|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ was able to leave the world when he was twirled by a wind while working in the fields.
(d) Don Juan.
2. According to La Gorda, the double was so called because it was double the ______ of the person.
3. The Mazatec sorcerer taught Nestor how to discern the ______ of things so that he could recognize characteristics that would give him information.
4. The nagual told La Gorda that Carlos' ______ won't come out again until Carlos is as old as the nagual.
(d) Good side.
5. La Gorda mentions to Carlos that the nagual thought that he would have enough energy to summon his double ______ times.
6. La Gorda tells Carlos that he and _______ are very alike and that Carlos should expect him to visit first.
7. According to the book, the property of being a nagual has to do with the _____ that came out of Carlos' head.
8. La Gorda explained to Carlos that when a child dies they give their ______ back to their parents, and Carlos is horrified by this idea.
9. Pablito reveals that Soledad's original name was _______ before Don Juan and Genaro got hold of both of them.
10. The sisters and Carlos entered a different room of the house. Josefina, Rosa, and Lidia were lying on the floor which was made of ______.
11. La Gorda tells Carlos that since the time that the nagual pushed him into the crack between two worlds his 'time' was now ______ o'clock.
12. La Gorda tells Carlos that he psychologically fought the teachings of Genaro and Don Juan because they are______.
13. Pablito states that he longs for the privilege of being able to walk the face of the earth as a/an ______.
(d) Ordinary man.
14. Nestor states that he thinks that Lidia is angry at Pablito because he was unable to _______ according to the nagual's instructions.
(a) Solidify the corner.
(b) Perform a healing.
(c) Perform sexually.
(d) Steal her wind.
15. "Two hundred and twenty buttocks" was once a name given to ______, one of the sisters apprenticed to Don Juan.
(d) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the running on the walls demonstration, Carlos began to feel discomfort in his _______, almost as if that area of his body was being used to complete the feat.
2. Don Juan taught the sisters and the Genaros that the ______ consisted of 'the order that we are aware of in our daily world'.
3. After the sisters teach Carlos about their powers, La Gorda tells Carlos that he must now learn the secrets of ______ from the Genaros.
4. La Gorda informs Carlos that when she gazes at a rock she catches a special ______ from it that is particular to that rock.
5. Once in the new room, Carlos noticed that the walls were oriented to the ______ directions.
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)