|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that the sisters gathered the attention of the nagual through dreaming and that Carlos gathered his through _____.
(c) Power plants.
2. ______ used to gaze at thunderheads, and this was how he came to have two of his apprentices.
(a) The nagual.
(b) Don Juan.
(d) Don Genaro.
3. Nestor went back and forth to learn from the Mazatec sorcerer ______ times before he had enough energy to return to this world.
4. Don Juan taught the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ consisted of 'the order that we are aware of in our daily world'.
5. The nagual told La Gorda that women are easier to teach to be dispassionate. When one can let their _____ go from the world of images, the world collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the book, the nagual referred to the moment when the second attention hooked onto something as _____.
2. La Gorda explained to Carlos that when a child dies they give their ______ back to their parents, and Carlos is horrified by this idea.
3. The nagual told La Gorda that Carlos' ______ won't come out again until Carlos is as old as the nagual.
4. When Pablito comes to visit Carlos he refers to Carlos as _____, which means teacher.
5. The sisters were taught ______ as a way to keep the layers pressed together and eventually tie the attentions together.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Don Juan insist that being a warrior will bring to the person and to their efforts?
2. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
3. Because Carlos is like the Genaros in luminosity, what should he not believe?
4. What happens when Carlos stops to tie his laces when he is out for a walk on a trail?
5. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
6. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
7. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
8. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
9. What happens when Pablito goes down to Veracruz after a fight with Lidia?
10. What are the details of humans which make them more vulnerable to death?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)