|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
(c) Animal skins.
2. La Gorda was finally saved when ______ found her and took her in to his carpentry shop. There she started doing laundry.
3. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
4. ______ learns things from the nagual that he does not teach to any of the other apprentices.
(a) La Gorda.
5. According to Don Juan, _______ is not a good time for Carlos and thus the sisters were instructed to attack him then.
6. Soledad tells Carlos that ______ has instructed her not to let him leave and she enlists the help of her dog.
(a) Don Eligio.
(b) Don Genaro.
(c) Don Juan.
(d) Don Benigno.
7. Don Juan teaches the women to open up the crack between the worlds by using the magic time of ______.
(b) The full moon.
8. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
9. Carlos' ability to "stop the world" was accompanied by a _______ sensation at the top of his head.
10. During the conversation at the house, one of the girls states that ______ is in the mountains looking for Nestor.
(b) La Gorda.
11. Dona Soledad produces wash basins to which she adds ________ . She then instructs Carlos to wash himself with the water.
(a) Mashed vines.
(b) Mashed leaves.
12. Carlos again hears the sound at the base of his neck and is able to counter-attack ______ when she attacks him with her 'stick'.
13. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
(a) His head.
(b) His feet.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His legs.
14. Carlos described one of Don Juan's allies as being eight or nine feet tall and _______ in shape.
15. The book states that the best way to cure a terminal patient is to remind them they are ______. When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan suggested to Carlos that if he wanted to pay him back he could make a donation to the "spirit of _______".
2. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
3. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
4. The difference between the way that men do the gesture and women do the gesture is that women store their feelings in ______.
5. Carlos is invited by Pablito's mother to have sex with her. She is upset that he is not _______.
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)