|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sisters teach Carlos about their powers, La Gorda tells Carlos that he must now learn the secrets of ______ from the Genaros.
2. Nestor went back and forth to learn from the Mazatec sorcerer ______ times before he had enough energy to return to this world.
3. Carlos was taught how to hook his second attention by using _____, the same as Eligio.
(b) Power plants.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ______ attention is focused on the awful side of the world and that the sisters' attention is on the beautiful side of the world.
5. La Gorda tells Carlos that Don Juan first taught the sisters ______ before he could teach them dreaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Benigno arrives, he is shy and avoids eye contact. He sits at the table and ______ only occasionally making his presence known.
2. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
3. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ability to summon his 'double' is part of the ______ art.
4. Nestor reports that as Carlos was running to the edge of the abyss, he grabbed onto Pablito's ______ which changed the luminosity of both.
5. La Gorda says, "An impeccable stalker can turn anything into prey...we can even stalk our own _______".
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Pablito goes down to Veracruz after a fight with Lidia?
2. What are the shapes La Gorda says that humans and sorcerers have, respectively, within her teachings?
3. In order to energize for a long day, what does La Gorda decide to show Carlos how to do?
4. What do the women need now that they have lost their old purpose, now that Carlos has decided to stay?
5. What is supposed to happen when all of the apprentices finally lose their form? What will happen to Carlos?
6. What will happen when Carlos returns after going away to contemplate his two bouts as omens?
7. What does Genaro convince Pablito he is feeding Don Juan when he hires Don Juan as his assistant?
8. Why does Carlos miss the explanations of Don Juan, according to his own learning process?
9. Why can't six of the apprentices shake off their human forms, according to the story?
10. How does the Nagual of Carlos get out of his body when it does? How does the Nagual escape?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)