|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos described one of Don Juan's allies as being eight or nine feet tall and _______ in shape.
2. La Gorda says to Carlos that the sisters are all the same, just as all of the following are the same except ______.
3. The floor of Soledad's room has magical properties and it is oriented to the magic of the _____ wind.
4. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
(a) The apprentice.
(b) The friend.
(c) The dog.
(d) The ally.
5. Rosa tells Carlos that Josefina's child has been around for a while and that he is _______ child.
(b) Don Genaro's.
(d) Don Juan's.
6. Soledad told Carlos that he was able to prevail over her despite all of the advice she received from Don Juan because of his _____ side.
7. La Gorda tells Carlos that people are pieces of the _______ which is why people's energy appears as it does.
8. La Gorda steps outside of the cave to show Carlos her luminosity and does a _______ demonstration.
9. Don Juan had called the four sisters _______ meaning the 'little sisters'.
(a) Las hermanas.
(b) Las hermanitos.
(c) Las hermanitas.
(d) Las hermanos.
10. The nagual once grabbed Soledad from behind and made her change the _______ of her eyes and her life.
11. The nagual stated that power only comes after we accept our _______ without recriminations.
12. The nagual uses _______ to cure or kill the laundry woman because he sees death approaching. This allows her to learn more than the other apprentices.
13. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
14. At the opening of the chapter Carlos is accused of having stolen Soledad's _______ during their encounter.
15. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
2. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
3. In addition to having no teeth and an ugly, old, smelly body ______ also seemed to have some kind of facial paralysis.
4. Rosa says, "The Witness has told us that you always know what to do." The Witness who is being referred to is _____.
5. According to the book, when La Gorda was finally able to escape from the man who was beating her she was ________.
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)