|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that the sisters gathered the attention of the nagual through dreaming and that Carlos gathered his through _____.
(a) Power plants.
2. Pablito reveals that Soledad's original name was _______ before Don Juan and Genaro got hold of both of them.
3. Nestor confirms for Carlos that he saw him ______ when they were all together with Don Juan and Genaro the last time.
4. "Two hundred and twenty buttocks" was once a name given to ______, one of the sisters apprenticed to Don Juan.
(a) La Gorda.
5. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
(c) Place of power.
Short Answer Questions
1. After expressing his grief for the loss of Genaro and the nagual, Nestor states that he was able to turn into a ______.
2. The sisters showed Carlos how to energize himself by gazing at _____ with half closed eyes.
3. La Gorda tells him that places that are to be avoided are intensely _____ and that places of power are yellow.
4. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
5. Carlos asks La Gorda what shape his luminosity is and she replies that he is in the shape of a/an ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
2. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
3. What does Carlos know is the only deterrent to despair in one's life, according to the teachings he has learned?
4. What is the argument Carlos has against the idea of attaining completeness which La Gorda teaches?
5. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
6. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
7. What is the purpose of La Gorda since she is a warrior and every warrior must have a purpose?
8. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
9. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
10. Why doesn't La Gorda help Pablito with his new position in which Don Juan has put him?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)