|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______ is the best of Don Juan's apprentices and the only one who didn't have to jump into the abyss.
2. When Carlos begins to talk to La Gorda, he becomes upset and _______.
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Hands out the packages he brought.
(c) Starts throwing things.
(d) Starts shouting.
3. Pablito rescued Elena, also known as _______ from a life of poverty and sets her up doing laundry.
(c) La Gorda.
4. Lidia stated that, in terms of the four sisters, ______ was the boss and the nagual himself had put her in command.
(b) La Gorda.
5. When Carlos and La Gorda arrive at the cave she tells him that he is ______ but the bouts with the sisters have made him stronger.
6. When La Gorda returned to her home, her _______ led her out to the desert and beat her with sticks and rocks and left her for dead.
7. According to the book, Don Juan's children are similar in the way that he worked on their holes except _______.
8. In order to be able to heal the two women who Carlos hurt, he needed to ______ the wounds.
(c) Breathe on.
9. After the disguise has been dropped, it is revealed that the child is a bundle of ______.
(c) Animal skins.
10. Carlos described one of Don Juan's allies as being eight or nine feet tall and _______ in shape.
11. Dona Soledad and ______ do not get along well with each other and cause each other conflict.
(b) La Gorda.
12. Pablito's sisters are actually _____ of Don Juan and not biologically related to Dona Soledad.
13. Although Carlos wants to leave, he is told that he must stay until _______ gets there and Rosa and Lidia will take care of him.
(b) La Gorda.
14. When Carlos is able to come out of his body, the other awareness flows out of _____.
(a) His legs.
(b) His feet.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His head.
15. Soledad attempts to ______ Carlos with her hair tie after she has pulled him down on top of her.
(d) Tie up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josefina shreds her hand on a _______ before she is finally able to drop her old ways and move into the ways of power.
2. La Gorda tells Carlos that people are pieces of the _______ which is why people's energy appears as it does.
3. La Gorda steps outside of the cave to show Carlos her luminosity and does a _______ demonstration.
4. When she first faces the little sisters, Carlos is drawn to the way La Gorda holds her hands over her _______.
5. Carlos invites La Gorda to get into the car and she begins a complicated set of movements known as the ______.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)