|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ has difficulty talking and Carlos is horrified by the apparent 'aphasia' that has made it difficult for her.
2. Carlos was also re-oriented in a similar fashion early on in his apprenticeship except that his direction is _______.
3. The book states that the best way to cure a terminal patient is to remind them they are ______. When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
4. Although Carlos wants to leave, he is told that he must stay until _______ gets there and Rosa and Lidia will take care of him.
(b) La Gorda.
5. Rosa says, "The Witness has told us that you always know what to do." The Witness who is being referred to is _____.
(a) Don Juan.
6. Castaneda refers to Josefina's ability to disguise herself as being a form of ______ that she is practicing.
7. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
8. At some point talking to the sisters, Carlos became aware of a ______ that was moving around the house.
(a) Blue light.
(b) Green light.
(c) Red light.
(d) Yellow light.
9. Rosa tells Carlos that Josefina's child has been around for a while and that he is _______ child.
(a) Don Genaro's.
(b) Don Juan's.
10. Soledad told Carlos that he was able to prevail over her despite all of the advice she received from Don Juan because of his _____ side.
11. Soledad tells Carlos that ______ has instructed her not to let him leave and she enlists the help of her dog.
(a) Don Juan.
(b) Don Eligio.
(c) Don Genaro.
(d) Don Benigno.
12. The nagual uses _______ to cure or kill the laundry woman because he sees death approaching. This allows her to learn more than the other apprentices.
13. In order for Soledad to be complete she must get her missing piece back from ______, which will be difficult because he is a sorcerer.
14. The nagual stated that power only comes after we accept our _______ without recriminations.
15. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
Short Answer Questions
1. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
3. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
4. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
5. Carlos is invited by Pablito's mother to have sex with her. She is upset that he is not _______.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)