|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the display of acrobatics at the house, La Gorda instructs Carlos to hold his hands over his ______.
(a) Belly button.
2. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
3. When Josefina, Rosa, and Lidia entered the room for the final appointment with power they were all wearing _____.
4. When Benigno arrives, he is shy and avoids eye contact. He sits at the table and ______ only occasionally making his presence known.
(a) Listens quietly.
(b) Looks at the ceiling.
(c) Puts his head down.
(d) Takes a nap.
5. La Gorda used a/an ______ in her mouth to fool customers into thinking that she had a toothache and could not eat.
(d) Avocado pit.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda told Carlos that dreamers have a particular tree to gaze at. Both Gorda and Carlos have the ______tree.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that she has seen his weaknesses and that her feeling of 'seeing' came to the top of her ______.
3. According to La Gorda, the double was so called because it was double the ______ of the person.
4. According to the book, the nagual and sorcerer Don Juan's last name is ______.
5. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
2. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
3. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
4. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
5. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
6. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
7. What is the argument Carlos has against the idea of attaining completeness which La Gorda teaches?
8. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
9. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
10. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)