|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda told Carlos that dreamers have a particular tree to gaze at. Both Gorda and Carlos have the ______tree.
2. Nestor reports that as Carlos was running to the edge of the abyss, he grabbed onto Pablito's ______ which changed the luminosity of both.
3. Genaro was able to 'capture' Pablito by offering to make him a ______ so that he would be successful with women.
(d) Smoke mixture.
4. Don Juan stated that the ______ attention was only achieved after the objects of the tonal had been removed.
5. The call was responded to and the beings were prowling outside. Carlos felt their presence as an itch in his _____ area.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that places of power can be discerned by gazing through _______.
2. In order to teach the lessons on dreaming, Don Juan had the sisters practice using piles of ______.
3. La Gorda told Carlos that she was certain she had felt the presence of _____ in the marketplace.
4. La Gorda explained to Carlos that when a child dies they give their ______ back to their parents, and Carlos is horrified by this idea.
5. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
2. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
3. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
4. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
5. What will happen when Carlos returns after going away to contemplate his two bouts as omens?
6. What does La Gorda feel has happened to the group since the Sorcerers left?
7. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
8. What happens when Carlos stops to tie his laces when he is out for a walk on a trail?
9. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
10. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)