|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. La Gorda enters Carlos' car in a bizarre way as if it were a/an ______ reminding Carlos of Don Juan.
2. When Carlos and La Gorda arrive at the cave she tells him that he is ______ but the bouts with the sisters have made him stronger.
3. Carlos was Don Juan's second apprentice. Shortly after Carlos, came the apprentice _______ who was tortured by a chick following her around.
(a) La Gorda.
4. The nagual finds _______ chasing a pig and offers her a job which she is reluctant to take fearing rape.
(c) La Gorda.
5. Pablito's sisters are actually _____ of Don Juan and not biologically related to Dona Soledad.
6. Carlos' ability to "stop the world" was accompanied by a _______ sensation at the top of his head.
7. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that she alone knows the location of ______. Carlos then demands that she tell him.
(a) Don Juan and Nestor.
(b) Don Juan and Pablito.
(c) Don Juan and Genaro.
(d) Don Juan and Benigno.
8. The difference between the way that men do the gesture and women do the gesture is that women store their feelings in ______.
(a) Their chest.
(b) Their heads.
(c) Their womb.
(d) Their stomach.
9. Soledad attempts to ______ Carlos with her hair tie after she has pulled him down on top of her.
(a) Tie up.
10. Soledad's ______ tries to help her capture Carlos but ends up knocking her over instead.
11. When one of the allies begins to approach, La Gorda instructs Carlos to ______ in his hands and create sparks.
(c) Rub dirt.
12. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
13. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
(a) His children.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His aunt.
14. La Gorda tells Carlos that people are pieces of the _______ which is why people's energy appears as it does.
15. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos Castaneda is searching for Don Juan, and he stops at Pablito's house where he lives with his mom and _____ sisters.
2. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
3. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
4. In addition to having no teeth and an ugly, old, smelly body ______ also seemed to have some kind of facial paralysis.
5. La Gorda was finally saved when ______ found her and took her in to his carpentry shop. There she started doing laundry.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)