|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nestor reports that as Carlos was running to the edge of the abyss, he grabbed onto Pablito's ______ which changed the luminosity of both.
2. ______ used to gaze at thunderheads, and this was how he came to have two of his apprentices.
(a) Don Genaro.
(b) Don Juan.
(c) The nagual.
3. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
4. Pablito reveals that Soledad's original name was _______ before Don Juan and Genaro got hold of both of them.
5. According to the book, the Genaros include all of the following except ________, because they were apprentices of Don Genaro.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters showed Carlos how to energize himself by gazing at _____ with half closed eyes.
2. Carlos began to do the special call - he describes it as being a kind of mouth air movement which also has a _____ quality.
3. The nagual once told Pablito that he had a chance to be a nagual and that the sisters could be his four ______.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ______ attention is focused on the awful side of the world and that the sisters' attention is on the beautiful side of the world.
5. The sisters and Carlos entered a different room of the house. Josefina, Rosa, and Lidia were lying on the floor which was made of ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
2. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
3. What has happened since Carlos has brought out his double more than the twice Don Juan wanted him to?
4. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
5. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
6. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
7. What are the details of humans which make them more vulnerable to death?
8. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
9. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
10. As soon as the Nagual leaves, what does Pablito decide that he is strong enough to do?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)