|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
2. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
(c) La Gorda.
3. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
(b) Animal skins.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
5. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
(a) Hello gesture.
(b) Power gesture.
(c) Goodbye gesture.
(d) 'Seeing' gesture.
6. The difference between the way that men do the gesture and women do the gesture is that women store their feelings in ______.
(a) Their heads.
(b) Their stomach.
(c) Their womb.
(d) Their chest.
7. When La Gorda returned to her home, her _______ led her out to the desert and beat her with sticks and rocks and left her for dead.
8. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
(c) Using the allies.
9. Josefina shreds her hand on a _______ before she is finally able to drop her old ways and move into the ways of power.
(a) Piece of glass.
10. Rosa says, "The Witness has told us that you always know what to do." The Witness who is being referred to is _____.
(c) Don Juan.
11. Pablito's sisters are actually _____ of Don Juan and not biologically related to Dona Soledad.
12. Carlos is invited by Pablito's mother to have sex with her. She is upset that he is not _______.
13. In addition to having no teeth and an ugly, old, smelly body ______ also seemed to have some kind of facial paralysis.
(c) La Gorda.
14. ______ learns things from the nagual that he does not teach to any of the other apprentices.
(b) La Gorda.
15. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that she alone knows the location of ______. Carlos then demands that she tell him.
(a) Don Juan and Benigno.
(b) Don Juan and Genaro.
(c) Don Juan and Nestor.
(d) Don Juan and Pablito.
Short Answer Questions
1. The 'stick' that Carlos saw when he was attacked was in reality a ______ with which one of the girls attacked him.
2. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
3. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
4. The three women contrived to attack Carlos. _______ began nibbling at his side while he was lying on the floor.
5. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)