|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pablito worked with Genaro to come up with a ______ mixture that gave super strength. Once he got the recipe, Pablito was going to leave Genaro.
2. The sisters had pressured Carlos to cure Soledad because they were purposely trying to drain his ______.
3. The nagual told La Gorda that Carlos' ______ won't come out again until Carlos is as old as the nagual.
(a) Good side.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ______ attention is focused on the awful side of the world and that the sisters' attention is on the beautiful side of the world.
5. La Gorda tells Carlos that he psychologically fought the teachings of Genaro and Don Juan because they are______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nestor went back and forth to learn from the Mazatec sorcerer ______ times before he had enough energy to return to this world.
2. The Genaros reveal to Carlos that Don Juan and Don Genaro took him to a grove of _______ trees, because they were his tree.
3. Carlos was able to produce the ____ that dispersed the beings which the nagual described as being a method to 'keep one's balance while walking'.
4. La Gorda said that seeing the substance left behind after Carlos attacked with his double was true 'seeing' and that the substance was part of his _____.
5. The nagual told La Gorda that women are easier to teach to be dispassionate. When one can let their _____ go from the world of images, the world collapses.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the details of humans which make them more vulnerable to death?
2. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
3. What does La Gorda feel has happened to the group since the Sorcerers left?
4. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
5. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
6. Why does Pablito make a clothing booth bigger while he is filling in building clothing booths?
7. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
8. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
9. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
10. As soon as the Nagual leaves, what does Pablito decide that he is strong enough to do?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)