|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
(c) Umbilical region.
2. Although Carlos was again able to save himself by jumping out of his body he was also saved by the arrival of ______.
(a) La Gorda.
3. The nagual once gave Soledad _____ during her apprenticeship training in order to help speed her along.
4. Carlos' ability to "stop the world" was accompanied by a _______ sensation at the top of his head.
5. Rosa says, "The Witness has told us that you always know what to do." The Witness who is being referred to is _____.
(a) Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
2. Don Juan had called the four sisters _______ meaning the 'little sisters'.
3. Carlos was Don Juan's second apprentice. Shortly after Carlos, came the apprentice _______ who was tortured by a chick following her around.
4. La Gorda's history included having to beg for food using a ______ so that people would feel bad for her.
5. Josefina shreds her hand on a _______ before she is finally able to drop her old ways and move into the ways of power.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must La Gorda and Carlos go to a place of power when they are traveling together?
2. What is the tickle that Carlos feels a sign of, according to the lessons he has learned from Don Juan?
3. What quality does La Gorda have that Don Juan had too which helps to make Carlos feel at ease?
4. Describe the living situation of Pablito as Carlos finds him in the beginning of the story.
5. What does Carlos search for outside, accusing Dona Soledad of tricks when he sees this creature in the area?
6. What does Lidia reveal about the power of La Gorda in relation to the Nagual?
7. It is said that women warriors have a best direction, and what happens when Dona Soledad is in the right direction?
8. What are the strict orders that La Gorda is under in relation to the location of the Sorcerers when she is helping Carlos?
9. What happened when La Gorda got pregnant when she was younger and having a troubled life?
10. What is the ability that the Nagual has given to La Gorda and Carlos, though not to the girls, though all are the same?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)