|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____ was the first to demonstrate her power and she was able to run around the room on the walls seven or eight feet above the floor.
(b) La Gorda.
2. The nagual stated that if Carlos could control his attentions then he would be a great ______.
3. Don Juan informed La Gorda that any jolt that causes a separation of the layers can cause a human being to ______.
(a) Lose their double.
(c) Go into the tonal.
(d) Become disoriented.
4. After expressing his grief for the loss of Genaro and the nagual, Nestor states that he was able to turn into a ______.
5. Once in the new room, Carlos noticed that the walls were oriented to the ______ directions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos began to do the special call - he describes it as being a kind of mouth air movement which also has a _____ quality.
2. Don Juan taught the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ consisted of 'the order that we are aware of in our daily world'.
3. Don Juan suggested that a warrior walks for miles every day and only eats _____ mouthfuls of food at a sitting.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that Don Juan first taught the sisters ______ before he could teach them dreaming.
5. During the display of acrobatics at the house, La Gorda instructs Carlos to hold his hands over his ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the four outcomes Don Juan has predicted as a result of Carlos' visit?
2. Why does Josefina attempt to play a prank on Carlos, pretending to be a strange man sleeping next to him?
3. What does Don Juan insist that being a warrior will bring to the person and to their efforts?
4. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
5. What happens when Carlos stops to tie his laces when he is out for a walk on a trail?
6. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
7. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
8. What does Carlos find out that the Genaros lack though Carlos seems to have them?
9. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
10. What does La Gorda feel has happened to the group since the Sorcerers left?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)