|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pablito rescued Elena, also known as _______ from a life of poverty and sets her up doing laundry.
(a) La Gorda.
2. When Lidia tells Carlos that all five of us are the same, she is referring to all of the following except ______.
(d) La Gorda.
3. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
(a) The tonal.
(b) The Nagual.
(c) The mescalito.
(d) The leader.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
5. Soledad attempts to ______ Carlos with her hair tie after she has pulled him down on top of her.
(a) Tie up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
2. The three women contrived to attack Carlos. _______ began nibbling at his side while he was lying on the floor.
3. The nagual finds _______ chasing a pig and offers her a job which she is reluctant to take fearing rape.
4. In order for Soledad to be complete she must get her missing piece back from ______, which will be difficult because he is a sorcerer.
5. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. What allies does Carlos see when La Gorda shows him her light?
2. What does Lidia reveal about the power of La Gorda in relation to the Nagual?
3. Where do men and women store their memories, according to the observations of Carlos?
4. What is the tickle that Carlos feels a sign of, according to the lessons he has learned from Don Juan?
5. What happens when Carlos tries to escape Dona Soledad after learning that she is the one who is to teach him instead of Don Juan?
6. What is on the forehead of Dona Soledad and the arm of Rosa when Carlos finds them huddled against the wall in pain?
7. Carlos remembers a story about a friend who was dying in the hospital, but what did Don Juan say about how she could push her disease away?
8. What happens to Rosa's hand when she attempts to strike Carlos with a heavy object?
9. What is the whirlwind an omen for when it comes for Dona Soledad, according to her teachings?
10. Why does Dona Soledad become angry at Carlos, even though she says that they are the same?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)