|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Don Juan states that the attention of the _____ is inside always pushing out and thus causing separation of the layers.
2. The nagual stated to Carlos that the only freedom that warriors have is _______. The force that rules our destinies is outside of volition.
(a) Lack of responsibility.
(d) The ability to travel.
3. La Gorda mentions to Carlos that the nagual thought that he would have enough energy to summon his double ______ times.
4. The Genaros reveal to Carlos that Don Juan and Don Genaro took him to a grove of _______ trees, because they were his tree.
5. La Gorda told Carlos that she was certain she had felt the presence of _____ in the marketplace.
(b) Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The sisters were taught ______ as a way to keep the layers pressed together and eventually tie the attentions together.
2. The Mazatec sorcerer taught Nestor how to discern the ______ of things so that he could recognize characteristics that would give him information.
3. The nagual once told Pablito that he had a chance to be a nagual and that the sisters could be his four ______.
4. Genaro was able to 'capture' Pablito by offering to make him a ______ so that he would be successful with women.
5. Pablito states that he longs for the privilege of being able to walk the face of the earth as a/an ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
2. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
3. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
4. What is the argument Carlos has against the idea of attaining completeness which La Gorda teaches?
5. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
6. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
7. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
8. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
9. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
10. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)