|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
2. According to Don Juan, _______ is not a good time for Carlos and thus the sisters were instructed to attack him then.
3. La Gorda tells Carlos that people are pieces of the _______ which is why people's energy appears as it does.
4. ________ runs out to greet him and Carlos is unnerved because she is running too fast and nimbly for an old woman.
(a) Dona Lidia.
(b) Dona Soledad.
(c) Dona Gorda.
(d) Dona Eligio.
5. In addition to having no teeth and an ugly, old, smelly body ______ also seemed to have some kind of facial paralysis.
(c) La Gorda.
6. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
7. ______ learns things from the nagual that he does not teach to any of the other apprentices.
(c) La Gorda.
8. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
(a) His mother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children.
9. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
10. During the conversation at the house, one of the girls states that ______ is in the mountains looking for Nestor.
(d) La Gorda.
11. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
12. Carlos was also re-oriented in a similar fashion early on in his apprenticeship except that his direction is _______.
13. According to Don Juan, children end up stealing the ______ that their parents once possessed. This creates a hole.
14. Pablito's sisters are actually _____ of Don Juan and not biologically related to Dona Soledad.
15. Rosa tells Carlos that Josefina's child has been around for a while and that he is _______ child.
(b) Don Juan's.
(d) Don Genaro's.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
2. The book states that the best way to cure a terminal patient is to remind them they are ______. When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
3. Although Carlos was again able to save himself by jumping out of his body he was also saved by the arrival of ______.
4. The nagual finds _______ chasing a pig and offers her a job which she is reluctant to take fearing rape.
5. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)