|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
(a) La Gorda.
2. At some point talking to the sisters, Carlos became aware of a ______ that was moving around the house.
(a) Green light.
(b) Red light.
(c) Blue light.
(d) Yellow light.
3. Soledad attempts to take Carlos' _______ so that she can be complete, at the instruction of Don Juan.
4. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
5. When one of the allies begins to approach, La Gorda instructs Carlos to ______ in his hands and create sparks.
(a) Rub dirt.
6. Josefina shreds her hand on a _______ before she is finally able to drop her old ways and move into the ways of power.
(c) Piece of glass.
7. Using her _______, La Gorda climbs atop Carlos so that they appear to be one tall creature in order to escape the allies.
(c) Red fibers.
(d) Flying ability.
8. Pablito rescued Elena, also known as _______ from a life of poverty and sets her up doing laundry.
(c) La Gorda.
9. The nagual uses _______ to cure or kill the laundry woman because he sees death approaching. This allows her to learn more than the other apprentices.
10. When Carlos and La Gorda arrive at the cave she tells him that he is ______ but the bouts with the sisters have made him stronger.
11. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
12. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
(d) Using the allies.
13. In order for Soledad to be complete she must get her missing piece back from ______, which will be difficult because he is a sorcerer.
14. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
15. La Gorda enters Carlos' car in a bizarre way as if it were a/an ______ reminding Carlos of Don Juan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
2. Carlos again hears the sound at the base of his neck and is able to counter-attack ______ when she attacks him with her 'stick'.
3. The nagual set La Gorda a task of taking care of _______ in order to give what she had never received, love and affection.
4. Carlos Castaneda is searching for Don Juan, and he stops at Pablito's house where he lives with his mom and _____ sisters.
5. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)