|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
2. In order to be able to heal the two women who Carlos hurt, he needed to ______ the wounds.
(b) Breathe on.
3. ________ is another name that the sorcerer Don Juan is known as by Soledad, Pablito, Lidia, and Josefina.
(a) The Eligio.
(b) The Tonal.
(c) The Mescalito.
(d) The Nagual.
4. The floor of Soledad's room has magical properties and it is oriented to the magic of the _____ wind.
5. Dona Soledad produces wash basins to which she adds ________ . She then instructs Carlos to wash himself with the water.
(b) Mashed leaves.
(c) Mashed vines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soledad's ______ tries to help her capture Carlos but ends up knocking her over instead.
2. Soledad attempts to ______ Carlos with her hair tie after she has pulled him down on top of her.
3. Carlos had interrupted the ability of Soledad's _____ to take power over him because he liked it and continued to look at the lines.
4. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
5. The difference between the way that men do the gesture and women do the gesture is that women store their feelings in ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must La Gorda and Carlos go to a place of power when they are traveling together?
2. Why does Dona Soledad become angry at Carlos, even though she says that they are the same?
3. What does Dona Soledad say that the Nagual is when she is first teaching Carlos about the lessons he is meant to learn?
4. What does the scary man do with the wind in order to help La Gorda learn about her life?
5. What happens to Rosa's hand when she attempts to strike Carlos with a heavy object?
6. What does La Gorda need to get from Carlos in order to reclaim her edge from Pablito?
7. What is the story of Josefina and Lidia according to the story as it is told in the beginning of the book?
8. What does Carlos do when Lidia mentions Carlos stealing Dona Soledad's soul?
9. Describe the living situation of Pablito as Carlos finds him in the beginning of the story.
10. What is the tickle that Carlos feels a sign of, according to the lessons he has learned from Don Juan?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)