|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that the nagual informed her that humans are composed of layers of ________.
2. La Gorda tells him that places that are to be avoided are intensely _____ and that places of power are yellow.
3. Carlos was able to produce the ____ that dispersed the beings which the nagual described as being a method to 'keep one's balance while walking'.
4. Don Juan informed La Gorda that any jolt that causes a separation of the layers can cause a human being to ______.
(a) Become disoriented.
(b) Go into the tonal.
(d) Lose their double.
5. Nestor states that he thinks that Lidia is angry at Pablito because he was unable to _______ according to the nagual's instructions.
(a) Solidify the corner.
(b) Perform a healing.
(c) Steal her wind.
(d) Perform sexually.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that Don Juan first taught the sisters ______ before he could teach them dreaming.
2. After the beings left the house the sisters re-arranged their shawls. ______ were pushed to the floor where they began strange movements.
3. Pablito worked with Genaro to come up with a ______ mixture that gave super strength. Once he got the recipe, Pablito was going to leave Genaro.
4. Don Juan taught the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ consisted of 'the order that we are aware of in our daily world'.
5. La Gorda tells Carlos that women are more adept at letting the world collapse because their is a crack they can get through while ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
2. Why does La Gorda see Don Juan as being cruel in the way that he lives and the way that he teaches?
3. What does Don Juan insist that being a warrior will bring to the person and to their efforts?
4. What are the details of humans which make them more vulnerable to death?
5. What happens when Carlos stops to tie his laces when he is out for a walk on a trail?
6. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
7. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
8. As soon as the Nagual leaves, what does Pablito decide that he is strong enough to do?
9. How will La Gorda be able to lose human form in order to become more powerful?
10. What does Don Juan do in order to test the apprentices in a tonal task with the table?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)