|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
2. Carlos was also re-oriented in a similar fashion early on in his apprenticeship except that his direction is _______.
3. La Gorda's history included having to beg for food using a ______ so that people would feel bad for her.
4. Don Juan stated that this particular sensation was necessary for ______ to cultivate.
5. Carlos had interrupted the ability of Soledad's _____ to take power over him because he liked it and continued to look at the lines.
(d) Power stick.
6. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
7. _______ was Don Juan's first apprentice and she was found half dead in a house.
(d) La Gorda.
8. The nagual finds _______ chasing a pig and offers her a job which she is reluctant to take fearing rape.
(c) La Gorda.
9. La Gorda enters Carlos' car in a bizarre way as if it were a/an ______ reminding Carlos of Don Juan.
10. Carlos again hears the sound at the base of his neck and is able to counter-attack ______ when she attacks him with her 'stick'.
11. La Gorda was challenged one day by ______ and was forced into a hole for days until she could accept her fate.
(c) The allies.
(d) The wind.
12. Soledad's ______ tries to help her capture Carlos but ends up knocking her over instead.
13. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
(a) The leader.
(b) The Nagual.
(c) The tonal.
(d) The mescalito.
14. La Gorda says to Carlos that the sisters are all the same, just as all of the following are the same except ______.
15. When La Gorda returned to her home, her _______ led her out to the desert and beat her with sticks and rocks and left her for dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
2. In order for Soledad to be complete she must get her missing piece back from ______, which will be difficult because he is a sorcerer.
3. When one of the allies begins to approach, La Gorda instructs Carlos to ______ in his hands and create sparks.
4. ________ is another name that the sorcerer Don Juan is known as by Soledad, Pablito, Lidia, and Josefina.
5. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)