|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nestor reports that as Carlos was running to the edge of the abyss, he grabbed onto Pablito's ______ which changed the luminosity of both.
2. The nagual and Genaro were known for their ability to go unnoticed in the middle of chaos in other words, their proficiency at ______.
3. La Gorda announced to the 'sisters' that the nagual, meaning Carlos, was going to call the ______ using his special call.
4. Don Juan then explained to the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ was the inexplicable force that held things together.
5. _____ was the first to demonstrate her power and she was able to run around the room on the walls seven or eight feet above the floor.
(a) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nagual once told Pablito that he had a chance to be a nagual and that the sisters could be his four ______.
2. Carlos was able to produce the ____ that dispersed the beings which the nagual described as being a method to 'keep one's balance while walking'.
3. The sisters showed Carlos how to energize himself by gazing at _____ with half closed eyes.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ability to summon his 'double' is part of the ______ art.
5. The sisters had pressured Carlos to cure Soledad because they were purposely trying to drain his ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened since Carlos has brought out his double more than the twice Don Juan wanted him to?
2. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
3. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
4. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
5. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
6. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
7. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
8. What does dreaming do in relation to the layers of luminosity of the human body?
9. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
10. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)