|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
(d) Umbilical region.
2. Using her _______, La Gorda climbs atop Carlos so that they appear to be one tall creature in order to escape the allies.
(a) Flying ability.
(c) Red fibers.
3. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
(a) The dog.
(b) The ally.
(c) The apprentice.
(d) The friend.
4. In order to be able to heal the two women who Carlos hurt, he needed to ______ the wounds.
(a) Breathe on.
5. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
(a) His children.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His wife.
6. The floor of Soledad's room has magical properties and it is oriented to the magic of the _____ wind.
7. Soledad attempts to ______ Carlos with her hair tie after she has pulled him down on top of her.
(b) Tie up.
8. At the opening of the chapter Carlos is accused of having stolen Soledad's _______ during their encounter.
9. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that she alone knows the location of ______. Carlos then demands that she tell him.
(a) Don Juan and Genaro.
(b) Don Juan and Pablito.
(c) Don Juan and Nestor.
(d) Don Juan and Benigno.
10. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
11. When La Gorda returned to her home, her _______ led her out to the desert and beat her with sticks and rocks and left her for dead.
12. Carlos described one of Don Juan's allies as being eight or nine feet tall and _______ in shape.
13. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
14. Rosa says, "The Witness has told us that you always know what to do." The Witness who is being referred to is _____.
(a) Don Juan.
15. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
2. When Lidia tells Carlos that all five of us are the same, she is referring to all of the following except ______.
3. Don Juan had called the four sisters _______ meaning the 'little sisters'.
4. The nagual uses _______ to cure or kill the laundry woman because he sees death approaching. This allows her to learn more than the other apprentices.
5. La Gorda was challenged one day by ______ and was forced into a hole for days until she could accept her fate.
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)