|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order for Soledad to be complete she must get her missing piece back from ______, which will be difficult because he is a sorcerer.
2. At the opening of the chapter Carlos is accused of having stolen Soledad's _______ during their encounter.
3. When La Gorda returned to her home, her _______ led her out to the desert and beat her with sticks and rocks and left her for dead.
4. The 'stick' that Carlos saw when he was attacked was in reality a ______ with which one of the girls attacked him.
(a) Dream hand.
(b) Dream foot.
(c) Dream sword.
(d) Dream stick.
5. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
6. During the conversation at the house, one of the girls states that ______ is in the mountains looking for Nestor.
(b) La Gorda.
7. ________ runs out to greet him and Carlos is unnerved because she is running too fast and nimbly for an old woman.
(a) Dona Soledad.
(b) Dona Lidia.
(c) Dona Eligio.
(d) Dona Gorda.
8. The floor of Soledad's room has magical properties and it is oriented to the magic of the _____ wind.
9. In La Gorda's case, ______ women emptied her and the hole in her stomach used to be like a cavern.
10. According to the book, when La Gorda was finally able to escape from the man who was beating her she was ________.
(d) Physically disabled.
11. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
(a) His aunt.
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His mother.
12. According to the book, Carlos told La Gorda that he was going to drive until he reached the town of _______.
(a) San Francisco.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Mexico City.
13. Carlos' ability to "stop the world" was accompanied by a _______ sensation at the top of his head.
14. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
(a) La Gorda.
15. The three women contrived to attack Carlos. _______ began nibbling at his side while he was lying on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
2. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
3. La Gorda says to Carlos that the sisters are all the same, just as all of the following are the same except ______.
4. La Gorda was finally saved when ______ found her and took her in to his carpentry shop. There she started doing laundry.
5. Carlos heard a dry _____ at the base of his neck and he was able to extricate himself from Soledad.
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)