|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mazatec sorcerer taught Nestor how to discern the ______ of things so that he could recognize characteristics that would give him information.
2. Carlos was taught how to hook his second attention by using _____, the same as Eligio.
(b) Power plants.
3. Carlos was able to produce the ____ that dispersed the beings which the nagual described as being a method to 'keep one's balance while walking'.
4. The nagual stated to Carlos that the only freedom that warriors have is _______. The force that rules our destinies is outside of volition.
(a) The ability to travel.
(b) Lack of responsibility.
5. Pablito worked with Genaro to come up with a ______ mixture that gave super strength. Once he got the recipe, Pablito was going to leave Genaro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nestor states that he thinks that Lidia is angry at Pablito because he was unable to _______ according to the nagual's instructions.
2. La Gorda told Carlos that dreamers have a particular tree to gaze at. Both Gorda and Carlos have the ______tree.
3. When cloud gazing, the nagual never permitted the apprentices to gaze at thunderheads, but ______ disobeyed and was nearly killed.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that places of power can be discerned by gazing through _______.
5. When Pablito comes to visit Carlos he refers to Carlos as _____, which means teacher.
Short Essay Questions
1. Because Carlos is like the Genaros in luminosity, what should he not believe?
2. What is the argument Carlos has against the idea of attaining completeness which La Gorda teaches?
3. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
4. What does La Gorda feel has happened to the group since the Sorcerers left?
5. Why does La Gorda see Don Juan as being cruel in the way that he lives and the way that he teaches?
6. When do the Genaros feel safe and at ease in their lives, according to this part of the story?
7. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
8. What has happened since Carlos has brought out his double more than the twice Don Juan wanted him to?
9. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
10. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)