|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Carlos wants to leave, he is told that he must stay until _______ gets there and Rosa and Lidia will take care of him.
(b) La Gorda.
2. When one of the allies begins to approach, La Gorda instructs Carlos to ______ in his hands and create sparks.
(d) Rub dirt.
3. Carlos Castaneda is searching for Don Juan, and he stops at Pablito's house where he lives with his mom and _____ sisters.
4. Soledad's ______ tries to help her capture Carlos but ends up knocking her over instead.
5. Although Carlos was again able to save himself by jumping out of his body he was also saved by the arrival of ______.
(a) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. During this encounter Carlos becomes aware that he is viewing the scene in the house from the ______.
2. According to Don Juan, children end up stealing the ______ that their parents once possessed. This creates a hole.
3. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
4. La Gorda was finally saved when ______ found her and took her in to his carpentry shop. There she started doing laundry.
5. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
Short Essay Questions
1. What allies does Carlos see when La Gorda shows him her light?
2. What does Lidia reveal about the power of La Gorda in relation to the Nagual?
3. Why must La Gorda and Carlos go to a place of power when they are traveling together?
4. What does Carlos search for outside, accusing Dona Soledad of tricks when he sees this creature in the area?
5. What is the tickle that Carlos feels a sign of, according to the lessons he has learned from Don Juan?
6. Where do men and women store their memories, according to the observations of Carlos?
7. What does the scary man do with the wind in order to help La Gorda learn about her life?
8. What quality does La Gorda have that Don Juan had too which helps to make Carlos feel at ease?
9. It is said that women warriors have a best direction, and what happens when Dona Soledad is in the right direction?
10. What is important about the goodbye gesture that La Gorda makes to her house and to the valley?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)