|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
(a) The mescalito.
(b) The leader.
(c) The tonal.
(d) The Nagual.
2. Carlos had interrupted the ability of Soledad's _____ to take power over him because he liked it and continued to look at the lines.
(c) Power stick.
3. La Gorda says to Carlos that the sisters are all the same, just as all of the following are the same except ______.
4. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
(b) Animal skins.
5. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
6. Carlos is invited by Pablito's mother to have sex with her. She is upset that he is not _______.
7. The 'stick' that Carlos saw when he was attacked was in reality a ______ with which one of the girls attacked him.
(a) Dream sword.
(b) Dream stick.
(c) Dream hand.
(d) Dream foot.
8. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
(a) Hello gesture.
(b) Power gesture.
(c) 'Seeing' gesture.
(d) Goodbye gesture.
9. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
10. All of the following jumped into the abyss except ______, the last time that Carlos saw Don Juan.
(b) Don Juan.
11. The book states that the best way to cure a terminal patient is to remind them they are ______. When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
12. La Gorda tells Carlos that people are pieces of the _______ which is why people's energy appears as it does.
13. Carlos described one of Don Juan's allies as being eight or nine feet tall and _______ in shape.
14. La Gorda enters Carlos' car in a bizarre way as if it were a/an ______ reminding Carlos of Don Juan.
15. According to Don Juan, _______ is not a good time for Carlos and thus the sisters were instructed to attack him then.
Short Answer Questions
1. Don Juan suggested to Carlos that if he wanted to pay him back he could make a donation to the "spirit of _______".
2. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
3. Carlos heard a dry _____ at the base of his neck and he was able to extricate himself from Soledad.
4. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
5. In La Gorda's case, ______ women emptied her and the hole in her stomach used to be like a cavern.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)