|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan stated that when the _____comes out it separates the layers which then must be tightened.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ______ attention is focused on the awful side of the world and that the sisters' attention is on the beautiful side of the world.
3. When Benigno arrives, he is shy and avoids eye contact. He sits at the table and ______ only occasionally making his presence known.
(a) Looks at the ceiling.
(b) Listens quietly.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Puts his head down.
4. Genaro was able to 'capture' Pablito by offering to make him a ______ so that he would be successful with women.
(a) Smoke mixture.
5. Pablito informs Carlos that his people are ______ and their civilization used to live in the part of Mexico where they were currently residing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mazatec sorcerer taught Nestor how to discern the ______ of things so that he could recognize characteristics that would give him information.
2. Pablito states that he longs for the privilege of being able to walk the face of the earth as a/an ______.
3. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
4. During the display of acrobatics at the house, La Gorda instructs Carlos to hold his hands over his ______.
5. La Gorda told Carlos that dreamers have a particular tree to gaze at. Both Gorda and Carlos have the ______tree.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
2. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
3. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
4. What are the details of humans which make them more vulnerable to death?
5. What has happened since Carlos has brought out his double more than the twice Don Juan wanted him to?
6. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
7. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
8. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
9. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
10. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)