|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sisters were taught ______ as a way to keep the layers pressed together and eventually tie the attentions together.
2. Pablito tells Carlos that he is not only one of Don Juan's children but also one of Genaro's because they both added to his ______.
3. After expressing his grief for the loss of Genaro and the nagual, Nestor states that he was able to turn into a ______.
4. La Gorda explained to Carlos that when a child dies they give their ______ back to their parents, and Carlos is horrified by this idea.
5. According to the book, the nagual and sorcerer Don Juan's last name is ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda tells him that places that are to be avoided are intensely _____ and that places of power are yellow.
2. Don Juan suggested that a warrior walks for miles every day and only eats _____ mouthfuls of food at a sitting.
3. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ability to summon his 'double' is part of the ______ art.
4. When La Gorda became sick and tired of being fat she stopped eating for _____ days which broke her food fixation.
5. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of La Gorda since she is a warrior and every warrior must have a purpose?
2. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
3. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
4. Why does La Gorda see Don Juan as being cruel in the way that he lives and the way that he teaches?
5. What does Don Juan insist that being a warrior will bring to the person and to their efforts?
6. What does La Gorda feel has happened to the group since the Sorcerers left?
7. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
8. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
9. What does dreaming do in relation to the layers of luminosity of the human body?
10. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)