|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Soledad was instructed by Don Juan to give Carlos a message, should he prevail, telling him that he was now _______.
(a) The tonal.
(b) The mescalito.
(c) The leader.
(d) The Nagual.
2. _______ has difficulty talking and Carlos is horrified by the apparent 'aphasia' that has made it difficult for her.
3. Carlos Castaneda is searching for Don Juan, and he stops at Pablito's house where he lives with his mom and _____ sisters.
4. La Gorda's history included having to beg for food using a ______ so that people would feel bad for her.
5. The floor of Soledad's room has magical properties and it is oriented to the magic of the _____ wind.
6. Don Juan teaches the women to open up the crack between the worlds by using the magic time of ______.
(d) The full moon.
7. Carlos heard a dry _____ at the base of his neck and he was able to extricate himself from Soledad.
8. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
(a) Starts shouting.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Hands out the packages he brought.
(d) Starts throwing things.
9. When ______ arrives at the house, she first appears to be in her fifties to Carlos, and she can barely walk.
(b) La Gorda.
10. Josefina shreds her hand on a _______ before she is finally able to drop her old ways and move into the ways of power.
(a) Piece of glass.
11. When one of the allies begins to approach, La Gorda instructs Carlos to ______ in his hands and create sparks.
(d) Rub dirt.
12. Women warriors have a best direction in terms of the wind. Soledad's best direction is the _______.
13. At some point talking to the sisters, Carlos became aware of a ______ that was moving around the house.
(a) Red light.
(b) Blue light.
(c) Yellow light.
(d) Green light.
14. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
(a) Hello gesture.
(b) Power gesture.
(c) Goodbye gesture.
(d) 'Seeing' gesture.
15. The nagual finds _______ chasing a pig and offers her a job which she is reluctant to take fearing rape.
(b) La Gorda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dona Soledad produces wash basins to which she adds ________ . She then instructs Carlos to wash himself with the water.
2. When Carlos and La Gorda arrive at the cave she tells him that he is ______ but the bouts with the sisters have made him stronger.
3. La Gorda tells Carlos that the color of a person's normal luminosity is ______. He has a hole in his luminosity that has been patched.
4. La Gorda reveals to Carlos that she alone knows the location of ______. Carlos then demands that she tell him.
5. Don Juan stated that this particular sensation was necessary for ______ to cultivate.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)