the fields.
(b) Don Juan.
2. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
3. According to the book, the Genaros include all of the following except ________, because they were apprentices of Don Genaro.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that women are more adept at letting the world collapse because their is a crack they can get through while ______.
(a) Giving birth.
5. Don Juan stated that when the _____comes out it separates the layers which then must be tightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nestor confirms for Carlos that he saw him ______ when they were all together with Don Juan and Genaro the last time.
2. The Mazatec sorcerer taught Nestor how to discern the ______ of things so that he could recognize characteristics that would give him information.
3. According to La Gorda, the double was so called because it was double the ______ of the person.
4. The three Genaros reveal to Carlos over the dinner table that the reason they called Don Juan the nagual is because, like him, he was ______.
5. Carlos' vision of the gigantic _____ was considered to be of great importance because it is where all the sorcerers are supposed to meet some day.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
2. What happens when Pablito goes down to Veracruz after a fight with Lidia?
3. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
4. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
5. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
6. As soon as the Nagual leaves, what does Pablito decide that he is strong enough to do?
7. Because Carlos is like the Genaros in luminosity, what should he not believe?
8. What happens when Carlos stops to tie his laces when he is out for a walk on a trail?
9. What does La Gorda feel has happened to the group since the Sorcerers left?
10. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)