|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book states that the best way to cure a terminal patient is to remind them they are ______. When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
2. The nagual finds _______ chasing a pig and offers her a job which she is reluctant to take fearing rape.
(a) La Gorda.
3. One of the girls tells Carlos that he has a hole in his ______ that a woman made when she emptied him.
4. The 'stick' that Carlos saw when he was attacked was in reality a ______ with which one of the girls attacked him.
(a) Dream hand.
(b) Dream sword.
(c) Dream stick.
(d) Dream foot.
5. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
(d) Animal skins.
6. The three women contrived to attack Carlos. _______ began nibbling at his side while he was lying on the floor.
7. La Gorda enters Carlos' car in a bizarre way as if it were a/an ______ reminding Carlos of Don Juan.
8. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that she alone knows the location of ______. Carlos then demands that she tell him.
(a) Don Juan and Benigno.
(b) Don Juan and Nestor.
(c) Don Juan and Genaro.
(d) Don Juan and Pablito.
9. Don Juan's other ally came in the form of ______. Both of his allies scared the wits out of Carlos.
(a) A panther.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A jaguar.
(d) A wolf.
10. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
11. ______ learns things from the nagual that he does not teach to any of the other apprentices.
(a) La Gorda.
12. When Lidia tells Carlos that all five of us are the same, she is referring to all of the following except ______.
(d) La Gorda.
13. Don Juan suggested to Carlos that if he wanted to pay him back he could make a donation to the "spirit of _______".
(a) The allies.
(c) The land.
(d) The desert.
14. In La Gorda's case, ______ women emptied her and the hole in her stomach used to be like a cavern.
15. There are two ways that a sorcerer can tell if someone has a hole in them. The first way is through 'seeing' it looking directly at them. The second way is 'seeing' through_____.
(a) Using the allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Soledad told Carlos that he was able to prevail over her despite all of the advice she received from Don Juan because of his _____ side.
2. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
3. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
4. _______ has difficulty talking and Carlos is horrified by the apparent 'aphasia' that has made it difficult for her.
5. Pablito rescued Elena, also known as _______ from a life of poverty and sets her up doing laundry.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)