|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carlos is told that his loss of luminosity comes from the fact that he can't abandon his enmeshment with ______.
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His children.
(d) His wife.
2. The three women contrived to attack Carlos. _______ began nibbling at his side while he was lying on the floor.
3. The nagual uses _______ to cure or kill the laundry woman because he sees death approaching. This allows her to learn more than the other apprentices.
4. Don Juan stated that this particular sensation was necessary for ______ to cultivate.
5. Carlos was Don Juan's second apprentice. Shortly after Carlos, came the apprentice _______ who was tortured by a chick following her around.
(c) La Gorda.
6. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
(a) His feet.
(b) His legs.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His head.
7. During the conversation at the house, one of the girls states that ______ is in the mountains looking for Nestor.
(a) La Gorda.
8. Pablito rescued Elena, also known as _______ from a life of poverty and sets her up doing laundry.
(d) La Gorda.
9. At the opening of the chapter Carlos is accused of having stolen Soledad's _______ during their encounter.
10. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
11. The light was referred to as _____ and Carlos was told that the second that he became weak it would kill him.
(a) The friend.
(b) The apprentice.
(c) The dog.
(d) The ally.
12. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
13. Using her _______, La Gorda climbs atop Carlos so that they appear to be one tall creature in order to escape the allies.
(b) Red fibers.
(d) Flying ability.
14. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
(a) Starts shouting.
(b) Hands out the packages he brought.
(c) Starts throwing things.
(d) Leaves the house.
15. The difference between the way that men do the gesture and women do the gesture is that women store their feelings in ______.
(a) Their womb.
(b) Their stomach.
(c) Their heads.
(d) Their chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Carlos learns how to heal the injuries he has given, he drives the two girls to _______ house.
2. Soledad's ______ tries to help her capture Carlos but ends up knocking her over instead.
3. Although Carlos wants to leave, he is told that he must stay until _______ gets there and Rosa and Lidia will take care of him.
4. Carlos had interrupted the ability of Soledad's _____ to take power over him because he liked it and continued to look at the lines.
5. La Gorda was challenged one day by ______ and was forced into a hole for days until she could accept her fate.
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)