|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Two hundred and twenty buttocks" was once a name given to ______, one of the sisters apprenticed to Don Juan.
(b) La Gorda.
2. After the transformation to an animal, Nestor relates that he found himself at the hut of a Mazatec sorcerer called ______.
(a) Juan Matus.
3. Pablito states that the main difference between Don Juan's apprentices and Don Genaro's apprentices is that Don Juan's were _____ when he found them.
(a) Nearly dead.
4. Carlos asks Pablito if their bodies really jumped into the _____ the last time that he saw Don Juan and Don Genaro.
5. Don Juan states that the attention of the _____ is inside always pushing out and thus causing separation of the layers.
6. La Gorda tells Carlos that she has seen his weaknesses and that her feeling of 'seeing' came to the top of her ______.
7. The nagual told La Gorda that Carlos' ______ won't come out again until Carlos is as old as the nagual.
(a) Good side.
8. La Gorda used a/an ______ in her mouth to fool customers into thinking that she had a toothache and could not eat.
(c) Avocado pit.
9. Don Juan suggested that a warrior walks for miles every day and only eats _____ mouthfuls of food at a sitting.
10. Don Juan then explained to the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ was the inexplicable force that held things together.
11. ______ used to gaze at thunderheads, and this was how he came to have two of his apprentices.
(a) Don Juan.
(b) The nagual.
(c) Don Genaro.
12. The sisters were taught ______ as a way to keep the layers pressed together and eventually tie the attentions together.
13. According to the book, the nagual and sorcerer Don Juan's last name is ______.
14. La Gorda tells Carlos that women are more adept at letting the world collapse because their is a crack they can get through while ______.
(b) Giving birth.
15. The sisters and Carlos entered a different room of the house. Josefina, Rosa, and Lidia were lying on the floor which was made of ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos and La Gorda are talking about the different colors of luminosity that different people have. She states that sorcerers like her and Carlos are _______.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that since the time that the nagual pushed him into the crack between two worlds his 'time' was now ______ o'clock.
3. After expressing his grief for the loss of Genaro and the nagual, Nestor states that he was able to turn into a ______.
4. The sisters showed Carlos how to energize himself by gazing at _____ with half closed eyes.
5. ______ was able to leave the world when he was twirled by a wind while working in the fields.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)