|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lidia tells Carlos that all five of us are the same, she is referring to all of the following except ______.
(b) La Gorda.
2. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
3. At some point talking to the sisters, Carlos became aware of a ______ that was moving around the house.
(a) Blue light.
(b) Green light.
(c) Yellow light.
(d) Red light.
4. The 'stick' that Carlos saw when he was attacked was in reality a ______ with which one of the girls attacked him.
(a) Dream sword.
(b) Dream foot.
(c) Dream stick.
(d) Dream hand.
5. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
6. During this encounter Carlos becomes aware that he is viewing the scene in the house from the ______.
7. Carlos had interrupted the ability of Soledad's _____ to take power over him because he liked it and continued to look at the lines.
(a) Power stick.
8. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
(a) Using the allies.
9. Castaneda refers to Josefina's ability to disguise herself as being a form of ______ that she is practicing.
10. Josefina shreds her hand on a _______ before she is finally able to drop her old ways and move into the ways of power.
(c) Piece of glass.
11. ________ is another name that the sorcerer Don Juan is known as by Soledad, Pablito, Lidia, and Josefina.
(a) The Eligio.
(b) The Nagual.
(c) The Tonal.
(d) The Mescalito.
12. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
(b) La Gorda.
13. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
14. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
15. Rosa tells Carlos that Josefina's child has been around for a while and that he is _______ child.
(a) Don Genaro's.
(d) Don Juan's.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ has difficulty talking and Carlos is horrified by the apparent 'aphasia' that has made it difficult for her.
2. In La Gorda's case, ______ women emptied her and the hole in her stomach used to be like a cavern.
3. Soledad tells Carlos that ______ has instructed her not to let him leave and she enlists the help of her dog.
4. According to Don Juan, children end up stealing the ______ that their parents once possessed. This creates a hole.
5. Carlos again hears the sound at the base of his neck and is able to counter-attack ______ when she attacks him with her 'stick'.
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)