|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ability to summon his 'double' is part of the ______ art.
2. The nagual told La Gorda that women are easier to teach to be dispassionate. When one can let their _____ go from the world of images, the world collapses.
3. Don Juan then explained to the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ was the inexplicable force that held things together.
4. The nagual told La Gorda that Carlos' ______ won't come out again until Carlos is as old as the nagual.
(c) Good side.
5. Carlos' vision of the gigantic _____ was considered to be of great importance because it is where all the sorcerers are supposed to meet some day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters had pressured Carlos to cure Soledad because they were purposely trying to drain his ______.
2. The Mazatec sorcerer began to teach Nestor things about _____ that Genaro had not taught him before moving on.
3. Don Juan taught the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ consisted of 'the order that we are aware of in our daily world'.
4. When cloud gazing, the nagual never permitted the apprentices to gaze at thunderheads, but ______ disobeyed and was nearly killed.
5. Carlos asks Pablito if their bodies really jumped into the _____ the last time that he saw Don Juan and Don Genaro.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does La Gorda see Don Juan as being cruel in the way that he lives and the way that he teaches?
2. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
3. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
4. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
5. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
6. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
7. What will happen when Carlos returns after going away to contemplate his two bouts as omens?
8. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
9. What happens when Carlos stops to tie his laces when he is out for a walk on a trail?
10. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)