|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
(d) Umbilical region.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that people are pieces of the _______ which is why people's energy appears as it does.
3. All of the following jumped into the abyss except ______, the last time that Carlos saw Don Juan.
(d) Don Juan.
4. The 'stick' that Carlos saw when he was attacked was in reality a ______ with which one of the girls attacked him.
(a) Dream foot.
(b) Dream stick.
(c) Dream sword.
(d) Dream hand.
5. Carlos heard a dry _____ at the base of his neck and he was able to extricate himself from Soledad.
6. Castaneda refers to Josefina's ability to disguise herself as being a form of ______ that she is practicing.
7. Carlos described one of Don Juan's allies as being eight or nine feet tall and _______ in shape.
8. Don Juan stated that this particular sensation was necessary for ______ to cultivate.
9. Soledad attempts to ______ Carlos with her hair tie after she has pulled him down on top of her.
(c) Tie up.
10. In La Gorda's case, ______ women emptied her and the hole in her stomach used to be like a cavern.
11. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
(a) The ally.
(b) The friend.
(c) The dog.
(d) The apprentice.
12. The nagual set La Gorda a task of taking care of _______ in order to give what she had never received, love and affection.
(a) Lidia and Rosa.
(b) Josefina and Soledad.
(c) Rosa and Josefina.
(d) Lidia and Josefina.
13. Don Juan's other ally came in the form of ______. Both of his allies scared the wits out of Carlos.
(a) A jaguar.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A panther.
(d) A coyote.
14. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
(a) His head.
(b) His feet.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His legs.
15. In addition to having no teeth and an ugly, old, smelly body ______ also seemed to have some kind of facial paralysis.
(c) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soledad attempts to take Carlos' _______ so that she can be complete, at the instruction of Don Juan.
2. In order for Soledad to be complete she must get her missing piece back from ______, which will be difficult because he is a sorcerer.
3. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
4. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
5. The nagual uses _______ to cure or kill the laundry woman because he sees death approaching. This allows her to learn more than the other apprentices.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)