Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lidia stated that, in terms of the four sisters, ______ was the boss and the nagual himself had put her in command.
(d) La Gorda.
2. When Carlos and La Gorda arrive at the cave she tells him that he is ______ but the bouts with the sisters have made him stronger.
3. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
(a) Starts shouting.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Starts throwing things.
(d) Hands out the packages he brought.
4. Rosa says, "The Witness has told us that you always know what to do." The Witness who is being referred to is _____.
(b) Don Juan.
5. According to Don Juan, _______ is not a good time for Carlos and thus the sisters were instructed to attack him then.
6. Don Juan's other ally came in the form of ______. Both of his allies scared the wits out of Carlos.
(a) A panther.
(b) A jaguar.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A wolf.
7. The nagual stated that power only comes after we accept our _______ without recriminations.
8. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
9. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
10. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
(a) His mother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
11. The nagual set La Gorda a task of taking care of _______ in order to give what she had never received, love and affection.
(a) Lidia and Josefina.
(b) Lidia and Rosa.
(c) Josefina and Soledad.
(d) Rosa and Josefina.
12. Rosa tells Carlos that Josefina's child has been around for a while and that he is _______ child.
(b) Don Juan's.
(d) Don Genaro's.
13. La Gorda enters Carlos' car in a bizarre way as if it were a/an ______ reminding Carlos of Don Juan.
14. In order to be able to heal the two women who Carlos hurt, he needed to ______ the wounds.
(a) Breathe on.
15. Don Juan suggested to Carlos that if he wanted to pay him back he could make a donation to the "spirit of _______".
(a) The land.
(b) The allies.
(c) The desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Carlos learns how to heal the injuries he has given, he drives the two girls to _______ house.
2. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
3. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
4. Although Carlos wants to leave, he is told that he must stay until _______ gets there and Rosa and Lidia will take care of him.
5. La Gorda steps outside of the cave to show Carlos her luminosity and does a _______ demonstration.
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)