|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nestor went back and forth to learn from the Mazatec sorcerer ______ times before he had enough energy to return to this world.
2. The nagual stated that if Carlos could control his attentions then he would be a great ______.
3. ______ was able to leave the world when he was twirled by a wind while working in the fields.
(c) Don Juan.
4. Pablito worked with Genaro to come up with a ______ mixture that gave super strength. Once he got the recipe, Pablito was going to leave Genaro.
5. La Gorda advises Carlos not to go to Genaro's ______. She says they are still too weak from dealing with the allies the night before.
(c) Place of power.
6. La Gorda tells Carlos that he and _______ are very alike and that Carlos should expect him to visit first.
7. During the display of acrobatics at the house, La Gorda instructs Carlos to hold his hands over his ______.
(b) Belly button.
8. Pablito states that he longs for the privilege of being able to walk the face of the earth as a/an ______.
(c) Ordinary man.
9. La Gorda informs Carlos that their last 'appointment with power' will have to do with the sisters showing him their art, the art of ______.
10. Carlos was able to produce the ____ that dispersed the beings which the nagual described as being a method to 'keep one's balance while walking'.
11. Don Juan stated that when the _____comes out it separates the layers which then must be tightened.
12. During the running on the walls demonstration, Carlos began to feel discomfort in his _______, almost as if that area of his body was being used to complete the feat.
13. La Gorda tells Carlos that she has seen his weaknesses and that her feeling of 'seeing' came to the top of her ______.
14. According to the book, the nagual referred to the moment when the second attention hooked onto something as _____.
(a) Starting the world.
(b) Stopping time.
(c) Stopping the world.
(d) Stopping the dance.
15. Nestor reports that as Carlos was running to the edge of the abyss, he grabbed onto Pablito's ______ which changed the luminosity of both.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pablito tells Carlos that he is not only one of Don Juan's children but also one of Genaro's because they both added to his ______.
2. After the beings left the house the sisters re-arranged their shawls. ______ were pushed to the floor where they began strange movements.
3. La Gorda tells Carlos that his ability to summon his 'double' is part of the ______ art.
4. "Two hundred and twenty buttocks" was once a name given to ______, one of the sisters apprenticed to Don Juan.
5. La Gorda informs Carlos that ______ told her to tell him to examine all of his bouts with the sisters and Soledad so he may learn from them.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)