|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dona Soledad produces wash basins to which she adds ________ . She then instructs Carlos to wash himself with the water.
(b) Mashed leaves.
(c) Mashed vines.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that the purpose of the time in the canyon is to meet the _____ forces.
3. _______ has difficulty talking and Carlos is horrified by the apparent 'aphasia' that has made it difficult for her.
4. Pablito's sisters are actually _____ of Don Juan and not biologically related to Dona Soledad.
5. Carlos' ability to "stop the world" was accompanied by a _______ sensation at the top of his head.
6. The nagual set La Gorda a task of taking care of _______ in order to give what she had never received, love and affection.
(a) Lidia and Rosa.
(b) Josefina and Soledad.
(c) Rosa and Josefina.
(d) Lidia and Josefina.
7. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
(a) Power gesture.
(b) Goodbye gesture.
(c) Hello gesture.
(d) 'Seeing' gesture.
8. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
(a) The Nagual.
(b) The leader.
(c) The mescalito.
(d) The tonal.
9. Carlos was Don Juan's second apprentice. Shortly after Carlos, came the apprentice _______ who was tortured by a chick following her around.
(d) La Gorda.
10. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
(b) Umbilical region.
11. All of the following jumped into the abyss except ______, the last time that Carlos saw Don Juan.
(a) Don Juan.
12. ________ runs out to greet him and Carlos is unnerved because she is running too fast and nimbly for an old woman.
(a) Dona Lidia.
(b) Dona Soledad.
(c) Dona Eligio.
(d) Dona Gorda.
13. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
14. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
15. When Carlos asks how he might be able to cure Soledad of her sickness, he is told to use his _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carlos heard a dry _____ at the base of his neck and he was able to extricate himself from Soledad.
2. Using her _______, La Gorda climbs atop Carlos so that they appear to be one tall creature in order to escape the allies.
3. Don Juan had called the four sisters _______ meaning the 'little sisters'.
4. During this encounter Carlos becomes aware that he is viewing the scene in the house from the ______.
5. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)