|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
(a) The mescalito.
(b) The leader.
(c) The Nagual.
(d) The tonal.
2. Don Juan's other ally came in the form of ______. Both of his allies scared the wits out of Carlos.
(a) A coyote.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A jaguar.
(d) A panther.
3. Although Carlos wants to leave, he is told that he must stay until _______ gets there and Rosa and Lidia will take care of him.
(a) La Gorda.
4. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
5. Rosa tells Carlos that Josefina's child has been around for a while and that he is _______ child.
(b) Don Juan's.
(c) Don Genaro's.
6. The book states that the best way to cure a terminal patient is to remind them they are ______. When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
7. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His feet.
(d) His legs.
8. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
(d) La Gorda.
9. _______ has difficulty talking and Carlos is horrified by the apparent 'aphasia' that has made it difficult for her.
10. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
11. At some point talking to the sisters, Carlos became aware of a ______ that was moving around the house.
(a) Green light.
(b) Yellow light.
(c) Blue light.
(d) Red light.
12. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
(c) Using the allies.
13. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
14. Carlos again hears the sound at the base of his neck and is able to counter-attack ______ when she attacks him with her 'stick'.
15. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that she alone knows the location of ______. Carlos then demands that she tell him.
(a) Don Juan and Pablito.
(b) Don Juan and Genaro.
(c) Don Juan and Benigno.
(d) Don Juan and Nestor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Carlos learns how to heal the injuries he has given, he drives the two girls to _______ house.
2. In addition to having no teeth and an ugly, old, smelly body ______ also seemed to have some kind of facial paralysis.
3. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
4. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
5. When Carlos and La Gorda arrive at the cave she tells him that he is ______ but the bouts with the sisters have made him stronger.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)